Serie A Seria A w5: Cesena v AC Milan

AdTech Ad
    MATCH PREVIEW
    Serie A Week 5 - 28 Sep 2014 (14.00 UK)
    Cesena - Milan
    Stadio Dino Manuzzi
    Milan
    Cesena

Milan once again did their utmost to give Filippo Inzaghi heart palpitations away from home midweek, and now travel to Cesena.

The Rossoneri already find themselves five points off the pace of reigning champions and League leaders Juventus. Milan's fatal flaw is a defence that is more disorganised than Inzaghi's touchline flapping. By both being the current top scorers and leaking the second-most goals after four games, Il Diavolo are at risk of engaging in slug fests that they cannot win.

Fernando Torres' sumptuous looping header in his first start for his new club is certainly encouraging, and the quality of the finish coupled with his movement suggests that the Spaniard may well be set for a career renaissance.

Cesena were under the cosh for the majority of their visit to Turin and managed to keep the score to a minimum thanks to the heroics of Nicola Leali in goal. At present, the newly promoted side are averaging a point a game, which could ultimately see them survive the season.

The Seahorses will fancy their chances against Milan's rocky rear-guard away from home but they have only managed to find the back of the net three times in four games.

Keep an eye on: Ignazio Abate (Milan) - Jeremy Menez and Keisuke Honda have helped themselves to three goals apiece already this season and the marauding full-back is currently the top assist maker with four. Expect the 27-year-old to be whipping more crosses in an attempt to sink the Seahorses.

Form Guide: Milan ( -W W L D) Cesena ( -W L D L)

Last season: Not played

Stat fact: Milan have conceded at least two goals in their last four away games in Serie A.

Cesena (probable): Leali; Capelli, Lucchini, Krajnc; Perico, Giorgi, Cascione, Mazzotta, Renzetti; Defrel, Marilungo

Suspended: None

Milan (probable): Abbiati; Abate, Alex , Zapata, De Sciglio;, De Jong, Muntari;Bonaventura, Honda, Torres, Menez

Armero could play instead of MdS

i'm very pleased by Honda
    i knew he wasn't such a Curling player as described as last year

hope he grows in self confidence, and for THIS milan, he might be pure gold.

hope also Armero will start producing something

Quote Originally Posted by Call Me 7 Cups View Post
    i'm very pleased by Honda
    i knew he wasn't such a Curling player as described as last year

hope he grows in self confidence, and for THIS milan, he might be pure gold.

hope also Armero will start producing something

Mau! Welcome honey! ��

Is your post an acceptance that Berlusconi can and will bring the club to its knees and we must all accept it? Honda is pretty good player, nothing more but you're right in the 'this milan' statement. Milan is weak, serie A is weak therefore Honda and Menez look like Messi and Ribery

What is the general feeling towards B and G in italia?

if its not bonera, its abbiati, fucking shitt.. i dont believe at this anymore. we were controlling the game, and yet conceeded a funny goal as abbiati couldnt control the softest ever shot to his goal, deflected in front of the opposition and here you are 0-1 down.
    the rest is history.

Quote Originally Posted by artan View Post
    if its not bonera, its abbiati, fucking shitt.. i dont believe at this anymore. we were controlling the game, and yet conceeded a funny goal as abbiati couldnt control the softest ever shot to his goal, deflected in front of the opposition and here you are 0-1 down.
    the rest is history.
    frustrating yes, but i'm more frustrated about a team that can't get over an unlucky countergoal!

as said before it's not due bonera or abbiati we lose games. next week it will be somebody else who fucks up. it's the system it's the mentality horrible!

altho by the end of the first half we looked like we're gonna win this one with 3 goals difference, we didn't manage to create one single good goal opportunity in the second half.... pathetic!

Quote Originally Posted by fillipo View Post
    frustrating yes, but i'm more frustrated about a team that can't get over an unlucky countergoal!

as said before it's not due bonera or abbiati we lose games. next week it will be somebody else who fucks up. it's the system it's the mentality horrible!

altho by the end of the first half we looked like we're gonna win this one with 3 goals difference, we didn't manage to create one single good goal opportunity in the second half.... pathetic!
    There's a few reasons for this

1. We have a system but it's dictated by an arrogant old man who thinks he knows best, this is easily countered by good tactical coaches
    2. We use to be able to counteract the bad system by having a player who was a game changer and through a moment of genius could win us a game (Ibra then Balo) they hid our inadequacy. We no longer have such a player
    3. We haven't addressed the problems in the team that have been evidence since 2010 (goalkeeper and central defence) we had Silva and an ageing Nesta but we should've been looking at Astori, Ogbonna, Dede, Doria long ago
    4. We now live in a time where milan fans rate players like Honda, Pazzini, Essien who are at best average

Quote Originally Posted by drew View Post
    There's a few reasons for this

1. We have a system but it's dictated by an arrogant old man who thinks he knows best, this is easily countered by good tactical coaches
    2. We use to be able to counteract the bad system by having a player who was a game changer and through a moment of genius could win us a game (Ibra then Balo) they hid our inadequacy. We no longer have such a player
    3. We haven't addressed the problems in the team that have been evidence since 2010 (goalkeeper and central defence) we had Silva and an ageing Nesta but we should've been looking at Astori, Ogbonna, Dede, Doria long ago
    4. We now live in a time where milan fans rate players like Honda, Pazzini, Essien who are at best average
    1. yes indeed, it's not inzaghi it's already for many years a problem
    2. yes and no, imo it's already longer a problem, balotelli also wasn't a game changer.
    3. oh yes we did we bought the world best goalkeeper this summer...... fucking cheap bastards!
    4. i also like Honda very much, but we agreed earlier that he's a teammember not a player who can take on the team

anyway i'm not surprised about the result altho this was imo a 1000% must win game no excuses. in carlo's era we also played from time to time such a game, but then the excuse was that focus was on an important CL game....