Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: LAST CALL:Seria A Chievo vs Ac Milan

Serie A LAST CALL:Seria A Chievo vs Ac Milan

MATCH PREVIEW
    Serie A Week 12 - 10 Nov 2013 (14.00 UK)
    Chievo - Milan
    Stadio Marc’Antonio Bentegodi
    Milan
    Chievo

In an attempt to help salvage both their seasons, Chievo and Milan will bid for a win when they meet at the Bentegodi on Sunday afternoon.

It has been an undesirable start for each team heading into Week 12 and they will now come head-to-head in the middle of full blown respective crises.

Staggeringly, the Rossoneri have endured their worse start to a Serie A season in 20 years, sitting below the midway point in the table as well as three points off relegation.

An injury crisis, defensive errors and questionable tactical decisions characterized Milan’s latest 2-0 defeat to Fiorentina last Saturday, while a 3-1 loss to Barcelona on Tuesday evening summed up their lack of confidence.

“We’ve a fight ahead of us on Sunday and it’ll be a different game. I’m not worried, I’m eager to win a game like the players are, we’re on the back of two losses in Europe and in the League,” said head Coach Massimiliano Allegri.

Chievo, conversely, are fighting for their survival as they occupy the dreaded last spot at the foot of the table.

Giuseppe Sannino’s men have fashioned just one win and two draws all season long and have it all to do when they come up against a wounded Milan.

One factor that will bode well for them is their latest improvement in the defensive area, conceding just two goals in two games and holding Bologna to a goalless draw on Monday evening.

The solid performances by Marcelo Estigarribia and Luca Rigoni in the middle of the park allowed Sannino to take some comfort from that result, while Boadu Acosty has shown hunger to push forward at times.

Keep an eye on: Nigel de Jong (Milan) - The Dutchman has been a midfield warrior for the Rossoneri so far this season. He has risen from the ashes of his Achilles injury and bounced back with some tough tackling, crunching fouls and a terrific command above the backline. De Jong has been one of the few positives Milan have been able to talk about this season and it is almost cruel he has had to endure such disappointment on the field while putting out such strong displays.

Form Guide: Chievo (L L L L D) Milan (L W L D L)

Last Season: Chievo 0-1 Milan

Stat Fact: Chievo have only ever taken one win off the Rossoneri in 21 encounters on home soil. Milan have won 17 and drawn three.

Chievo (Probable): Puggioni; Frey, Dainelli, Cesar; Sardo, Radovanov, L.Rigoni, Pamic, Estigarribia; Paloschi, Thereau

Milan (Probable): Abbiati; Abate, Zapata, Mexes, Constant; Montolivo, de Jong, Muntari; Robinho, Matri, Kaka

I read that Milan was planning to play with a 4231 formation for this game.

M I L A N

Riferimento d'Europa

if we dont win over the weakest team of the league, then screw it up. wont watch milan anymore.

The last team in the league is better then us!!!??? Just when I think we can not possibly be any worse we manage to reach new lows!
    in un mese hai perso moglie,tifosi e kakà,papi vendi la società

Montolivo red card. At least we will not see him in the next game! What a JOKE he has become!

Quote Originally Posted by artan View Post
    if we dont win over the weakest team of the league, then screw it up. wont watch milan anymore.
    heheh, I 've stopped watching 5 games ago. I've totally had it with THIS Milan (especially management and coach).
    Forza Milan

ALLEGRI OUT

Compared to this 96/97 and 97/98 will be remembered as good seasons.... We are 4 points from relegation zone, and 8 points from European football...

I just laugh now! People say the coach isn't the problem!

Hilarious!!