Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Calciopoli, italian football scandal

FAIL

FORZA MILAN

"AC Milan will always have what it takes to win on the field of play. But even if we can't win, never say Inter."

FORZA MILAN

"AC Milan will always have what it takes to win on the field of play. But even if we can't win, never say Inter."

Bits&Pieces

As most of you can imagine, the latest developments regarding F.C Onestoni aka Inter, has monopolized every major discussion, article, news report in and around Italy but for the odd mercato rumour.

I’ll share my opinion starting from the bottom: most opinion makers now believe that Inter will indeed skip the strip thanks to the statute of limitations. Obviously they may well be wrong, since a few days ago most of them suggested the exact opposite.
    Time will tell.

Anyway, skipping the legal technicalities aspect, coming more to the point, what exactly are we talking about?

We are talking about what happened during summer 2006.
    First of all let’s recall the final standing of the first 5 spots prior to the sentence.
    Juve 91
    Milan 88
    Inter 76
    Fiorentina 74
    Roma 69

What happened then?
    Calciopoli breaks out (at the very beginning only Juve is involved), the President of FIGC (Italian Football Federation) resigns, the recently elected Government through the new Minister of Sports (Melandri) appoints Guido Rossi as President of FIGC.

Who is Guido Rossi?
    Guido Rossi is a close friend of Massimo Moratti, former Board Member of Inter, former center/left senator and among others, former President of Telecom Italia.
    The rest we know.

Juve is relegated; Milan, Fiorentina, Lazio, Reggina and Arezzo are penalized.
    Neglecting the suggestion of not awarding the Scudetto granted by a pool of 3 advisors (Gerhard Aigner, Massimo Coccia and Roberto Pardolesi) , Guido Rossi unilaterally decides to crown Inter Seria A Champion.

Massimo Moratti labels that title as “Lo scudetto dell’onesta” (the Scudetto of Honesty) and so on. In a famous interview he goes as far as suggesting: “We are different”.

May I now allow myself to add a few opinions.
    Mainstream aswell as most media opinion by vast majority still firmly believe that the only real wrong doers were Juve, or better: Moggi and Giraudo. All the other clubs were victims and at most acted in excess of self defence.

As a reminder, Milan were penalized thanks to a tapped conversation were Meani was basically complaining for a wrongfully disallowed goal scored by Sheva in Siena. The following game Milan suffered another wrongfully disallowed goal scored by Crespo against Chievo. For the record, we were the only club contending the title to Juve.

In other words, Milan was nailed for the sole fact that Meani had a phone conversations.
    Similarly Facchetti IMHO, even though Facchetti’s role within Inter was absolutely more influential than Meani’s at Milan since he was the President, had regular phone conversation with officials.
    So, bottom line, is Inter guilty?
    As Milan, Fiorentina, Lazio, Reggina and Arezzo, technically yes, rationally no.
    What they are really guilty of is as we say over here in Italy, pissing out of the vase, in other words, wearing white tuxedos, self professing their immaculacy, wearing badges with written “I’m Interista” as if they are to be looked upon as pius.
    That Scudetto is the Scudetto of hypocrisy.
    Coming to Juve, are they guilty?
    As pointed out earlier, mainstream opinion suggests they are. Mostly for the fact that they distributed 25 Swiss Sim Cards to officials, but also cause people have eyes. Above all, Moggi had already nicked us a Scudetto back in 1990 when at Napoli. BTW, years later the former President of Napoli (Ferlaino) candidly admitted so in an interview that is easily googable.

So, in the end, what to add but a one liner printed on a daily yesterday.
    Inter, Your Scudetto has already been revoked by History.

Could have added much more but I'm tired
    I’ll end with the only 3 questions that really count

1) Why did Inter’s tapped conversations emerge only 12 months ago?

2) If Inter’s tapped conversations were included in the 2006 trial, would they have been penalized? And if so, , since Facchetti was their President, more than Milan?

3) If Inter was penalized, would they have collected any silverware?

Still of Guido Rossi

P.S. It's common belief that all clubs of seria A held phone conversations similar to those of Milan, Inter, Lazio, Fiorentina and Reggina. Juve (in particular Moggi) was a world apart.
    Last edited by Diabolik; 7th July 2011 at 00:36.

- SANDULLI (judge of calciopoli) says today that the federation has the rights and laws to take away the scudetto
    for the law 241 '90

- Inter prepares herself to appeal to the TAR

- GUIDO ROSSI back to calciopoli said that who would appeal to TAR would be excluded from the European Cups (i want to see if this is valid also now with Inter)

calciopoli, act ii - inter fc

imho Juve fairly deserved SERIE C OR D because their dirty job reached corruption of policemen and such people + GEA and abuse of medicines(???) LOL

they had to start from 0

Serie B (1 year) it's a gift.

But what about Milan? From the stuff above, it appears we were more guilty than Juve! Is this true?

Quote Originally Posted by Dario View Post
    But what about Milan? From the stuff above, it appears we were more guilty than Juve! Is this true?
    Obviously we were more involved. It would be really hysterical if Roma were involved as well!

M I L A N

Riferimento d'Europa