Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Official: Abbiati is a Juve player

Any news on Christian at the moment guys ?
    AC MILAN Tu Sei Tutta la Mia Vita !!!

nothing yet same old news waitin and hoping something good

Fulham move for AC Milan keeper

FULHAM boss Chris Coleman is in talks with Italian keeper Christian Abbiati about a sensational move to the Premiership.

Abbiati - a former international - could quit Serie A to seal a shock deal to Craven Cottage before the weekend as Coleman moves fast to solve a crisis.

The 28-year-old was due to join Genoa from giants AC Milan but Fulham hope to intercept the move and bring him in as Edwin van der Sar's successor.

Abbiati could even arrive in time to make his debut on Saturday after Coleman was tipped off that he was available and interested.

It would be a huge coup at a time when Fulham needed it most. Abbiati is fit and ready after being replaced in Milan by Brazilian Dida.

Abbiati has grown frustrated in Dida's shadow but he is well-regarded in his homeland where he has won two title medals and an Italian Cup.

Coleman was facing a crisis after keeper Stefan Postma failed a medical to scrap a loan deal yesterday. The giant Dutchman is not yet clear of a knee problem that hit him at Aston Villa.

Coleman wants an experienced No.1 as Mark Crossley is struggling and new boy Jaroslav Drobny is out for weeks.

http://www.fulhamweb.com/fulhamweb/n...rticle_id=4378

Italian keeper set for Fulham switch?

http://www.fansfc.com/frontpage/fron...?newsid=142992

Abbiati's teflon-style of keeping isn't going to win him any plaudits in the EPL, so I'd strongly advise him against a move to Fulham, or any club in England at that. He wouldn't last five minutes.

why not? if he plays all games in the end he could gain confidence again + take precious points for fullham!

cheers
    JUVE MERDA

As long as I live I'll be RED&BLACK and i fight and sing for my Milan! Milan Milan Milan!

CHI MUORE DA ULTRA VIVE PER SEMPRE ... FOSSA DEI LEONI 1968

As far as gaining confidence is concerned, I consider that a moot point as I don't foresee him ever playing for Milan again.

In respect of whether or not he should join Fulham, Abbiati is what I'd term your typical continental keeper, which is to say that he has good shot-stopping ability, but is completely incapable of holding onto the ball. Take a shot at him and his instinct is to punch it away. Whip a cross in and it's a guaranteed certainty that he'll palm the ball away. Personally speaking, I despise that style of keeping and it's one that's strictly taboo in the EPL. IMO, he should stay in Serie A or go to Spain where you can get away with that kind of thing and still be considered world-class.

I hope wherever he goes he will be as good as he was for us
    He deserves a good team
    AC MILAN Tu Sei Tutta la Mia Vita !!!