Default UCL: RD-16 2nd Leg - Cockslurs vs. Milan

UEFA CHAMPIONS LEAGUE
    Round of 16 - 2nd Leg

Tottenham Cockslurs vs. AC Milan
    Three Point Lane, London [near COCKfosters]

March 09, 2011 - Wednesday/Doomsday for Slurs

First Leg: 0-1 win for Cockslurs

Preview

Tough game. Very tough game indeed. It will need a lot of focus, determination and mental strength to overcome this. Cockslurs will therefore need all of the above to get through this tie as they have the advantage of winning the first leg but everyday is not ****ing Sunday! Once bitten twice shy. They are not Manchester Utd. to repeat the performance. There will be enormous pressure on them to pull through this one. Milan knows that they have to play very well and play like men rather than like a bunch of clueless wimps to let the opposition feel comfortable. Milan will do really well to score 3 goals as that would be a safe margin to qualify. Anything less will mean playing with fire.

Allegri needs to man up and play like a true Milan coach. It's nice to keep racking up the points in the Serie A (which is a very poor league) but Milan needs to turn a page and bring real quality in Europe which is only possible with quality players rather than bricklayers. This will be an important challenge for Milan because the other two Serie A sides have tougher return legs in Munich and Donetsk where they try to overcome bigger teams.

Milan has a fairly tough but not tough enough game as we play a UCL virgin. They will feel the nerves. No doubt about it.

We just have to keep it simple and play proper football. It is impossible for Cockslurs to go 180 mins without conceding a goal or two. If Milan can't score over two legs against them then the problem is seriously at our end rather than their strength.

Prediction: I will fill this section on matchday once I get a vibe of what is on our team's mind and what pissflap is spouting.

M I L A N

Riferimento d'Europa

Zlatan about the Spurs gam:

– It's going to be a difficult game, but we are Milan and this is Champions League and we will do everything to win.

I like the sound of that

Brick....welcome back bro!

We won't win, what you need to realise Haroon is that there is an enormous arrogance within the EPL and all it's teams, they don't fear Milan IMO

I expect toblose quite badly, 2-0 hopefully no more, and it's because Allegri will do what he always does, 3DMs with KPB behind Ibra and Binho!

I bet your ass he drops Pato! He's a clown!

I'd love to stick two fingers up at Spurs but icant see it!

Thanks mate

Nah I'm sure Pato will play, the only thing stopping him to play last night was the flu. The thing that worries me is the midfield though. It seems that the only available players will be Seedorf, Strasser, Merkel and Flamini with Abate and Jankulovski being able to play there as well. I'm really scared that Seedorf will play as the DM, something that hasn't worked the last 12 times Allegri has tried that.

Anyway Wolves got a 3-3 against Spurs just now. How hard could it be?

Pato will play but Boeteng is probably out

Comunicato Ufficiale AC Milan - Confermata la distorsione per Boateng

Have no idea what that means in terms of recovery chances for Wednesday.

If boateng is fit Allegri will play him behind zlatan and binho IMO, and if prince is out, he will play seedorf behind ZI and binho.

I also think Allegri is unaware that Abate started as a midfielder, he could play Oddo at RB with abate at RM to double up on Bale if he plays.

Anyway I have no doubt that everyone at this forum could do better than that half wit Allegri

Quote Originally Posted by drew View Post
    If boateng is fit Allegri will play him behind zlatan and binho IMO, and if prince is out, he will play seedorf behind ZI and binho.

I also think Allegri is unaware that Abate started as a midfielder, he could play Oddo at RB with abate at RM to double up on Bale if he plays.

Anyway I have no doubt that everyone at this forum could do better than that half wit Allegri

This game is not such that we should have a defensive mindset. We need to have an attacking mindset which is why we need to worry LESS about how to stop Bale, Lennon or Slouch etc. and focus MORE on how we can control that match and take Spurs on as we should have from day 1.

Therefore, I disagree with the thinking of playing Abate in RM and using ODDO at RB because it will be easier to control Bale. That is a defensive mode of thinking. Every move and every tactic we make for this game should be based on how will that put pressure on Cockslurs and how it will make it difficult for them to counter Milan.

It's not at all wrong to field Oddo at RB and Abate ahead of him but the reason should not be to stop Bale but to strengthen that right flank so that we take maximum benefit of the open spaces left behind by Bale and double up on Essou Ekotta. That's what we need to start thinking on.

We need to think positively and in a different mindset. If we go to the Three Point Lane thinking of how to stop Bale or Lennon or Modric or VDV then we are going there with a fear and defensive mindset. We need to go there thinking of how Pato, ZI, Robinho and our offensive weapons and cause them damage. Remember that if we score 3 goals, then it will be very hard to Cockslurs even though a 1-2 can take us through. We need to focus 100% on controlling that much and taking advantage of of our strengths.

Whenever Milan starts the month with a win, we invariably do well throughout that month and when we have a sluggish start we suffer. Last month we started off with a draw and we lost the one game we shouldn't have lost to Cockslurs.

This month we started off with a win and don't have a big undefeated streak with us but Cockslurs have a big undefeated streak to take care of. This is a very big chance for Milan to shut up cocks like Andy Townsend and the legion of delusional commentators and pundits who have taken this game for granted. Everybody but the kitchen sink has written us off. I haven't.

This is where Milan is at its most dangerous. We have a better away record in the UCL as well and we are surely overdue a big away win. On the weekend our strikers didn't fire but we won 0-1. This means that our strikers should have something in reserve for this game. Slurs drew 3-3 and pissflap looked clueless. Cockslurs have shown that when you press them properly and quickly they are poor at holding on to the ball .... they lose it quickly!

Milan may not have the midfield to compare to Slurs but we can press them quickly so that they lose the ball time and again. We need to be quick in what we are doing and remain clinical. We SIMPLY CAN'T AFFORD TO THINK OR WORRY about their strengths. We have to focus on their weaknesses and our strengths. POSITIVE THINKING - ATTACKING DISPLAY.

Bloody pissflap thinks that we are going there to sit back and hit them on the counter! As if we are leading 3-0 from the first leg. We need 3 goals. I strongly believe that if we score 3, we are through and I really do think that Gomes won't have another blinder of a game. They will give us chances to score and these chances will increase when they put on players like Bale and VDV on the pitch who are offensive minded rather than defensive minded.

Milan is not out of this one. Milan is not dead and buried just yet.

M I L A N

Riferimento d'Europa