Page 5 of 21 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Thread: CL QF: Inter Vs Milan 2nd Leg (0-2)

Quote Originally Posted by Il Phantomo
    Adriano is definitely not 100% fit...that should nearly level him up to Cruz...Martins worries me the most as this dude is fast and can outrun any of our defenders. I am still worried about fielding Max instead of RIno who is suspended...but we have no alternatives.....I wont survive another deportivo incident.... We must kill their game. An early goal for them will be disasterous for us.....If we score an early one we gonna kill em!

right, thats all what we need, early goal ,. and they are down,as inter isnt capable to score 4 goals! u know,in the last three games they couldnt score vs us. i dont want to underestimate them , but they are not the team to challenge Milan!

Forza Milan

I dont care who will play in the starting eleven , important i am sure even if Brocchi plays will do his best against Merda.

UEFA Champions League
    EuroDerby™

Trademarked by Diavolo - :cool:

I n t e r n a z i o n a l e F C Vs. AC Milan

Stadio San Siro, Milano - ITALIA

--- Quarter-Final - Second Leg ---

-> First Leg: Milan won 2-0 [Stam, Sheva] <-

-> Tuesday (April 12, 2005) <-

-> Kick-off -> 19:45 (UK Time): ITV 2 <-

PREVIEW
    =======

The first leg 6 days ago culminated in Milan putting in one of the ruthlessly efficient displays in the UCL to take down city rivals Inter in a convincing 2-0 win. This campaign has number 6 and number 7 hovering at every corner. evil:" class="inlineimg" />

The Devil's Den had 11 Leoni on the pitch and it had Lions in the stands of the Devil's Den. It roared and the roar was heard for miles! hades: It was a pleasure to be there.

Now the roles are reversed! Inter will be the home side and thus will have a far bigger number of supporters. The stadium will have more Nerazzurri who will back their team to eliminate Milan by putting in the most convincing performance in this tournament so far.

Milan will be wearing the exact same kit they wore on that dramatic night in Milano two seasons ago when Inter were knocked out in the first EuroDerby second leg. The Red & Black jersey, white shorts and white socks! evil:" class="inlineimg" /> Brilliant choice to choose that kit. I would've done the same! The Ghost of two seasons ago. The images of two seasons ago! It will be vivid and it will surely give flashbacks to the Nerazzurri!

German referee Markus Merk takes charge of the game! He is a strict ref who takes no nonsense. Milan & Inter have never lost a game when Merk was in charge. Inter has two wins and a draw in the UCL while Milan has two wins. Interesting proposition.

Mancini thinks that Deportivo La Coruna won 4-1 in La Coruna. He has done his homework. evil:" class="inlineimg" /> He reminds me of Alex Ferguson and his preparation. You just don't expect mistakes like that from top class coaches who have done their preparation.

Inter is going for broke and wants that elusive early goal to make a tie of it. A sold-out San Siro with the help of 20-25000 Milanisti will be rocking! The atmosphere electric for the determinant of which part of Milano will continue their quest for Europe's greatest club trophy!

I N T E R

Inter put in a very good performance in the Milan Derby but lost that game. They put in a good performance in the first half of the EuroDerby but still didn't create enough chances to get that goal. Inter has not scored against Milan this season (0-0, 1-0, 2-0). They have been on the receiving end. Giacinto Facchetti said after the first leg that no matter what happens this Milan side always seem to be prepared for anything! evil:" class="inlineimg" /> Grande Carlo! You da man! Inter have themselves a mountain to climb after going down 2-0 in the first leg. It is almost the perfect result only pulled back by the fact that it is a DERBY and all bets are off in a Derby. An early goal by Inter can change the complexion of the tie from one way to competitive.

The worry for Inter would be whether they can block out a Milan offence that threatens to get that away goal and virtually seal the tie! Inter is strong offensively and good in midfield but their problematic area is the defence that can be caught napping. They can't make a mistake in this encounter. It's lights out if they make a mistake. :eyepatch:

M I L A N

Milan has already not conceded any goals since Matchday 6 and that can give hope to Inter that Milan will eventually concede a goal. It is one of the hardest things to achieve in football. That is to maintain clean sheets in the most difficult phase (knock-out). The four horsemen at the back are doing a mighty fine job! tar: The accusations of a grand-daddy defence are not seen on the forums. :finger: Don't hate, appreciate. :cool: The side has that 'ominous' feeling about it. World class sides are built from the back. Saying that it hasn't achieved anything this season and at the end of the day you need trophies to show for the hard-work throughout the season. Entertaining doesn't get you the trophies. Winning does because 'tis all about winning at the end of the day when everything is said and done. tuckup:

Milan risks to leak in that goal this time around. It will be a mammoth and monumental task to keep Inter at bay I feel. They will come hard and the law of averages suggests that they will get the goal that they crave for. After all Mancini has been talking about getting a goal all along and not ONCE has he mentioned that he wants to win the tie. It's about getting a goal all the time.

