Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: UCL (2012-13) RD16 - 2nd Leg: Barcelona vs. Milan

Quote Originally Posted by artan View Post
    i dont think we walked out with our heads up. 4-0 isnt that good result as u pretend don.we are ac milan and not ponferradina.
    yes, we are... but let's face the truth. we don't have money. we have a team in the making, we lack quality players on a few positions and yet we could have hoped to go thru this tie until the very last minute... for me this is an achievement. then if Barca was so effective last year we would have gone home being trashed 7-1.
    "I'm gonna make him an offer he can't refuse" - Don Corleone

Excellent post (the long one) Don. I have to say I agree with all your points. We must learn from this and hope to be better prepared when we draw them again next year. I am craving to meet them again.

M I L A N

Riferimento d'Europa

Quote Originally Posted by Haroon View Post
    Excellent post (the long one) Don. I have to say I agree with all your points. We must learn from this and hope to be better prepared when we draw them again next year. I am craving to meet them again.
    you know I don't have a problem to criticize the players or the board or Allegri. The good thing about this forum is that we are not blind, we don't cry, we don''t worship anyone, we don't get carried away... we criticize, we analyze, we call the problems right names...

it's not like the whole situation turned around and that Berlusconi, Galliani and Allegri who got a fair deal of criticism in the last 3 years are just to be praised now.... but I see the future of this team now and it's not like the yesterday's game proved otherwise... yes, Allegri made mistakes, the players made mistakes but there is a light at the end of the tunnel and seeing the recent developments I believe Allegri and the team can learn from these mistakes and move forward... Things might turn out different and I'm sure we won't be oblivious if that happens but I'm giving this team time and I believe they can get back to where Milan belongs..

Yes. Agreed on all accounts. We need some more fresh faces so that this young teams gets younger in some positions and then grows and develops together.

We will be better next year with Balotelli for sure but teams are going to double team him to erase his potency. So we need to fix the weak areas and midfield is one of them.

Surprisingly for me, Mexes did well in both legs. He wasn't all over the place IMO. Zapata did well too.

M I L A N

Riferimento d'Europa

Quote Originally Posted by DonCorleone View Post
    sorry, but you cannot compare the situation Barca playing ag. Segunda Division team and this game. For them, this was the most important game in ages. Two weeks the journalists were saying this tiki taka is over and Messi's magic is gone. The game was dubbed the decider whether this Barca side and Messi still have something to say or if they are over. They couldn't have been more motivated. It was similar to the EURO final when Spain was poor during the tournament and Italy looked like the team to beat and the questions were exactly the same... is the spanish dominance over? Then there was the game when everything went wrong for Italy and Spain was just too motivated and too well prepared to beat. This Milan team is inexperienced. I wouldn't blame them for not putting enough effort but Barca with all that this team done can simply draw more from such a situation than we. For us it was a dream, for them it was a matter of survival.
    I have not seen Messi celebrating a goal so emotionally as he did after his 2nd goal yesterday. After two defeats to Real and a lost game at San Siro they were playing like it is a matter of life and death. Too pitty we conceded so early and then again just before a break. 1-0 or 1-1 at half time would make them damn nervous.

I think that our biggest problem was that we could not cope with their high and aggressive pressing. We lost because we could not hold on to the ball for more than just few seconds (talking about the first half).
    Mourinho is so successful againt the Hobits as only his teams (Chelsea, Inter, Real) could match Barca in terms of pressing. Did you see how Real was pressing Man U. after Nani's red card? We should have been running like crazy in the opening minutes to do everything to survive the first 15-20 minutes. Then the tempo would slow down regardless of score.

I hope we learn from this game and will have revenge next season!
    "Nesta is not a discovery, of course, Nesta can't be described, Nesta can only be loved." (acmilan.com)

Quote Originally Posted by Haroon View Post
    Yes. Agreed on all accounts. We need some more fresh faces so that this young teams gets younger in some positions and then grows and develops together.

We will be better next year with Balotelli for sure but teams are going to double team him to erase his potency. So we need to fix the weak areas and midfield is one of them.

Surprisingly for me, Mexes did well in both legs. He wasn't all over the place IMO. Zapata did well too.
    yes, this was my main concern before the tie and both center-backs did quite well... none of the goals was their fault...
    we still need some new faces in that area as Yepes is slowly approaching 40 and Bonera is just Bonera...
    Respect to Mexes and Zapata thou, they were surprise by all means

It was obvious by the middle of the first half that Ambrosini was not playing well. Same with Constant. Muntari and Desciglio should have played. Not having Pazzini hurt us as well.

Setting all that aside, frankly, Barca played a great game, IMO. I don't think that anyone could have beaten them last night. They were on top form. When Xavi, Iniesta and Messi play like that, they're virtually unbeatable, even with that suspect defense.

We should not be embarrassed by this game, we have a young team without any proven superstars. Six months ago, I would never have thought or said this, but this team is going in the right direction. This experience should help our young players next year (assuming we qualify). With the addition of Saponara and Cristante and some additional shrewd purchases to bolster our midfield and defense, and assuming our young players continue to improve (particularly SES, Niang and Desciglio), we could have a strong team next year. I'd much rather lose with young players who can only get better than with past their prime superstars like the last few years. Promise rather than history.

i don't know you may be right, but i had the feeling that this was doable for us. what pisses me off at most, is allegri with his formation and player selection. when we face some peanuts opposition he closes up the game, fields 4-5 DMs, when we face strong teams where we have to defend a 2-0 he opens up and screws up. i simply dont understand what he is up to. yesterday i was expecting to see a team of bone brakers, a 4-5-1, that won't give barca a centimeter of space to move and circle the ball. instead he fielded ambrossini and flamini only both tired and old, that made barca's job easier than ever.
    this should be a lesson for us for the future, but i won't say this is the best we could get. I am to bet all i have, that barca's next opponent will kick them out. they are vulnerable and beatable even at camp nou!

ps: allegri has to grow up as a coach. he knows 0 tactics and is one dimensional.
    Last edited by artan; 13th March 2013 at 18:06.