Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: UCL: QF 1st Leg - Milan vs. Barca [Wed - Mar 28, 2012]

It's not a coincidence that "The Dark Knight Rises" is being released this Summer. That's all I have to say. And on that note, Good Night. We will carry on with this discussion forward tomorrow.

M I L A N

Riferimento d'Europa

Fit Abate would definitely make the things look much better for us. If we play two of Antonini, Mesbah, Bonera and Zambrotta as full backs we will have either a zero impact thru the flanks or we will get ripped from the flanks. I've heard Allegri is considering playing Emanuelson as a left back which is defensively risky but considering the fact we would play Bonera/Zambrotta as a right back...we might sacrifice the right flank and at least have some offensive push from the left.

Hopefully Nesta can make it... then we should do okay in the middle of defense.

We might also play Nocerino as CM while Seedorf/Emanuelson could cover the LM with Aquilani as RM and Boateng behind the strikers.
    Is Muntari registered for CL? He would be another option to get rid of Ambrosini at CM... With all respect to him, I'd even rather see Dark Knight's lazy ass at that position.

Too bad Flamini haven't made the full recovery 2 weeks ago... this would be the right time to play him where he's the best.

It's up to Allegri now to fine the best possible solution but there are enough options. Then we also need Ibra to deliver... This is exactly the kinda game we should have fielded Pippo... well, if he wasn't injured...and if he was registered :-D
    "I'm gonna make him an offer he can't refuse" - Don Corleone

Robinho resumed full training today, Abate trains individualy....hopefully they will be ready for wednesday!

We can mend Van Bommel's place if smart enough.... but we need Abate and Nesta back there! I believe we can do it, and if these two guys are on the pitch...and no Ambrosini...I'll have more than faith!

Don,

My thinking is that we have to score goals in the UCL now to win this tie. The days of Baresi-Costacurta or Maldini-Nesta are gone where we can have faith that our defense can hold any offense in the world. Nesta is slow but his reading is really good. Mexes is really fast but he is a genuine clown who can have his brain freeze moment which can be a penalty or a red card at any time so I will be nervous for him. He is still our best choice ahead of Bonera and Yepes.

I think Abate will start. I don't mind it if Abate can't attack that much because as much as we believe that Barca hitting us on the counter is good for us, they also feel the same because I saw that in the San Siro Barca hit us very quickly on the counters as we were not organized during our attack on Barcelona.

So, we have to be careful ... very careful about this because Barca will hit us on the counters because that is the best moment to catch us off-guard and out of position. The left-back can be Antonini in the home leg but in Barcelona we will perhaps need to go with Zambrotta. That is a discussion for later.

Playing Ambro, Seedorf and Zambrotta will slow us down because we need Nesta there as well. We need a fast team in the first leg and for that reason I would prefer us to play a young side ... I like the suggestion of playing Noc in the middle.

------------------------------------------- Abbiati -----------------------------------------

Abate ------------------------- Mexes --------------- Nesta -------------------- Antonini

------------ Aquilani ------------------- Nocerino ---------------- Seedorf ---------------

-------------------------------------------- KPB --------------------------------------------

------------------------ Robinho -------------------------- ZI ------------------------------

We can use Emanuelson in place of Seedorf for more pace as well. Ambro as a sub later on seems fine. Then we have the option of Lopez as well.

-> Milan has to be sharp in front of goal. We should take kicks on target rather than uselessly blasting every chance over the crossbar.

-> We need to make the most of corners because Barcelona is not the strongest side in the air so make the most of these corners when we get them. I will miss Silva here the most.

-> We need to take shots from outside the box. Barcelona is probably going to start with Fanny ---- Masch ---- Pique ---- Puyol as their back four. They too don't have their starting back four because of Abidal's absence. I hope his transplant goes well today.

-> We need to avoid these stupid mistakes because Barca force you into these situations where you are forced to make mistakes unintentionally.

-> I don't think we can play a chess game with them or plan to play counters. Our problem is that we can't let Barca get comfortable in the San Siro. If they get comfortable then they will start to dominate and then we are chasing the game and the tie. We need to play them on an even keel so that they are never comfortable in our home.

M I L A N

Riferimento d'Europa

Quote Originally Posted by Haroon View Post
    Don,

My thinking is that we have to score goals in the UCL now to win this tie. The days of Baresi-Costacurta or Maldini-Nesta are gone where we can have faith that our defense can hold any offense in the world. Nesta is slow but his reading is really good. Mexes is really fast but he is a genuine clown who can have his brain freeze moment which can be a penalty or a red card at any time so I will be nervous for him. He is still our best choice ahead of Bonera and Yepes.

I think Abate will start. I don't mind it if Abate can't attack that much because as much as we believe that Barca hitting us on the counter is good for us, they also feel the same because I saw that in the San Siro Barca hit us very quickly on the counters as we were not organized during our attack on Barcelona.

So, we have to be careful ... very careful about this because Barca will hit us on the counters because that is the best moment to catch us off-guard and out of position. The left-back can be Antonini in the home leg but in Barcelona we will perhaps need to go with Zambrotta. That is a discussion for later.

Playing Ambro, Seedorf and Zambrotta will slow us down because we need Nesta there as well. We need a fast team in the first leg and for that reason I would prefer us to play a young side ... I like the suggestion of playing Noc in the middle.

------------------------------------------- Abbiati -----------------------------------------

Abate ------------------------- Mexes --------------- Nesta -------------------- Antonini

------------ Aquilani ------------------- Nocerino ---------------- Seedorf ---------------

-------------------------------------------- KPB --------------------------------------------

------------------------ Robinho -------------------------- ZI ------------------------------

We can use Emanuelson in place of Seedorf for more pace as well. Ambro as a sub later on seems fine. Then we have the option of Lopez as well.

-> Milan has to be sharp in front of goal. We should take kicks on target rather than uselessly blasting every chance over the crossbar.

-> We need to make the most of corners because Barcelona is not the strongest side in the air so make the most of these corners when we get them. I will miss Silva here the most.

-> We need to take shots from outside the box. Barcelona is probably going to start with Fanny ---- Masch ---- Pique ---- Puyol as their back four. They too don't have their starting back four because of Abidal's absence. I hope his transplant goes well today.

-> We need to avoid these stupid mistakes because Barca force you into these situations where you are forced to make mistakes unintentionally.

-> I don't think we can play a chess game with them or plan to play counters. Our problem is that we can't let Barca get comfortable in the San Siro. If they get comfortable then they will start to dominate and then we are chasing the game and the tie. We need to play them on an even keel so that they are never comfortable in our home.
    This line-up makes perfect sense! That's what I would field! Maybe Emanuelson for Seedorf... but the truth is that the Dark Knight usually pulls out some magic in games like this!

If Milan fields Seedorf, well, then the tie is surely over... He doesn't have what it takes anymore. Simple as that - he's usless. When he got injured against Arsenal that was a blessing in disguise. After that, Milan's play started to look A LOT better.

he should be an impact sub, nothing more

Players called up to face Barcelona:

GOALKEEPERS: Abbiati, Amelia.
    DEFENDERS: Mexes, Nesta, Bonera, Antonini, De Sciglio, Mesbah, Zambrotta, Yepes.
    MIDFIELDERS: Ambrosini, Aquilani, Seedorf, Nocerino, Emanuelson, Boateng.
    FORWARDS: Ibrahimovic, Robinho, Maxi Lopez, El Shaarawy.
    FORZA MILAN

"AC Milan will always have what it takes to win on the field of play. But even if we can't win, never say Inter."