• Defence

0 0%
  • Midfield

10 100.00%
  • Strikers

0 0%
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Areas of Improvement

Ultimately, we need 6 players and that is not an exaggeration if we are to be UCL contenders!

LB
    CB
    CM
    CM
    AM
    ST

First off all, i wanna say hi to all members...i just registered and want to make my first post. You could know me from Milanmania...i just discovered here and want to join...

Left full back: Kolarov. A player who can make a Maicon esque effect on left flank, he is good dribbler, passer, crosser and good shooter, uses balls and freekicks well. he has last touch unlike Abate...

For midfield, BTB player who can fill Seedorf's boots. we have seen that 3 DM doesnt work this season. for left side of midfield trio, we need a Seedorf for a balanced midfield as Flamini doesnt add much... Merkel on the other hand has all tools to become a perfect midfield for that role and however he is very inexperienced and not ready for that role. Boateng is not that dymanic to play there.
    For deep playmaker, Poli can be a good alternative but his signing depents on his fee and players's contract renewals such as Ambro,
    Seedorf and Pirlo...

Then, Ganso thing...i didnt watch him enough. many milan posters says that he is like a zidane, defensively he is not good. He doesnt track back well or he is not a finisher, he is just great on assisting. i'd rather to have Pastore who is closer to Kaka, he is a match winner. They cant say same about Ganso. this is why i have many doubts on him. considering we need finishers than assisters. or both.
    Robinho's Boateng finishing is bad, Our midfield doesnt score much so i thought that its better to have a finisher/assister than have an assister. Cassano also is an assister...This just make Milan more ibra dependent...

We also need a player who can be vice ibra, can score around 10-12 goals a season coming from the bench... A job J.Cruz and Crespo did with ibra...

i watched football since i was a kid. i have never seen a team who won CL without strong defence and strong team defence and a midfield who can control the game... We need BTB midfielders to control the games.

ibra always failed to make a impact on CL. ibra is the most useful player in Serie A but ibra in CL is totally different... Pato needs to step up... Robinho needs to step up on finishing. Milan need midfielders who can control midfield, both offensively and defensively great...

Welcome friend, and i think we are going to get on just fine

No Kolarov though

Personally i feel we need around 6-7 players (unlikely i know) but we need a

keeper-Sirigu
    LB - Cissokho or Criscito (Coentrao way too expensive)
    CB - Nesta is getting old, Alex would be excellent
    CM - Poli or Montolivo or Sahin would be lovely
    CM - From within, so develop Merkel, Strasser etc
    AM - Ganso, Pastore, Sanchez, Marcelinho or Lamela, the latter needs development (also we should push Verdi)
    ST - Let Ibra go, and sign Cavani or Neymar! Cavani is a proven scorer, and has presence.

Primarily we need a CM, LB, AM and back up CB

Never liked Milan Mania to be honest...lol

Quote Originally Posted by drew View Post
    Welcome friend, and i think we are going to get on just fine

No Kolarov though

Personally i feel we need around 6-7 players (unlikely i know) but we need a

keeper-Sirigu
    LB - Cissokho or Criscito (Coentrao way too expensive)
    CB - Nesta is getting old, Alex would be excellent
    CM - Poli or Montolivo or Sahin would be lovely
    CM - From within, so develop Merkel, Strasser etc
    AM - Ganso, Pastore, Sanchez, Marcelinho or Lamela, the latter needs development (also we should push Verdi)
    ST - Let Ibra go, and sign Cavani or Neymar! Cavani is a proven scorer, and has presence.

Primarily we need a CM, LB, AM and back up CB
    We're not getting Cavani.

Delarentis just said he wouldn't sell Cavani for 100 million dollars.

Quote Originally Posted by SanSiro23 View Post
    We're not getting Cavani.

Delarentis just said he wouldn't sell Cavani for 100 million dollars.
    Well, that's just another way to pimp the player IMO.

M I L A N

Riferimento d'Europa

Taking it step by step and what can actually happen IMO is listed below:

Goalkeeper

I think Abbiati is safe to start for another year although we might get a second/third choice goalkeeper so we can make do with him for another year without spending in this area. When Abbiati is not fit we have problems because Amelia who is on loan has not impressed that much.

Defence

In this area it is quite evident that left-back is a spot where Milan is weak. The coach doesn't have confidence in this position as well as he has played Antonini, Zambrotta and even Janks in recent weeks. Let's not forget that we have Emanuelson who can play as a LB if require but the coach is not comfortable with that idea so this is one position which needs a genuine "starter".

