Page 1 of 37 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: CL Round of 16, First leg. AC Milan vs Tottenham

Champions League Cup CL Round of 16, First leg. AC Milan vs Tottenham

AC Milan vs Tottenham
    Round of 16, First leg - 15/02/2011 - 20:45CET (20:45 local time) - Stadio Giuseppe Meazza - Milan
    Referee: Stéphane Lannoy (FRA)
    Last edited by Filipez; 14th February 2011 at 11:41.
    Forza Milan

ALLEGRI OUT

Bale doesn't travel with Spurs
    Tottenham have confirmed that Gareth Bale has not travelled with the rest of the squad to face Milan in the Champions League on Tuesday.

The 21-year-old Wales international has been out with a back injury for the last three weeks.

Last week, reports emerged suggesting Bale would recover in time for the first leg of Tottenham's second round tie.

However, he will stay in London and continue his physiotherapy work.

It's a big boost for Milan and for Ignazio Abate, the Milan right-back charged with marking Bale.

A lot was made of Bale's stellar performances in the group stages against Inter, notably when he scored a hat-trick at San Siro against the treble winners.
    Forza Milan

ALLEGRI OUT

Quote Originally Posted by Filipez View Post
    Bale doesn't travel with Spurs
    Tottenham have confirmed that Gareth Bale has not travelled with the rest of the squad to face Milan in the Champions League on Tuesday.

The 21-year-old Wales international has been out with a back injury for the last three weeks.

Last week, reports emerged suggesting Bale would recover in time for the first leg of Tottenham's second round tie.

However, he will stay in London and continue his physiotherapy work.

It's a big boost for Milan and for Ignazio Abate, the Milan right-back charged with marking Bale.

A lot was made of Bale's stellar performances in the group stages against Inter, notably when he scored a hat-trick at San Siro against the treble winners.
    I'm not convinced that Bale wont play! Its a typical EPL trick, few minutes prior to kick off it will be announced that he is on the bench.

Anyhow i don't give a toss about bale, he is not the main danger, Modric and VDV are the ones to watch, as they could kill our midfield of linebackers!

This is the time for Zlatan to step up and put the doubters wrong!

Quote Originally Posted by drew View Post
    I'm not convinced that Bale wont play! Its a typical EPL trick, few minutes prior to kick off it will be announced that he is on the bench.

Anyhow i don't give a toss about bale, he is not the main danger, Modric and VDV are the ones to watch, as they could kill our midfield of linebackers!

This is the time for Zlatan to step up and put the doubters wrong!
    Modric had his appendix(I think) out last week so won't be available, and VdV went off injured on sat but should be ok.
    FORZA MILAN

"AC Milan will always have what it takes to win on the field of play. But even if we can't win, never say Inter."

Latest is that Bale hasn't even flown to Milano while Modric is flying to Milano in an emergency move! I don't like this because it leaves room for Milan to become complacent that Bale isn't playing. We will have to be careful and fully focussed on the job at hand. All the talk is that Milan doesn't want to concede in either leg because we know how harmful these away goals can be.

I would have preferred a full strength Tottenham side to play against to be honest. It is very frustrating for me that we are continually compared to Inter and just because Tottenham scored 6 past Inter, they think the same is possible against Milan. All the pre-game trash talk has been a comparison of what Tottenham did to Inter and how much similar we are to them!

Do these clowns even realize that we are the greatest European team in history for a sound reason? Do they even know what Milan's pedigree in this competition is compared to Inter? Bollocks I say.

M I L A N

Riferimento d'Europa

I personally think that Milan are too experienced not to get complacent with Spurs' key player out. Milan aren't underestimating them.

Milan have to play with intense and push down Spurs' from minute one. But, and this is the most important, not get too excited for Spurs to capitalise on the counters. Intense and patience. Scored goal from Spurs could be costly...

I'm a bit curious how the line up will look like. Ibrahimovic and Robinho up front, with Seedorf behind them? Seems reasonable. Seedorf played really well on Saturday and he ran like I haven't seen him do in years. I think he wants to prove himself that he could bring out that immense talent. On his terms, of course.

I think spurs are overconfident if anyone.

I think it will be 1-1 or 2-2...