Probable Starting Line-Up
    =====================

---------------
    ---> Inter <---
    ---------------

-> 4-4-2 flat formation

--------------------------Toldo-----------------------

-----Zanetti------Cordoba------Mihajlovic-------Favalli--

-Van der Meyde---C. Zanetti----Cambiasso-------Veron--

-------------------Martins------Adriano-----------------

1. Stankovic can't make it for this game. Inter is going to be playing like English opposition. Using the flanks with two hard men in the middle. They are the Italian side that plays most like an English team and Chelsea does the opposite. Inter could win the EPL and Chelsea could win the Serie A. :eekani:

2. Mancini is going to start Van der Meyde to send in those crosses for Adriano to utilize. He should start Vieri instead of Martins IMO as his gameplan is revolving around spreading the Milan midfield and defence to create more space in the middle! Total genius he is and he is earning millions for making the basic mistakes in football! :rolleyes:

3. Mancini will be hoping that Sinisa and Veron have better free kicks this time and somehow Dida is unable to get to them. Dida was masterclass in the first leg! It is one of the most amazing sights to see a fully stretched Dida making a stupendous save. I could see the ones vs. Ajax & Celtic again and again. :cool: Mancini has to keep his troops mentally strong for this game. I doubt whether he has the capacity. I could do a ten times better job and that is a fact! evil:" class="inlineimg" />

---------------
    ---> Milan <---
    ---------------

-> 4-4-2 diamond formation / 4-1-2-1-2

--------------------Dida---------------------

--Cafu-------Stam-------Nesta-------Maldini--

-------------------Pirlo----------------------

-----Ambrosini-----------------Seedorf--------

-------------------Kaka-----------------------

-----------Crespo--------Sheva----------------

1. Carlo Ancelotti wants to send a clear signal that the intent of his side is to get a win even though he has a healthy advantage in the first leg. That's how great minds think. Kaladze has already mentioned that we have to forget about the 2-0. This is a new game and we have to go for the win! roud: Good man! Ancelotti has resonated the same sentiments! Nesta and Maldini have shown focus in their comments. All I can say is that I am fully satisfied by my team's preparation. No stone has been left unturned for the preparation, mindset and approach. :cool:

2. Ambrosini will have a tough job to mark either Veron or VdM who will be changing flanks. My guess would be that Veron will be on Ambrosini's side and used to cut inside to take shots on goal ala Seedorf. Gattuso has more work rate than Ambro but Ambro is a no nonsense hard guy who will not let anybody breeze past him.

3. The key thing is to keep things in check for the first 25 mins of the game. A lot more concentration is required in the first 25 mins of this tie. If the concentration is there and the Milan bunch is focused then the ride can be easy. It will be tough nonetheless.

Tactics
    ======

--------------------------
    --- Mancini [I N T E R] ---
    --------------------------

If there was pressure on Mancini to deliver in the first leg then now he is in a Cauldron of Fire. And a cauldron from hell it will be tonight! tuckup:
    I don't think he has a gameplan. What happens will be due to the brilliance of his personnel and that will come down to Adriano .. the man who dragged Inter along to get to this point in the Serie A and the UCL.

A) Last time I posted whether they have enough composure to get revenge. The result would suggest that they don't have it.
    B) "Adriano is missing and he has got the bucket load of goals and assists. Mancini will need to find a way to play without his biggest strength that is the Brasilian Beast. Milan did it without Shev and now Inter will try to do it without Adriano." The quoted part is what I posted last time. I don't think I need to elaborate on it any longer. The difference is there to see.
    C) Inter wants a goal. I haven't heard about the win. The talk is about the early goal. Where's the focus? Where's the clarity in objective? The objective should be that Inter has to go out and try to score 4 goals at least even though it is difficult! That's the objective and that is what the mindset should've been but no ... it's to get an early goal.

---------------------------
    --- Ancelotti [M I L A N] ---
    ---------------------------

Ancelotti's Grande Milan has done some great things this season. Now he has the opportunity to give Inter a final curtain call in this competition. Ancelotti was not happy with the draw but what amazing preparation for the side! :cool: I wish him the best! He could become one of the greatest coaches in our history!

A) He knows how to approach a game. Like any side his side does make mistakes as well. The Deportivo game's scars are still fresh and his players know what to expect. He did mention that although his side are playing away but the San Siro is OUR stadium! evil:" class="inlineimg" /> Carlo Carlo .... you beauty.
    B) Van der Meyde and Adriano need to be kept in check. A changed formation with a different style being adopted. They will use the wings like an English side so it is important to be strong in the air. The Devil blesses us with the introduction of Ambrosini who is one of the best in the air just as Inter is changing their system for wingplay. tuckup:
    C) Score the goal, continue to pound them and do a EuroDerby double over them.