Fabio Coentrao or Aly Cissokho are the ones who come to mind. Chelsea snapped David Luiz who was on our radar. Maybe we can snap up Coentrao but that won't happen now since Pato is dating Barbara which means he can't be sold. Shrewd and smart move by Pato which indicates that he does have a brain but doesn't use it properly on the field. He is still a choker who will always flop against compact teams so he should be sold but I don't think Milan will do that because we make mistakes first and after suffering we re-think our decisions. Coentrao at EUR 20m might be a bridge too far for us. Maybe he will go to Barcelona as Abidal's long term replacement?

For the CB position I think we need to chase Alex. Tap him up like Chelsea used to do to many players. That's the way you roll against the London Chavs. Chelsea is jam-packed with CBs so we have a chance with Alex as David Luiz and John Cherry are firmly the preferred starting CB pairing.

Midfield

We need genuine quality in this department. Flamini might be up for sale as Milan is desperate to keep hold of Captain Flintstone. We don't have any other players who might be sold so Flamini is a top candidate for the chopping block as he and Pirlo are the only ones who come to mind who can get us some cash in return from the players we are planning to sell.

Van Bommel, Boateng, Flintstone and Ambro will form the quartet for the DM with two/three of them starting. It is in the attacking part of midfield where we are suffering as we have not been able to replace or find good subs for Kaka, Seedorf and Pirlo. Ronaldinho flopped badly during his time and we don't have the players who can cause a black-out like Seedorf. We don't have a midfielder who has the vision of Pirlo. All three of these players were excellent at holding the ball as well which is why we were so successful in the UCL for almost a whole decade. Right now we don't have three midfielders who can fill the boots of Kaka, Seedorf and Pirlo in their prime.

That is where names like Ganso (replacement for Kaka) & Poli/Montolivo are being mentioned. Robben's name popped up but he is too injury prone IMO. IF we can successfully fill the void left by Kaka, Seedorf and Pirlo then I think we can become a genuine contender to reach the top 4 in the UCL with authority. Right now, we are linked with Kaka and Robben in this department and IMO this will not help us because Kaka is on the decline while Robben is out injured for 50% of the season.

If we consider that Boateng can maybe fill the boots of Seedorf and Ganso can fill the gap left by Kaka then maybe someone like Poli/Montolivo can be a Pirlo replacement. Obviously, we are not talking about 100% mapping of roles because every coach and side has its own signature style so it is futile trying to replicate Ancelotti's side. This is Allegri's side with its own signature.

Attack

We have ZI, Robinho, Cassano and Pato here. Inzaghi will be back soon. I can't see anybody leaving except Inzaghi. Therefore we are too cramped for space to buy a new striker unless some of them leave. Let's pray in the UCL because these players are not going to score there so we need contribution from the midfield surely.

------------------------------- Abbiati --------------------------------------

- Abate ------------- Alex --------------- Silva ----------------- Coentrao

---------- Boateng/Flintstone ------ Van Bommel/Ambro ----------------
    --------------------------- Poli/Monto---------------------------------------

---------------- Ganso ----------------- Robinho --------------------------
    ----------------------------- ZI/Pato ---------------------------------------

IN:

-> Ganso: EUR 25m
    -> Coentrao: EUR 18m
    -> Alex: EUR 20m
    -> Poli: EUR 16m

Out

-> Flamini: EUR 15m
    -> Pirlo: EUR 10m or EUR 0m

We still need roughly EUR 60m to build a new side unless we sell Pato IMO. If we sell Pato, ZI or Robinho then we have lots of wiggle room to spend without going red otherwise we won't be able to build a quality side next year.

Getting the likes of Kaka, Mexshit is way cheaper and way more problematic for us. I would rather NOT BUY than BUY PROBLEMS for us.

The key thing is that WE NEED TO SELL and WE NEED TO LET GO of our oldies. When vibes like We want to keep Gattuso emanate from Via Turati, it is not promising.

M I L A N

Riferimento d'Europa

If we can strengthen our defence and midfield PROPERLY without even touching the strike force or even selling an attacker from the existing lot, I can assure you that we will perform much better in the UCL. In the UCL the thing that counts is the defence and midfield. If those departments are strong you can do well.

Just take the example of Bayern. They have a weak attack with only Muller standing out and they have a weak defence with Lahm standing out but their midfield is ace [Schweinsteiger, Ribery, Robben, Kroos etc.] which is why they reached the final last May and could have reached the SF this year had their midfielders been fully fit.

The order of the day is tighten the defence up and fix the midfield.

M I L A N

Riferimento d'Europa