Page 2 of 25 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: UCL: RD-16 2nd Leg - Cockslurs vs. Milan

Prince is definitely out as Milan have confirmed he's sprained his ankle...
    FORZA MILAN

"AC Milan will always have what it takes to win on the field of play. But even if we can't win, never say Inter."

Boateng is a bad miss .....

Seedorf - Flamini - Merkel it is then I guess. We can use Strasser in some capacity as well. We need Seedorf to whip it out one last time.

M I L A N

Riferimento d'Europa

Haroon, you misunderstand me, my thinking behind Abate is that he is a hard working attacking player, but also has it in his locker to get back when required. Rather than play Silva in midfield and make the defece vunerable I'd sooner use Abate in his original position. Abate can attack and can defend.

Allegri will undoubtedly play at least 2DMs and IMO he will make the mistake of playing Silva there.

With prince out, we have lost IMO, we needed his intensity and strength in midfield, Flamini is clueless and rash, Merkel is talented but inexperienced, same as Strasser and Seedorf simply isn't good enough for 90minutes, we need someone to take the game by the scruff of the neck in midfield, Pirlo can do it, Boateng can do it, unless Merkel has a real coming of age we don't have the player to do it. And IMO Allegri doesn't have the balls to play Merkel

flamini----silva----seedorf

scares the shit out of me and not in a good way!

Oddo---nesta---silva---zambrotta
    ------abate---flamini---merkel
    ------------binho---ibra
    -----------------pato

works for me

Be clever and daring Allegri

We do need to be very wary of the pace Cockslurs have (can we change it to 'COCKSLURPS' Haroon, I hear Arry likes to slurp a Good cock

Wouldn't surprise me if we played Flamini and Seedorf in mid and I've heard Janks might even play in midfield! Time will tell.
    FORZA MILAN

"AC Milan will always have what it takes to win on the field of play. But even if we can't win, never say Inter."

Haha, we'll have to see what midfield combination both sides play.. I think it will be Seedorf-Flamini-Merkel, against Bale-Modric-Palacios-Lennon, VDV will drop deep off Crouch. I can Milan playing Robinho in a withdrawn role, if Pato is okay and starts alongside Ibrahimovic up front. If Pato isn't fit to start, I can see Allegri going with Silva in midfield, pushing Robinho in a more advanced role and Yepes starting at the back.

I wasn't surprised by the Wolves result, considering a number of Spurs main players were out i.e. Lennon and Bale on the bench, VDV, King, Woodgate and Huddlestone injured. At least we didn't lose like Man Utd, Chelsea and Liverpool did at Molineux.

It's nicely set up for Wednesday now, but I am gutted Boateng isn't able play, as he offers that edge and scoring threat to Milan's play.

Quote Originally Posted by drew View Post
    Haroon, you misunderstand me, my thinking behind Abate is that he is a hard working attacking player, but also has it in his locker to get back when required. Rather than play Silva in midfield and make the defece vunerable I'd sooner use Abate in his original position. Abate can attack and can defend.

Allegri will undoubtedly play at least 2DMs and IMO he will make the mistake of playing Silva there.

With prince out, we have lost IMO, we needed his intensity and strength in midfield, Flamini is clueless and rash, Merkel is talented but inexperienced, same as Strasser and Seedorf simply isn't good enough for 90minutes, we need someone to take the game by the scruff of the neck in midfield, Pirlo can do it, Boateng can do it, unless Merkel has a real coming of age we don't have the player to do it. And IMO Allegri doesn't have the balls to play Merkel

flamini----silva----seedorf

scares the shit out of me and not in a good way!

Oddo---nesta---silva---zambrotta
    ------abate---flamini---merkel
    ------------binho---ibra
    -----------------pato

works for me

Be clever and daring Allegri

It is more important to have an attacking mindset and the right formation rather than worrying about fielding Silva in defence or midfield. That once again, is defensive thinking on our part as we worry about fielding Silva in defence because he is fast and our best defender etc. I don't think Silva is our best defender but that is another matter altogether. What we need to think about and talk about is how we can score goals and put the Cockslurps to the sword!

