Page 4 of 19 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Thread: UCL: QF 1st Leg - Milan vs. Barca [Wed - Mar 28, 2012]

Quote Originally Posted by Ian View Post
    Players called up to face Barcelona:

GOALKEEPERS: Abbiati, Amelia.
    DEFENDERS: Mexes, Nesta, Bonera, Antonini, De Sciglio, Mesbah, Zambrotta, Yepes.
    MIDFIELDERS: Ambrosini, Aquilani, Seedorf, Nocerino, Emanuelson, Boateng.
    FORWARDS: Ibrahimovic, Robinho, Maxi Lopez, El Shaarawy.
    No Abate :-( that sucks
    "I'm gonna make him an offer he can't refuse" - Don Corleone

Quote Originally Posted by Gurre View Post
    If Milan fields Seedorf, well, then the tie is surely over... He doesn't have what it takes anymore. Simple as that - he's usless. When he got injured against Arsenal that was a blessing in disguise. After that, Milan's play started to look A LOT better.
    Seedorf was one of the best players...maybe the best during the Barca-Milan game in the groups. He might be slow but he can hold on the ball and pass!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=baT1PmF_uzQ
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zXRN_...eature=related

He still has the ability, but probably cannot last the 90 mins at the pace Barca will play. 20-30 mins of Seedorf will be enough to finish them off

No Abate is a real blow, our defence looks very very weak there!

I'd quite like to see Maxi Lopez start with Ibra. I think another physical presence could unsettle Barca.

---------------------------------------------------------Abbiati

Bonera----------------------------------Nesta-----------------------Mexes-----------------------------Antonini
    --------------------------------------------------------Ambrosini
    -------------------Nocerino----------------------------------------------------------Aquilani
    --------------------------------------------------------Boateng
    -----------------------------------Ibra--------------------------------------Maxi Lopez

Quote Originally Posted by drew View Post
    I'd quite like to see Maxi Lopez start with Ibra. I think another physical presence could unsettle Barca.

---------------------------------------------------------Abbiati

Bonera----------------------------------Nesta-----------------------Mexes-----------------------------Antonini
    --------------------------------------------------------Ambrosini
    -------------------Nocerino----------------------------------------------------------Aquilani
    --------------------------------------------------------Boateng
    -----------------------------------Ibra--------------------------------------Maxi Lopez
    And both have some extra motivation
    !

With Abate seemingly out it seems that Milan is going to attack from one flank just like Barcelona does. Barcelona uses Fanny Alves on the right to attack as Abidal doesn't attack as much as him so Milan will probably use the LB slot to attack and utilize the space left behind by Alves while the RB slot will be defensive meaning Bonera or Yepes or Zambrotta might take it. Not a bad move under the circumstances as we can't afford to attack from both flanks to be honest.

Emanuelson is seemingly out as well. I am wondering whether we will use Lopez or Robinho to start. We need pace in the team and a younger team will help achieve that IMO. Robinho did well against them as his wiggling around really made the Barca defense look a bit shaky - more than usual. So it would be nice to see that Robinho there against Barcelona.

There is a lot of mutual respect between the two sides. I think everybody in the Milan staff and management has openly admitted that Barcelona is the best side and there is no arguing that. At the same time there is also a strong belief in our abilities that we can make a game of it. The expected result is a Barcelona win for many. I think we can do better than last time when we lost 2-3 at home. I think we can improve on that result this time. Let's see what happens .....

M I L A N

Riferimento d'Europa

It seems europe has already allowed for a Chelsea Barca semi! I'm glad we are given no hope. I just hope the players read the news!

Boateng is MASSIVE for tonight, he is the new Seedorf, the man for the big night. When his name is on the team sheet I feel infinitely more confident. However having MVB, Abate and Silva all out is beginning to worry me. All three together is quite devastating. This is why we must attack, Mascherano isnt a CB, and the Barca fullbacks arent comfortable defending. We really need to get at them!

It's going to take a nearmiracle to beat them over two legs but let's 8elieve (Haroon )

Quote Originally Posted by drew View Post
    It seems europe has already allowed for a Chelsea Barca semi! I'm glad we are given no hope. I just hope the players read the news!
    Our team likes situations when they are underdogs, not favourites. Milan can spoil any party Do you remember 2007? Three EPL teams and Milan in SF. We were given no chance by world press (not only english media) but we did a miracle. Can you imagine eliminating this Barca side in UCL QF? They are considered unbeatable over the 2 legs! That would be something fantastic!!!
    I still think it is mission impossible but if any team is capable of that, it's Milan.

FORZA MILAN and LET'S 8ELIEVE
    "Nesta is not a discovery, of course, Nesta can't be described, Nesta can only be loved." (acmilan.com)