Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: UEFA CHAMPIONS LEAGUE : Ac Milan v Barcelona

I agree guys although what started as a great first half ended up as a wheezing limp second half. Our weak areas are CB. It's not so much the individuals as Zapata played well its more our defensive organisation which at times is awful. Messi may be the best but he shouldn't have been allowed to score surrounded by our entire defence.

The 433 is clearly a better formation as you guys say. I've been saying this for years, 4312 leaves you narrow and exposed, our BEST performances come in a 433 where defensive wingers can press and track back aiding the FBs. Only a monumental cretin would revert to 4312. I said yesterday that using 433 would 'queue a good performance'.

Kaka did well but no longer has the ability to beat players so I don't think wide forward is his role anymore. If place him behind Balotelli in a 4231 with SES one side and Honda/Niang the other. Kaka can be rotated with Honda if needs be or even Poli.

Id have liked to have seen Poli start, but I do get why Allegri played Muntari he played well last season but 2 DMs isn't good

I do think barca have a fear of Milan, even this pretty weak Milan
    Last edited by drew; 23rd October 2013 at 12:43.

It was a wonderful and pleasantly surprising power packed start by Milan. There was lots of composure, grit, hunger and compactness from the word go. It wasn't just one player but the entire group that looked focus and concentrated on the task. I think not only did that surprise the spectators but it also took Barcelona by surprise.

We got a deserving lead moments after Muntari's offside goal. It was fantastic stuff.

After 30 minutes there was a drop in concentration levels. It seemed like we were switching off from time to time and one such error cost us. Zapata tried skill in his own third and his pass was wrong. Constant was totally out of position leaving Messi begging for the ball all alone and even after these two big mistakes Messi got the ball and had to cut in to create an angle but Mexes ran too fast at him and got wrong footed. He didn't read the situation because Mexes could have blocked the path if he didn't rush it.

These three mistakes combined for a goal. We also had glorious chances created by the Mexes header and Robinho miss.

Barcelona also created their chances and overall the result is fair. I just hope we can learn to play a full match with total focus and concentration like we did in the first 30 mins. It's a mental thing so the group needs to learn to focus and concentrate as UCL games can be unforgiving. It was probably our best performance of the season.

It was against Barcelona but I won't get excited just yet because this team is quite accustomed to facing Barcelona in the past few years so we do have a level of comfort playing them. We were at home as well so this always helps.

I do feel that when the second leg comes we will have an even bigger squad to choose from and that will help. Quality always helps and we saw that Kaka may not have that same speed but the quality in his touch and vision is still there. He looked threatening and he worked hard for us tracking back all the time.

Robinho was also charged up and showed that he too can provide quality when he wants to.

Muntari with another strong showing. His pass to Robinho was sublime and I recall he was well positioned to pull the trigger in the second half when Kaka almost passed to him.

We need to learn to play more like this. It not only makes us hard to break down but we also look quite potent. We tore their defence apart at will in the first half. It wa good stuff. More of that please.

We have to go to the Camp Nou believing that we can win there. The key here is all in the mind IMO. If we remain concentrated and focused we can do wonders but if we start launching Angry Birds down the pitch.....

It's all down to doing the football basics correctly. It helps when you have intelligent players on the pitch who remain calm under pressure but that has to be done for the full match. It's a more difficult game in the Camp Nou coming up. With a fitter Balotelli, return of De Sciglio, SES and more training we can pull off a result. Barcelona is so much there for the taking but they won't hand it on a plate. You have to work to beat them.
    Last edited by Haroon; 23rd October 2013 at 14:01.

M I L A N

Riferimento d'Europa

Quote Originally Posted by artan View Post
    schön dich wieder hier zu sehen, Swissmilan!
    Merci!
    Manager of AC CH-Milan (171848)
    Lost and Found (capacity: 60000)

Honda is a Milan player. He will join the group on January 3rd. Confirmed!

Balotelli has been great! Kaka's brain writes cheques his body can't cash!

Although barca scored a pseudo penalty and an offside goal we have been poor. We don't do anything particularly bad, but do nothing creative in equal measure

Balotelli has been great! Kaka's brain writes cheques his body can't cash!

Although barca scored a pseudo penalty and an offside goal we have been poor. We don't do anything particularly bad, but do nothing creative in equal measure

Abate having a good game, De Jong pretty good too

It seems we have good Abbiati tonight