The midfield is a great debate. I think Flamini is going to surely start. That leaves two or maybe three positions to fill. I wouldn't start with Seedorf as I can't see him being effective for more than 25 mins so therefore I would bring him off the bench in all honesty. We have Merkel, Strasser, Janks and maybe Silva for that midfield role.

Abate on the right and Janks on the left is a good option. Something like:

Abate --------- Flamini ----------- Robinho ------------ Janks

------------------------ ZI --------------------------------------
    -------------------------------- Pato ----------------------------

That is a better midfield and it gives us two crossers while we have Flamini in the holding role and Robinho in an offensive role. I would like a 4-3-2-1 with ZI and Robinho behind Pato but I just fear that neither Robinho nor ZI will track back to help our midfield enough so the roles need to change and that is only possible with a formation change.

4-3-1-2 can kill us because 3 Milan mids against 5 Cockslurps will not work. We can contemplate using Merkel in Robinho's position as well and leave Robinho and Seedorf to join in later. We must also consider and this is very important that in a game where we need goals, it is better to play with ZI floating behind Pato for a two pronged attack rather than isolating Pato all alone up front. He will need support so somebody has to be his shadow to assist him.

Quote Originally Posted by drew View Post
    We do need to be very wary of the pace Cockslurs have (can we change it to 'COCKSLURPS' Haroon, I hear Arry likes to slurp a Good cock
    Done .... it's better!

Quote Originally Posted by Ian View Post
    Wouldn't surprise me if we played Flamini and Seedorf in mid and I've heard Janks might even play in midfield! Time will tell.
    It could happen ....

------------------------------- Abbiati ----------------------------------------

- Oddo ------------ Nesta --------------- Silva --------------- ??Sokratis??

- Abate ------------ Flamini ----------- Robinho -------------- Jankulovski

----------------------- ZI -----------------------------------------------------
    -------------------------------------- Pato ------------------------------------

We have to see a ZI and Robinho tracking back and helping out. If those two don't track back and help out then we will have 3 Milan players who are not working hard enough making it an 8 vs. 11 match for us and that is impossible to win. No lazy players. Everybody needs to work their socks off to eradicate the mess they made in the first leg.

Quote Originally Posted by SPURSMILAN View Post
    Haha, we'll have to see what midfield combination both sides play.. I think it will be Seedorf-Flamini-Merkel, against Bale-Modric-Palacios-Lennon, VDV will drop deep off Crouch. I can Milan playing Robinho in a withdrawn role, if Pato is okay and starts alongside Ibrahimovic up front. If Pato isn't fit to start, I can see Allegri going with Silva in midfield, pushing Robinho in a more advanced role and Yepes starting at the back.

I wasn't surprised by the Wolves result, considering a number of Spurs main players were out i.e. Lennon and Bale on the bench, VDV, King, Woodgate and Huddlestone injured. At least we didn't lose like Man Utd, Chelsea and Liverpool did at Molineux.

It's nicely set up for Wednesday now, but I am gutted Boateng isn't able play, as he offers that edge and scoring threat to Milan's play.
    Cockslurps better hope that Seedorf doesn't get a boner because if somebody is up then you lot are going down in the most unimaginable way! And the worst thing for you lot is that you won't be able to see the carnage in pitch darkness!

M I L A N

Riferimento d'Europa

Now, I didn't come up with that name or logo.

Here's a picture of 'arry after last night's debacle against Wolves!

And here he is after drinking some of that aged rum!

Seriously, we can't possibly lose to this schmuck. Min/Max Allegri needs to grow a pair because if you lose to a clown, then the only deducible thing is that you are a bigger clown.

M I L A N

Riferimento d'Europa