Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: AC Garbage - Bologna

Zvonimir in so many games finishing has cost us! Both Spurs games! Barca! Juve! Fiorentina...the list is endless

Quote Originally Posted by drew View Post
    Zvonimir in so many games finishing has cost us! Both Spurs games! Barca! Juve! Fiorentina...the list is endless
    you either haven't been reading my previous posts, or you're just straight trolling now.

Excuse me, don't go throwing unsubstantiated claims hidden behind a smiley. Nobody is trolling anything?!? You are suggesting us sorting out our midfield with world class midfielders would solve our problems! Haroon and I are pointing out that no matter the quality of the midfield, the strikers have to finish their chances! Seedorf put the ball on a plate for Ibra against Barca and he missed. Likewise Binho in the same game AND at the Camp Nou!

Had we had Sheva and Inzaghi we would have had at least 2 goals potentially leading to an away goals victory! Drogba proved this against Barca in midweek.

A world class midfield means Our percentage of possession will increase as will our number of chances created, but Ibra and Binho will still fluff chances in big matches Under pressure. Haroon is right we need 2 mids and a reliable striker.

Nothing trolling about that!

Kaka is not a midfielder in my opinion, he is a withdrawn striker, as is Messi, Ronaldo etc. I am including the 'Kaka' position as a striker.
    Last edited by drew; 22nd April 2012 at 19:01.

Excuse me, don't go throwing unsubstantiated claims hidden behind a smiley. Nobody is trolling anything?!? You are suggesting us sorting out our midfield with world class midfielders would solve our problems!
    it won't solve all our problems, but it could solve most of it. under the circumstances, can we conceivably buy both a world class midfield and a great striker at the same time in one single transfer window? to me that's difficult to achieve due to everything from a tight budget to a lack of great strikers in the present transfer market, etc.. so between the choice of having a great midfield or a striker, i prefer the former because under the circumstances, it seems to me to best maximise our chances out of all the other options available. not the most ideal of course, but what else is there? i'm just repeating myself here.
    Last edited by zvonimir; 22nd April 2012 at 19:18.

Quote Originally Posted by zvonimir View Post
    it won't solve all our problems, but it could solve most of it. under the circumstances, can we conceivably buy both a world class midfield and a great striker at the same time in one single transfer window? to me that's difficult to achieve due to everything from a tight budget to a lack of great strikers in the present transfer market, etc.. so between the choice of a having a great midfield or a striker, i prefer the former because under the circumstances, it seems to me to best maximise our chances out of all the other options available. not the most ideal of course, but what else is there? i'm just repeating myself here.
    Much of it also comes down to coaches Mentality as well. With Montolivo, Aquilani, Seedorf, Boateg, Urby and say Ganso (Robinho swap) there is enough quality to create chances. The problem is Allegri will only ever play one of these players at a time seemingly.

Say we add 10m to the Ganso deal? We add Ganso and Montolivo to a poor midfield (creatively)

Them we pay 20m for a quality striker? Damiao, Balotelli, Higuain!?

Nobody posts because the problems we have now are the ones we've had for three years and its getting boring. Juve deserve it - good luck to them

Say we add 10m to the Ganso deal? We add Ganso and Montolivo to a poor midfield (creatively)

Them we pay 20m for a quality striker? Damiao, Balotelli, Higuain!?

i don't think ganso and montolivo will be enough to make a great midfield, let alone a world-class one. i have doubts about montolivo. ganso is likely good enough, but he is only one midfielder and we need more great midfielders if we are indeed truly serious about transforming the midfield into one with world-class stature.

like i said before, we need at least 2-3 great midfielders to make the midfield world-class again. most of the great midfielders in the present transfer market will cost within the region of 15-25 million. so at least 30-45 million in total to properly fix the midfield. would there then be enough money to buy a striker after that? i don't really know. besides, for the price of a balo or a higuain, we could get a hernanes or an eriksen. now, wouldn't you say a midfield with ganso, hernanes / eriksen, and montolivo looks a lot more promising and impressive than a midfield with just ganso + montolivo?

Blaming the referee is lame. It wasnt his fault we lost to Fiorentina or were 1-0 at half time against Bologna in a game we had to win.

Fact is we've been shit against all the big teams this season. That is why we aint gonna win anything