KEY BATTLES
    ==========

C Zanetti Vs. Seedorf

Martins Vs. Pirlo

Adriano Vs. Nesta

Veron Vs. Ambrosini

Cordoba Vs. Crespo

Van der Meyde Vs. Maldini

Cambiasso Vs. Kaka

KEY MEN
    =======

Adriano
    -------

The Brasilian Beast is back. All signs point to him starting and he would want to put his signature on this game! He is strong, tough, fast and one of the hardest strikers of the ball. He suffered against Milan last time he played. Alexander The Great conquered him. Superb battle in prospect. He scored a hat-trick in his last European outing and will be the key for Inter to make a match of it.

Sheva
    ------

The Stealth Bomber continued his brilliant run against Inter scoring after having an average game by his usual high standards. And he scored with his head which is an ominous sign that he has shaken off his injury. It will be the first time that the Stealth Bomber and Brasilian Beast face-off in a EuroDerby. hades: The Stealth Bomber is the world's best striker and Adriano wants that title. It is a big game and crucial game so Adriano will want to take the spotlight while the Bomber knows that a strike by him will go a long way in deciding the tie.

Hero Watch
    =========

Inter: Adriano, Veron & Cambiasso

Adriano and Veron have done well in this campaign and Cambiasso has given them balance! They are the three most important players in the squad.

Milan: Nesta, Pirlo, Gattuso, Stam & Seedorf

Ringhio is suspended for this game. Pirlo is proving to be the most important player in the Milan squad! I personally think that he holds the key to how far will Milan progress! The Architect is a man obsessed to unlock the doors one by one. Added Stam's name as he is coming into his own! It is encouraging to see so many in the HERO WATCH LIST. :cool:

Prediction

I can't say that the first leg result suprised me because I did predict that exact same scoreline! We are just better prepared than Inter. Inter is no slouch but they just got drawn against the wrong team at the wrong time. This Inter side is a few steps away from becoming a really really good side. The difference is that Milan is already there. Inter may well take the lead and make it a tense affair with Milan on the caution!

The QF is the stage where the most DRAMATIC results take place in the 2nd leg. I was extra relieved to see that our 2nd leg was not on Wednesday as there is slightly more pressure on that matchday. Make no mistake ... the QF 2nd leg is the stage where you have the BEST GAMES in the tournament! It may or may not happen this season as the Rd-16 had very good ties but usually the QF 2nd leg brings the best games of the tournament! This UCL has been great upto this point and it has been the TOUGHEST in European History.

I wonder if Moratti is happy that his side drew Milan? I wonder if Materazzi is busy texting Gattuso again? tuckup: Inter wanted blood. Inter wanted revenge when the draw was made. Well all I can say is that IF YOU WANT BLOOD (You've Got It). evil:" class="inlineimg" />

I've heard that snakes taste really good. Everytime I see that scene
    from "Romancing the Stone" where Douglas is cooking the snake in the crashed plane, I feel like having a snake. I want a snake for dinner tonight. :nasty: evil:" class="inlineimg" /> Milan to get a scoring draw.

tar: Forza Milan tar:

M I L A N

Riferimento d'Europa

Great post as usual Haroon.

Like my friend said, lets CRUSH Inter our way! 0-0

Quote Originally Posted by Haroon
    KEY BATTLES
    ==========

C Zanetti Vs. Seedorf

Martins Vs. Pirlo

Adriano Vs. Nesta

Veron Vs. Ambrosini

Cordoba Vs. Crespo

Van der Meyde Vs. Maldini

Cambiasso Vs. Kaka

Haroon great post like always

in ur key battles no one will hold Sheva ?? if they will leave him free 100% he will score, am i right?

your posts are one of the reasons i love the champions league haroon!!! excellent as usual, i agree with every word....

keep up the good word!!!

Forza

Always sweet to beet Inter and still we'd need more concentration to go through as this is our final objective. Gosh, I hated the way we played in the first leg. May be a goal in the first 30 mins for us would give us wings and we'll once and for all show the interisti which is the better side of Milano.
    "Attila's combat power came chiefly from the mounted troops of the Bulgarians"
    Ride with the wind and follow the one and only Khan Attila!

http://www.fightersgeneration.com/fi...gpunches-a.gif
    http://www.fightersgeneration.com/fi...o-hyo-puff.gif

very nice preview haroon! as always
    Forza Milan

ALLEGRI OUT

Quote Originally Posted by yourmood
    Haroon great post like always

in ur key battles no one will hold Sheva ?? if they will leave him free 100% he will score, am i right?
    There's no use in holding him down mate! He's the Stealth Bomber. When he's coming ... it's best to duck or move over. The Greatest striker playing today!

M I L A N

Riferimento d'Europa