Page 5 of 493 FirstFirst 1234567891555105 ... LastLast

Thread: Rumors thread 2013/14

Anzi puts Eto'o and Willian on the market.

Quote Originally Posted by drew View Post
    http://acmilan.theoffside.com/2013/8...is-negotiation

This is interesting.

Also I wonder if Silvestre could turn out to be the CB we need. Ok he sucked at inter, but most players do, and so did Pirlo. But at Catania and Palermo Silvestre was a genuinely top defender.

Our defence has no guarantees that's the problem, it could be brilliant and It could be awful! Mexes, Zapata and Silvestre can all be excellent, but can equally be awful! It reminds me of the Zac era when we had Andre Cruz, Roberto Ayala, Bruno n'Gotty all doing not a lot and then an aging Billy Costacurta trying to keep it all together!
    The problem with that article is that it concludes that we should have a fairly large amount of funds based on selling Silva and Ibra and from being one of the highest CL earners, but the author clearly doesn't follow Milan or he would know that we will never reinvest those funds. Just like all of our big sales. Poof, the money disappears. We spent 20M on Balotelli and we might spend 4M and 10M on Honda and Llajic, respectively and the rest is gone. How could Napoli have 60M to spend (not including the Cavani money) and we spent 20M during the winter but can barely scrap together 14M now. We're Milan, not Napoli. Our frugal ways, coupled with Galliani's penchant for overpaying crap players and signing too many of them is killing us.

Quote Originally Posted by artan View Post
    well drewey, silvestre is given a chance of his life to prove something at ACM,he has 6 months to do so, if not he will be the new acerbi. thats very simple. my point is, ACM have turned to rehabilitation centre for fallen stars, have beens, and players that would use us as launch pad in their careers. that's the bad thing i see
    I don't think his inter tenure is a fair reflection on his ability. I like to try and be fair to players and he was a real deal at Catania and Palermo! Of course there's the 'big club' flop worry, but IMO he's come as replacement for Bonera and....well he's better.

We still need another for me to sleep soundly.

Mexes
    Zapata
    Silvestre
    Astori/Dede

That's good

Zaccardo out, Vergara on loan

Quote Originally Posted by SF_ESQ View Post
    The problem with that article is that it concludes that we should have a fairly large amount of funds based on selling Silva and Ibra and from being one of the highest CL earners, but the author clearly doesn't follow Milan or he would know that we will never reinvest those funds. Just like all of our big sales. Poof, the money disappears. We spent 20M on Balotelli and we might spend 4M and 10M on Honda and Llajic, respectively and the rest is gone. How could Napoli have 60M to spend (not including the Cavani money) and we spent 20M during the winter but can barely scrap together 14M now. We're Milan, not Napoli. Our frugal ways, coupled with Galliani's penchant for overpaying crap players and signing too many of them is killing us.
    Correct.

Only we didn't spend 20m on Balotelli did we, it's instalments so we've paid what, 14m? (Including this year)

I agree with you, the money is never reinvested. The article only shows what we on this forum have said for years, and that is we shouldn't be skint, but somehow we are.

Haroon has written fricking spreadsheets on finances ��

Or (regarding CB) we should give Pacifico a good run at CB

when a club is in financial crisis,instead of buying cheap crap from others, its much better to give a GO to the youngsters coming form the youth system. Pacifico,Petagna,Cristante,Saponara,Gabriel must be given some chance this year, otherwise we will lose them to other clubs just as we did this Astori,Matri,etc etc. ACM did these mistakesin the past given the better financial conditions,but now that we are BROKE,the smartest thing is to give these youngsters some space.
    This season will not be an easy one for ACM. We have bought nothing, our rivals for spot 3 have strengthened out of mass, ...of Scudetto and 2nd place i will not even bother talking. It should be an achievement for us if we manage top 5.Given the current situation, its very logic according to me to have these youngsters on board,... they showed already their class in the preseason friendlies. Added to this, i would get rid of the craps we have which offer 0 and cost us money, be it 5m or 500.000k. A clean up is needed, we are overloaded with shit and crap that accept rotation and the bench.They are all aware that ACM is their top flight,that if they leave they will end up at teams who fight relegation or even worse. Better bench warmer at Milan than starter at Pecara...

Quote Originally Posted by drew View Post
    Correct.

Only we didn't spend 20m on Balotelli did we, it's instalments so we've paid what, 14m? (Including this year)

I agree with you, the money is never reinvested. The article only shows what we on this forum have said for years, and that is we shouldn't be skint, but somehow we are.

Haroon has written fricking spreadsheets on finances ��
    Agreed. People here were say all of this 6-7 years ago. It's funny because now pretty much all Milan fans have stopped worshipping Silvio and Galliani and have realized what's going on. Still hoping someone with ambition and deep pockets acquires us. Where is Haroon anyway? I miss his sunny disposition and optimistic posts.

Quote Originally Posted by SF_ESQ View Post
    Agreed. People here were say all of this 6-7 years ago. It's funny because now pretty much all Milan fans have stopped worshipping Silvio and Galliani and have realized what's going on. Still hoping someone with ambition and deep pockets acquires us. Where is Haroon anyway? I miss his sunny disposition and optimistic posts.
    He has a new job on London bridge blowing Russian businessmen for peanuts and rice

Milan don't need to be bought out, I like this new approach, I was saying back on 2006-7 that we should adopt a youth policy. I don't want Bale or Suarez who are merely mercenaries. I do however expect for us (having made 125m from sales an UCL revenue ) to be able to buy Honda, Ljajic and a good CB like Dede or Astori for a combined 25m.

Nobody wants or expects PSG or city level Of spending

Silvio needs to continue as he is and reinvestig a small percentage of the clubs revenue back I to the club.

We are on the verge of something special here

Montolivo
    Poli
    Cristante
    Saponara
    DeSciglio
    Zapata
    Balotelli
    Mastour
    Niang
    El Shaarawy
    Petagna
    Ljajic ?
    Honda ?

This is a young, very talented lineup of players

It so fits into Silvio's 10 yearly 'interested' cycle

1992-94 big investment
    2001-02 big investment
    2013-

It's not the frivolous spending of before which is a good thing, but there is a marked effort to build a talented young squad