Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Coppa Italia: Juventus - Milan

Another big match another fail........just saying

Quote Originally Posted by drew View Post
    Another big match another fail........just saying
    well, we did fail at home in the first place... don't know if we can consider this a big match... though we have fielded relatively strong line-up I guess none of the players really consider coppa important...at least we have rested Ibra and Nocerino a bit...

In the end we have beaten Juve at their turf in 90 minutes...and their first defeat of the season. That is not a bad result... Ive expected a draw at best...

Great goal by Lopez! I just got a feeling Abbiati wouldn't let any of the goals in... After all the offside goal from the first leg made the difference so Cunte might finally shut up...

Boateng, Van Bommel, Nesta and Robinho will all be back for Roma clash which is a big boost... Abate, Pato, Flamini should be ready in a week...
    "I'm gonna make him an offer he can't refuse" - Don Corleone

It's sad that we came pretty close but then lost out in extra-time. The damage was done in the first leg because it is very hard to recover in the second leg away from home if you lose the first leg in your own backyard. In any case, we have two trophies to focus on now and one of them is climbing K-2 aka Savage Mountain.

M I L A N

Riferimento d'Europa

It's amazing how diluted peoples passion has become these days!

"oh, what a shame, we nearly won!"

I still live by the standards of the Milan I grew up watching, and to lose to Juventus, even on aggregate, is unacceptable.

I wonder how long before Allegri and co start justifying their failure by proclaiming the first victory over Juve by anyone this season!

Pathetic!

Despite the recent success, I think our team seriously lacks quality. We should have been able to beat Juve comfortably.

I mean if we cant overrun a team playing Pirlo and Del Piero, what hope is there?

Not even talking about the Barca game - I expect us to lose by as many as Barca feel like scoring.

Quote Originally Posted by dario View Post
    i expect us to lose by as many as barca feel like scoring.

Messi: "hmmmm, today I will score 5!"

Quote Originally Posted by drew View Post
    It's amazing how diluted peoples passion has become these days!

"oh, what a shame, we nearly won!"

I still live by the standards of the Milan I grew up watching, and to lose to Juventus, even on aggregate, is unacceptable.

I wonder how long before Allegri and co start justifying their failure by proclaiming the first victory over Juve by anyone this season!

Pathetic!
    well, I understand that point of view...but those times have ended in 1995... that's almost 20 years ago and it's time to move on an face the reality... After all I don't think beating Juve was ever an obvious thing... I'm saying it's a shame cause I didn't expect us to try any hard after we lost the home game...and sincerely I don't give two shits about the coppa...but final would be nice of course...

I know this team is neither the 1989 or 1994 Milan but I feel there is at least some sort of stability that we have lacked for years... although we have won CL on two occasions, we always had to sacrifice Serie A...and I think winning CL and ending 3rd or 4th or 5th...15 points behind the winner of the domestic league is not a good thing either. We are leading Serie A and are not doing bad in CL either...so I think we could evaluate after the season. Barcelona is obviously second to none so this would be a challenge for any team in the world and if we won't go thru but will play good games and walk away with heads held high... I will say this team is on the right track!

We have shown we can play good games against Barca...and if we got Boateng, Nesta and Robinho back...we could do a good job. I'm only afraid of our LB and RB...that's where will be very vulnerable. But if we got Aquilani, NEsta, Boateng and Robinho on the pitch...we can get a good result!
    "I'm gonna make him an offer he can't refuse" - Don Corleone