Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: UCL: QF 1st Leg - Milan vs. Barca [Wed - Mar 28, 2012]

Something dramatic is going to happen in the Camp Nou ..... the tie will be decided there. That stadium in UCL KO games and especially against Milan is LINKED to HIGH DRAMA late on. Mark this statement.

M I L A N

Riferimento d'Europa

When was the last time Messi got injured by pulling a hamstring etc.? Just asking ....

M I L A N

Riferimento d'Europa

Quote Originally Posted by Haroon View Post
    Come on .....!

What were the odds with Silva? 10%? 25%? 30%? Silva alone can not win or lose the tie. We all know that. We need a TEAM PERFORMANCE. We need SACRIFICE from the players. We need the TEAM to play the games of their lives. I am a strong advocate of the following theory:

1. As the UCL reaches the latter stages of the competition, skill and talent start to SLOWLY take a back seat and it starts boiling down to MENTAL STRENGTH because at the end of the day ONE MISTAKE will take you out of the UCL no matter how good you are or play the game. It is that ONE MISTAKE that will decide the tie. There are so many examples of this in the UCL. And therefore, it comes down to MENTAL STRENGTH which is directly related to FOCUS, CONCENTRATION, BELIEF, MENTAL FORTITUDE and all other similar attributes which are emanating from MENTAL STRENGTH.

We can't start waving the white handkerchief even before kick-off. Do we want to be like Real? Be fair. I am not saying that we are favorites but we are no 5% mugs on the cusp of being humiliated. Anything can happen in football. I hope and pray that Milan pleasantly surprises us all because this team has a history of doing well when nobody gives us a chance. We do the opposite when we are expected to walk it. Make no mistake. I AM a nervous wreck right now and will experience sleepless nights. It happens to me yearly till Milan is in the UCL.

Who thought that we would beat Arsenal 4-0 at home? Did ANYBODY see it coming? I don't think that the tie against Barca will be easy at all. On the other side it won't be easy for them as well. Both teams got a very rough draw but this is the UCL and you are bound to face the best at some time. I would have preferred to get Bayern in the QF, Barca in the SF and Real in the Final given the choice but it is different now.

Mexes the clown has a lot running on his shoulders. He has to prove me WRONG over both legs. This is his best chance to do it. Nesta will start. KPB, Rob and ZI will start. Noc and Seedorf will start. Abate and Antonini will start.

Our chances are better than 5% surely. It's not that bad. I refuse to accept that.
    Problem isn't down to Silva only but he's a key player - the most important one. When the one keeping the current defending together is gone, what is actually left of it?

The problem boils down to having Abate (who won't play?) and Silva missing in the back four, plus MvB not playing in midfield. You know what this means? We have Bonera and/or Zambrotta defending against Barcelona's quick play... And Ambrosini being the midfield shield. Those kind of players are about to get humiliated. They certainly don't have the physique to deal with this high tempo play anymore.

Then we have midfield. Aquiliani, Robinho, Boateng are recently back from injuries and aren't in full shape. Nocerino has been really good overall, but has started to look a bit unsharp the last couple of games. Perhaps he needs to rest.

Then we have attack - Robinho is recently back from injury, whereas Ibrahimovic has started to look a bit tired.

I think this is a REALLY bad time to face Barcelona.

Milan's Allegri undaunted by Barcelona rematch - UEFA.com

http://www.uefa.com/uefachampionslea...barca+optimism

Milan hope old record keeps playing against Barcelona - UEFA.com

The second article has lots of numbers, patterns and data. I am leading to 8ELIEVE that we have a chance here if we play well.

WE 8ELIEVE - FORZA MILAN.

M I L A N

Riferimento d'Europa

Milan's Allegri undaunted by Barcelona rematch - UEFA.com

Milan hope old record keeps playing against Barcelona - UEFA.com

The second article has lots of numbers, patterns and data. I am leading to 8ELIEVE that we have a chance here if we play well.

WE 8ELIEVE - FORZA MILAN.

M I L A N

Riferimento d'Europa

Quote Originally Posted by Gurre View Post
    Problem isn't down to Silva only but he's a key player - the most important one. When the one keeping the current defending together is gone, what is actually left of it?

The problem boils down to having Abate (who won't play?) and Silva missing in the back four, plus MvB not playing in midfield. You know what this means? We have Bonera and/or Zambrotta defending against Barcelona's quick play... And Ambrosini being the midfield shield. Those kind of players are about to get humiliated. They certainly don't have the physique to deal with this high tempo play anymore.

Then we have midfield. Aquiliani, Robinho, Boateng are recently back from injuries and aren't in full shape. Nocerino has been really good overall, but has started to look a bit unsharp the last couple of games. Perhaps he needs to rest.

Then we have attack - Robinho is recently back from injury, whereas Ibrahimovic has started to look a bit tired.

I think this is a REALLY bad time to face Barcelona.

I think we will field this ...

------------------------------------------ Abbiati --------------------------------------------

Abate --------------------- Mexes ------------------- Nesta ---------------------- Antonini

------------ Aquilani ------------------ Ambrosini ------------------ Nocerino -------------

------------------------------------------- KPB -----------------------------------------------

------------------------ Robinho ------------------------- ZI ---------------------------------

M I L A N

Riferimento d'Europa

Quote Originally Posted by Haroon View Post
    More posts please Captain Obvious .... a little positive energy would be welcome as well!
    Told you before dude, you are what you eat, I'm pussy galore, you are a Nutsack

Look seriously, for the best teams in the world (Bayern and Madrid) it's a big big task to beat Barca over two legs, one leg is different or a final, but in the KO of the Ucl!!?? Massive task only mourinho managed it with ultra negative tactics. IMO our hopes are better than Gurre says but all the players I mentioned need to be on their A game and that's unlikely. Especially over two legs
    Last edited by drew; 26th March 2012 at 21:22.

The positive is that key players are fresh Prince and Aquilani.

Abate and Van Bommel are IMO a bigger loss than Silva because Nesta and Mexes are potentially a world class CB pairing. Without Abate we lose a lot of width and pace! Bonera will foremost defend and that's not what we need at San Siro, and yes he will get destroyed on pace.

If I'm being honest we can draw 2-2 at home if we play well and then we all hope for the magical away performance and get stuffed

All our notes need to be in tune for us to go through, Barca could probably get away with 75% of theirs