Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: UCL (2012-13) RD16 - 2nd Leg: Barcelona vs. Milan

barca are afraid of juventus now.

Quote Originally Posted by artan View Post
    why the should be? cuz they've beat Celtic and Barca didn't?
    "I'm gonna make him an offer he can't refuse" - Don Corleone

Barca don't need to be afraid of anybody. It is the opposite now because Barcelona went back to the drawing board after two defeats to Real. Had Real been crushed by Barcelona after they got beaten by us, I think we would have seen a less aggressive Barcelona with more arrogance of thinking that they were already through. Milan would have had their number then. But the Real defeats just made everybody mock them and nobody gave them a chance against us. Nobody. So, they showed everybody what they can do.

They went through but the margin was so delicate that we were right in it till that stupid Robinho FK at the death. Just imagine Milan with one away goal in that situation. We would have shaved seconds off the clock and qualified. That is why it is very important IMO to have the ability to score in both legs. That guarantees so much more safety even if the margin of defeat can be big. Today, Spurs got saved because they scored that all important away goal. It's very important to score goals in BOTH LEGS.

I think Real will be the most twitchy right now.

-> Barcelona went back to the drawing board and now have returned in scintillating form. Surely, they can't lose more games to Real so Real will want to avoid them in the QF and SF because the final is a one off game where they might have a chance against them but over two legs I don't see how they can beat Barcelona.

-> Joov has traditionally been a thorn in Real's side. Joov find something extra against them as do Liverpool. So Real will want to avoid them. Saying that, if they do get Joov they can eliminate them but it will be a tight tie surely.

-> Dortmund already stuffed them. Real will not want to face them again even though they will have a better chance of beating them this time as you can't keep losing to the same side.

-> Bayern has been another one of those teams who has been a constant pain in the proverbial for Real so they will want to avoid them. Bayern's shock loss will force them to go back to the drawing board just like Barcelona did

So for Real the chances of getting a bad team for them looms large. Malaga vs. Galatasaray would be a ridiculously bad tie!

I would prefer:

Barca vs. Dortmund (It will be fantastic)
    Real vs. Joov (Simply because it will be a super game)
    PSG vs. Malaga (Qatar Cousin 1 vs. Qatar Cousin 2)
    Bayern vs. Galatasaray (lots of Turks in Germany ... in Schalke it felt like Gala was at home)

Barcelona will kick themselves if they don't win this UCL. And they should.

M I L A N

Riferimento d'Europa

I am in two minds over Allegri. I think letting him go can be a mistake because he has got something good started and next Summer when more older players make room for a new batch of youngsters, Allegri will have a group for an entire Summer to train them and work on the team.

He has built super momentum since the turn of the year so maybe he should be given time with this project. The thing that worries me about him is his UCL record. We have been unlucky to get Barca and not have any luck in both the ties of this year and last year but what about the other opponents we faced? We have been quite ordinary in the UCL with the one game that stands out being the win against Barcelona. It is high time to start winning our group (so that we get the second leg at home rather than away). We need to start winning at home as a habit in the UCL rather than draws or losses. Then, we need to start improving our away form and dominate teams away.

These things can happen if we play like we did against Barca. It's important. Allegri will himself admit that his UCL record is nothing much to talk about. We last won a group in 2007-8. That's a long time. If we win our group then automatically we will position ourselves better to reach the SF.

Bringing in another coach right now in the Summer might destabilise the ship. We have to be careful about this and then decide.

M I L A N

Riferimento d'Europa

i didnt say this.:-) newspapers say

i didnt say this.:-) newspapers say
    half of Barca played half of Juve in Euro final... and they've kicked their ass quite bad..

Inter today LOL!!! :-D I can imagine Stramaccioni crying alone in the changing room

UCL Draw:

1. Malaga vs Dortmund
    2. Real vs Galatasaray
    3. PSG vs Barcelona
    4. Bayern vs Juve

-> Dortmund
    -> Real
    -> Barca
    -> 50/50

It's setup once again for El Clasico in the final. Lets see if it happens this time or not.

M I L A N

Riferimento d'Europa