Page 1 of 80 123451151 ... LastLast

Thread: Official: Milan Signs Alberto Gilardino!

Official: Milan Signs Alberto Gilardino!

Gilardino too pricey for Milan Wednesday 11 May, 2005

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Milan have told Parma that they will not meet their £35m asking price for star striker Alberto Gilardino.

The Rossoneri were believed to be in pole position for the Italian international but his valuation now seems to be a major stumbling block.

"All transfer negotiations are on hold until the end of the season," said chief Adriano Galliani. "However, the figures I’ve been reading about are out of the question."

Milan’s reluctance to dig so deep into their pockets will allow other clubs to join the chase as Parma have admitted.

"I would say that Milan, Juventus and Inter all have an equal chance of netting Gilardino," administrator Luca Baraldi stated on Italian television last night.

The reigning Italian champions may now look elsewhere for a new attacker, with two men freshly linked on Wednesday.

The first is Udinese striker Vincenzo Iaquinta who has enjoyed a wonderful season at the Stadio Friuli.

Yet boss Carlo Ancelotti is also a fan of Palermo target man and Italian international Luca Toni.

Meanwhile, Milan are set to meet with their Chelsea counterparts on Monday to discuss two transfers.

The Italian outfit want to keep Hernan Crespo on a permanent basis, while the Stamford Bridge side are keen on left-back Kakha Kaladze
    Last edited by Filipez; 8th July 2005 at 23:41.
    Forza Milan

ALLEGRI OUT

let's hope not!!! gila would be the perfect addition to our squad!!!!!

if Gilardino is expensive for us, it's expensive for anyone.
    (Milan + Berlusconi + CL Final Income + some Sold Players)

This time Galliani better be lying like always do, because I do NOT want to see Luca Toni in Milan, and I sure as hell don´t want us to keep Crespo and buy Iaquinta as a 3./4. striker...It would be such a weak signal for Milan to send, to waste money on Crespo and a young one-season wonder while Juve have Zlantan and Cassano, Inter have Adriano and Martins, and either Real or Chelsea could snatch up Gila...
    I really hope that it is just another smoke-screen

Sing when we are winning, sing when we are losing
    The core of Milan is
    Red & Black blood, and not silverware and gold

Believe in the Force of the yellow tie
    Su ogni vittoria...la sua griffe

Quote Originally Posted by Nicolas
    This time Galliani better be lying like always do, because I do NOT want to see Luca Toni in Milan, and I sure as hell don´t want us to keep Crespo and buy Iaquinta as a 3./4. striker...It would be such a weak signal for Milan to send, to waste money on Crespo and a young one-season wonder while Juve have Zlantan and Cassano, Inter have Adriano and Martins, and either Real or Chelsea could snatch up Gila...
    I really hope that it is just another smoke-screen
    Well said that man. We were fortunate to get away with a comparatively feeble transfer campaign this season and we'd be certifiable if we thought we could repeat it. The time for frugality and temporary measures must end if we're to stay ahead of the field.

And if we "cant afford" Gilardino, I'd like an official audit performed as either someone's fibbing about our transfer chest..............or someone's discovered the joys of embezzlement.

I don't think we'd let someone of the calibre of Gilardino slip through our fingers especially as we have first real option on him.Like most I think the deal is done and all the talk now is just to sell papers etc.After all we've been there from the start and the most Interested.
    MILAN QUA SI VIVERE IL SOGNI!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What's happening with Kaladze?
    You can love many women...but only ONE football club!!!

FORZA MILAN!