10 100.00%
  • Strikers

0 0%
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Areas of Improvement

Default Areas of Improvement

Which Areas need improvement for 2011-12

Goalkeeper

Abbiati is now getting on, and has never been that solid keeper that we need, and Amelia doesn't seem much better. With talk of Sirigu leaving Palermo, as well as the usual suspects Marchetti, Akinfeev, Lloris, Steklenburg all desperate for big moves, should Milan strengthen a position that has been flaky since Seba Rossi

Defence

Nesta is nearing the end of his career, and we desperately need one or two modern day fullbacks who can defend and get forwards tirelessly. This is a position Milan have been linked to for two seasons now. Cissokho, Coentrao, Bastos, Criscito, VD Wiel, De Silvestri, Bale to name a few.

Astori, Otamendi, Mexes, are centrebacks linked to Milan.

Midfield

Midfield has been Milan's Achilles heal for 7 seasons, with Pirlo, Gattuso, Ambrosini, Seedorf all getting too old to influence games like they used to. Van Bommel is defensive as is Flamini. Merkel, Strasser are tremendous talents, and Boateng has made things easier, but its clear, we are a less formidable side without Boateng.

We desperately need some creative zest, Hernanes, Ganso, Poli, Robben, Pastore, could all double Milan's potency.

Strikers

On paper, Milan have a truly great strikeforce, but recent events have only strengthened doubts around Ibra, Pato and Binho's performances in the UCL. The three of them couldn't notch a goal against 180 minutes against Spurs, and we were the lowest scoring side in the UCL. Midfield is so important in the UCL, so we cant just blame the strikers, as our creative output from midfield is very weak!

Who can we sign to improve this, there are seemingly very few top strikers around, and even less who are buyable. Benzema, Balotelli, Dzeko, Sanchez. We also have young guns in Beretta and Verdi.

If we were to sign a keeper, then go for Neuer, he's running out of contract in 2012.

My main concerns are LB, CM, AM and a young CB (and if we sell Robinho/Zlatan: a pacey striker)
    Again:

Cissokho/Coentrao
    Astori/Hummels/Subotic..
    Sahin/Poli/Jucilei..
    Ganso
    Sanchez/Jovetic

I will post here in more detail a little later but Mental Strength needs to be mentioned here. Ancelotti's Milan was very strong mentally. This Milan is not. Ancelotti's Milan could turn around a deficit like the one Inter had last night but this Milan can not. Our shoulders drop far too quickly and easily. This mental block is also the reason why our strikers turn to bottling on pressure nights.

M I L A N

Riferimento d'Europa

which is ultimately player related.

I have been looking into this Sahin who Yasser is talking about, he has good write ups! Someone like him would be superb for the midfield!

Mental strength cant be improved with clowns like Zlatan, Robinho and to an extent Gattuso. And for sure Baloteeli will only make it worse.

We need serious professionals.

Quote Originally Posted by Yasser View Post
    Mental strength cant be improved with clowns like Zlatan, Robinho and to an extent Gattuso. And for sure Baloteeli will only make it worse.

We need serious professionals.
    I agree. You should mention Pato in the list even though you don't want to right now. He is an A-Grade bottler in the making. After all he idolizes Ronaldinho so nothing good is going to come out of it eventually. Oh, and how could I forget Mexshit! That clown is another problem if we get him! Utterly poor decision if we get him IMO.

Even JDT used to deliver for us from the bench! Nowadays ... our starting attackers are chokers let alone bench players. Crespo did more for us in one season and more for Inter in one season than ZI, Pato and Robinho combined have done for us in this year's UCL. Our situation is that bad!

Say for example .... we do win the Scudetto this season. What is on the agenda then? I am sure it is the UCL as that has been voiced many times as the target from next season as this Winter window we focused heavily and exclusively on CUP-TIED players to strengthen our Serie A squad rather than our UCL squad.

What happens next season then? Can we rely on ZI, Pato and Robinho to make us group stage winners? Can we rely on them to make us one of the favourites by the time the KO round starts? We were so poor in scoring this season that it is not good reading at all. Take out the Auxerre games and our scoring rate is disastrous. Keeping clean sheets in the UCL is important but you need to be able to score goals as well.

We only got one HOME WIN. We only got ONE AWAY win. And this is in 8 games. It was the poorest record of all the qualifying teams.

It will really take something drastic to go from here to UCL contention next year. Previously, I had hopes because I honestly thought that ZI, Robinho and Pato would be able to deliver for us as the games passed but they have clarified that notion once and for all. Now, the situation is such that rather than needing 2-3 very good players to make us complete we have a NEW DILEMMA in the strike force department to fix something which is going to hurt us again next year.

I don't have high hopes for the UCL for next season as well because these guys will stay and choke. Milan will pass the group stage perhaps and do well in defending the Scudetto. The year after that when Milan has had enough of ZI and Pato will be the time when we ring in the changes so we can sit and relax till then. Not even Ganso can fix this problem. Who is he going to pass to when there are a bunch of mannequins on show in our attack force?

Anyways ..... I don't have high hopes in the UCL for next season as well. I just can't see us fixing this problem so quickly so we will have to wait for a while.

M I L A N

Riferimento d'Europa

Double post.
    Last edited by Haroon; 16th March 2011 at 14:04.

M I L A N

Riferimento d'Europa