Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Calciopoli, italian football scandal

I think they should write off all those scudettos - Italy was basically a cat's cradle of coruption. They were all at it

no dario

it's said that they wanted to give us a little more punishment,
    then all teams got less than expected

nobody beat juve

Firstly, thankyou Diabolik for your insightful post, it's good to hear the Italian perspective on things(not forgetting you Mau).

Secondly, From what I can recall(and Diabolik's post alludes to) is that we were implicated because Meani simply asked for a fair linesman because we had a goal ruled out incorrectly in a previous game. Personally I don't think there is too much wrong in what was said but I suppose it could be misunderstood, but were there anymore phonecalls? Because the prosecutor has said that Milan's conduct(through Meani) was more serious than first thought. I can't find anything other than what has been alleged though?????

As for the filthy 'cugini' they have showed themselves to be the biggest hypocrites in world football - you have moratti claiming “Lo scudetto dell’onesta” while Facchetti, speaking to Paolo Bergamo(referee designator), was heard to say "Please come to visit me, as I have a present for you from Moratti" And apparently Bergamo was heard to say in another call to Facchetti "The referee I am going to send you is Bertini, who's set to make a good match". There were many more conversations like this as well. To me this is just as bad as what Juve did and should be punished accordingly.
    FORZA MILAN

"AC Milan will always have what it takes to win on the field of play. But even if we can't win, never say Inter."

Well, I wouldn't be that naive Ian... I mean it's natural for Milan fans to act like...this Meani guy was just an enterprising butthole who tried too hard...but we all know who is our president and that he does not fuck around when it comes to any kind of "business". I have never had a doubt that we were involved in a way or another even if it takes only to "please" the referees to be at least fair... Accepting the game does not make us any better than starting it... and as the pimps say "it's all about knowing the game how to treat them bitches"... and we all know that Berlusconi knows this game very well... The plastic-bag money for Van Basten, Gullit, Rijkaard, Maldini etc. is pretty much a public secret though it has never been proven in court and the evidence are very few and lame.

Still, this gives me a lot of satisfaction since I hated the way Inter was posing as the righteous ones among wicked and rotten...and while Milan, Lazio and Fiorentina stayed silent accepting some punishment they were going around with this honour and fairplay crap...beating their chest while having a piece of crap instead of heart in it.

It would be interesting to see what were the wrongdoings that violated the Act 6 but on the other hand I have got along with the fact that we were involved a long time ago...

And as you see from the report now pretty much eveyone from Serie A was in it...(and I'm sure Roma didn't stay away)...I'm just glad it's not "everyone except for Inter" but simpy "everyone"...

These dark ages are hopefully behind us and there are no winners or losers...just Inter's getting what they deserve for being fucking hypocrites on top of all of that...

Quote Originally Posted by Ian View Post
    Firstly, thankyou Diabolik for your insightful post, it's good to hear the Italian perspective on things(not forgetting you Mau).

Secondly, From what I can recall(and Diabolik's post alludes to) is that we were implicated because Meani simply asked for a fair linesman because we had a goal ruled out incorrectly in a previous game. Personally I don't think there is too much wrong in what was said but I suppose it could be misunderstood, but were there anymore phonecalls? Because the prosecutor has said that Milan's conduct(through Meani) was more serious than first thought. I can't find anything other than what has been alleged though?????

As for the filthy 'cugini' they have showed themselves to be the biggest hypocrites in world football - you have moratti claiming “Lo scudetto dell’onesta” while Facchetti, speaking to Paolo Bergamo(referee designator), was heard to say "Please come to visit me, as I have a present for you from Moratti" And apparently Bergamo was heard to say in another call to Facchetti "The referee I am going to send you is Bertini, who's set to make a good match". There were many more conversations like this as well. To me this is just as bad as what Juve did and should be punished accordingly.
    "I'm gonna make him an offer he can't refuse" - Don Corleone