Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: AC Garbage - Bologna

Quote Originally Posted by zvonimir View Post
    i don't think ganso and montolivo will be enough to make a great midfield, let alone a world-class one. i have doubts about montolivo. ganso is likely good enough, but he is only one midfielder and we need more great midfielders if we are indeed truly serious about transforming the midfield into one with world-class stature.

like i said before, we need at least 2-3 great midfielders to make the midfield world-class again. most of the great midfielders in the present transfer market will cost within the region of 15-25 million. so at least 30-45 million in total to properly fix the midfield. would there then be enough money to buy a striker after that? i don't really know. besides, for the price of a balo or a higuain, we could get a hernanes or an eriksen. now, wouldn't you say a midfield with ganso, hernanes / eriksen, and montolivo looks a lot more promising and impressive than a midfield with just ganso + montolivo?
    For the most part yes, but in those key champions league games or the away match to Juve or Napoli probably not because it may be the one chance we create needs to be burried and can we rely on Ibra, Robinho or Pato? We had 2 or 3 good chances at White Hart Lane and Pato fluffed them.

We can't win tight matches which are swayed by one chance as Barca, Real or Utd can.

And if we did have Hernanes, Pastore, Montolivo and Aquilani I still believe Allegri would only pay one at a time. He is equally to blame

Today the midfield should have been

------Nocerini----MVB----Aquilani
    -----------------Seedorf

looks like Juve is on a winning wave recently... they suck on paper but they've managed to rise and score goals... they have a lot of internal power we lack now... it looks we are fucked :-( we have quite an easy schedule and still are losing points while they are going step by step... in the end Napoli, Lazio, Roma and Inter turned out to be a better option for them... if they had catenaccio teams, they would probably draw now and then... well, the absence of Silva and Boateng who are 2 out of 3 top players we have now cost us the scudetto... or so it seems. it's still 15 points to play for thou... and I can imagine Juve will drop points on 1 or 2 occasion...still I can't imagine we will win all of the 5 games..
    "I'm gonna make him an offer he can't refuse" - Don Corleone

It is clear we need more than just one player. We need both a great striker and 1 or better 2 quality midfielders. But if a questions is striker or attacking midfielder, then I would go for a striker.
    We can see now that even Barca are struggling without a top striker. They have the best midfield and can dominate the games, but they lost to Chelsea and Real due to poor finishing. They have no longer Eto'o, Villa is out, Sanchez is not fit either and without a quality striker up-front they started picking bad resultes.
    I wonder if we could save one post to fill by moving Ibra deeper? I know we already had this discussion and I think it is the option we should try.
    "Nesta is not a discovery, of course, Nesta can't be described, Nesta can only be loved." (acmilan.com)

The Scudetto is gone. We won't win it. We have been dropping points for a month every other game. It won't change. We have to start thinking of next year now. It's in the bag for Joov. They are champions elect already. ZI is going to lose his first league title after his long streak.

We didn't lose it because of our injuries because when you have a 33 man squad .... you expect to be WELL COVERED even if 5 players are out injured because you still have 28 players. Heck, even if 10 are injured you should feel safe because you still have 23 players unless you just bought horse shit to make up the numbers which is exactly what we did! We only beat Roma Ladri home and away. We dropped points against everybody. How can you expect to win a Scudetto like this?

If you look at it ..... a team really uses 18-20 players regularly in a season so it bloody well frustrates me that we had 33 and they were there just to make up the numbers and earn wages for doing nothing.

M I L A N

Riferimento d'Europa

Last year ZI, Robinho and Pato all had 15 goals each or something similar. This year it is ZI with 24 odd and Nocerino with 10 odd. The rest have been fannying about.

Cassano was out for over half a season and he returns recently. It's absolute BS that he is STILL OUR NUMBER 1 ASSIST MAKER. One needs to pull Boateng to the side and really pull his ears. How can he play many more games than Cassano and still not assist more than him? It's because assisting is not in his nature. He will go for goal even if it is a difficult chance at the cost of losing possession.

Milan doesn't find keeping the ball precious. We are careless in losing it. We don't take pride in keeping it while Pirlo, Seedorf and Kaka didn't lose it that easily. It is one big reason for losing in the UCL. SAF also used to say that to win in Europe you have to keep the ball and not lose it foolishly. He would steam on the bench if his players lost it.

M I L A N

Riferimento d'Europa

we need a midfield!
    Forza Milan

ALLEGRI OUT

Quote Originally Posted by Haroon View Post
    Last year ZI, Robinho and Pato all had 15 goals each or something similar. This year it is ZI with 24 odd and Nocerino with 10 odd. The rest have been fannying about.

Cassano was out for over half a season and he returns recently. It's absolute BS that he is STILL OUR NUMBER 1 ASSIST MAKER. One needs to pull Boateng to the side and really pull his ears. How can he play many more games than Cassano and still not assist more than him? It's because assisting is not in his nature. He will go for goal even if it is a difficult chance at the cost of losing possession.

Milan doesn't find keeping the ball precious. We are careless in losing it. We don't take pride in keeping it while Pirlo, Seedorf and Kaka didn't lose it that easily. It is one big reason for losing in the UCL. SAF also used to say that to win in Europe you have to keep the ball and not lose it foolishly. He would steam on the bench if his players lost it.
    because Boateng IS NOT A CREATIVE midfielder. Something else i have been saying for 2 years, along with Allegri is a douche and 4312 is crap. If we are going to play 4312 lets at least fill the only real attacking creative position with a creative player. Boateng is about pace, driving and dribbling, NOT craft, guile and finesse. Its not a slur on him, he just isnt Pastore or Kaka. Prince fits into a 433 or a 4231 very nicely where his attirbutes and eye for goal can be utilised.

Its a whole world of bullshit and we wont get out of it. the most crucial player in 4312 from an attacking sense, is the No10, the kaka, the Rui Costa. Our options are an agressive powerful midifelder and a left back! How can we expect to be taken seriosly in Europe where others use players like Ozil, Muller, Pastore, Van Der Vaart and Sneijder It is LAUGHABLE

Galliani wants the quick cheap fix becuase Silvio wont give him any cash. Then we pretend we have unearthed this brilliant trequartista called Emanuelson (no slur on urby either, he is a great utility player NOT the next Kaka)

If we are to persist with 4312 then the 1 needs to be a fucking good, fucking clever and ultimately high scoring guy, like Kaka, Giggs, Figo, someone who can add 15+ goals per season to our tally. This is the ONE position we must spend a lot of money. There is no hiding away from this. Without a quality trequartista it is cutting off the oxygen supply to the team!

Man Utd won the UCL with a quality midfield and strikers who merely could finish, not spectacular strikers like Ronaldo, Sheva or Ibra, just strikers who knew where to be and how to finish.