Page 504 of 1266 FirstFirst ... 44044544945005015025035045055065075085145546041004 ... LastLast
Results 4,025 to 4,032 of 10123

Thread: Rumours Thread 2011/12

we miss about 8 mln from Inter Market Pool, i guess that depends more on the recent past (not infrastructures or number of fans but enthusiasm)
    since we have the same stadium and possibilities + we left 1 turn earlier but our team was decimated (thats why we got 3-4 players in jan)

if we go back to JUST that, even getting less than the top teams, we have enough to win.

Quote Originally Posted by drew View Post
    well said, this is my point.

If we wanted Pastore, why didn't we offer a staged payment? We also had Boriello who allegedly Leo wanted, so that could have been a bargaining chip.
    That's the thing Drew. Milan never wanted Pastore. A few of us wanted him but the management never wanted him. Don't by the interest Milan shows in players. If we go by the interest we show in players and what we read in the press then that list will be very big.

Milan will simply prefer a Brasilian over Argentinian. We have reservations over them because of their mentality.

And the lack of planning became evident to me when we didn't take the option on Sneijder or Robben when we sold Kaka to Madrid!
    Fair question. I always thought that Sneijder would be a wonderful replacement for Seedorf in the LM position of a 4-4-2 diamond. I never saw him as a playmaker but a marvelous box-2-box midfielder. The problem was that we didn't have the vacancies as we can still see Seedorf, Gattuso and Ambrosini in the midfield.

M I L A N

Riferimento d'Europa

Quote Originally Posted by Dario View Post
    I'm not saying you can buy the Champions league because the team that spends the most doesnt always win. But the prices of players are rising and rising. To really have a chance in the Champions league we needed 1 or 2 top class midfield players. The evidence of this summer is we cant afford them...
    It's going to be an even playing field after August 31, 2011 once the UEFA FFP kicks in. No more ludicrous transfers or transfer fees. No more hysterical salaries. It's all going to level out.

According to the Deloitte money leagues, Milan's position in the money league (currently 7th overall) depends on two factors:

1. Position in Serie A (We won this year and have a good chance to defend it again).
    2. How far we can go in the UCL (It will be difficult to reach the QF but if we really push then we can make the QF. Going beyond that depends on some magic performances)

If we go by these numbers and consider how much Utd., Real, Barcelona and Bayern have spent, then we stand a good chance to improve our position in the Money League. Arsenal are the other club to massively gain as well.

What we have to decide whether a short term fix like Kaka is important to acquire so that he and ZI are together for a good two years and can help us reach farther in the UCL to earn potentially EUR 15-25m MORE money by going far OR whether we go for somebody different and younger as we focus on longevity at the risk of doing just OK in the UCL and losing that 15-25m. Both approaches will have pros and cons. Neither is wrong or right from a fiscal point of view.

M I L A N

Riferimento d'Europa

Quote Originally Posted by Filipez View Post
    A.Madrid want Diego from wolfsburg, they want him for 5m!! 5m!!! Why not make a gamble on him? he has all the qualities to succeed at a big club IMO.
    Atletico Madrid should send over that EUR 5m to us. The buggers still owe us close to EUR 18m! Milan should contact Dr. Evil to get the money out of Atletico Madrid.

M I L A N

Riferimento d'Europa

Quote Originally Posted by drew View Post
    doesnt the fair play law hinder us?

Our only chance of big signings is with Silvio's 'gifts'?

The FFP stops this and says a club must rely on self generated income..............which we have NONE of, its all Papi's gifts?

EPL and German clubs will thrive (ownership of stadia)
    The law CAN'T hinder us as Silvio Berlusconi has been the biggest protagonist behind getting this implemented. He has been going on for years to instill some sort of normalcy in football. Milan has been spending EUR 20m on transfers for the last 7 odd years and that is Milan's money. Berlusconi's gifts have been few and far between. For instance the additional EUR 20m for Robinho was SB. Ronaldinho was perhaps SB or you can say his salary 7.5m + 7.5m was covered by him. So, it is fair to say that Milan has already been PRACTICING self-sufficiency for a good few years.

Is it a coincidence that in the Summer preceding the implementation of UEFA FFP, rumors surface that Fininvest will be detaching itself from Milan so that Milan becomes a free entity running on its own? It's pre-planned. I can't see how we will be the losers in this. We're virtually a big part of why UEFA FFP is a reality.

It will tick off Real, Chelsea, Barca, Shitty, PSG the most because they spend crazy money and a lot of it is borrowed. If they spend the same way then they will be a cooked goose. No more EUR 30m full-backs or EUR 40m midfielders sponsored by the Qatar Foundation sitting on the bench. No more GBP 50m strikers who can't score in half a season. No more ridiculous salaries.

How does it adversely affect Milan? We barely spend? We barely have high salaries. We have been reducing salaries for two Summers now. Look at the bigger picture.

M I L A N

Riferimento d'Europa

Quote Originally Posted by Ian View Post
    Oh and look at how much we got in last years CL compared to most other teams:

There are a few reasons why we didn't earn that much:

1. We didn't win enough games. You get more money if you win more games. We simply won 3 games only.
    2. A Round-16 will get you around what we got which was EUR 25.7m. Real reached the SF and got EUR 39m. The real money starts if you can reach the SF.
    3. Coming second almost always is equal prize money to the winner with a minute difference.

That is why we have to think whether our new signing can actually help elevate us in the UCL to do well and go further because there is no reason to spend half-heartedly on someone who can't make us take that next step in the UCL i.e. Win games more convincingly and regularly + go far in the UCL i.e. at least QF or ideally final.

Our CURRENT team is good enough to win the Serie A IMO. It is good enough to do better in the UCL group stage than our team last year. The last question that remains is whether we want to put faith in a younger player who can remain here for years and help us do better in the UCL or do we buy an experienced head who can elevate us in the UCL now but be a short-stop. I would pick the former option as it is important to move FORWARD rather than SIDEWAYS or BACKWARDS.

If we can't find the right players then it doesn't make sense to spend on players who will not improve our situation that much in the UCL. Our signing or signings have to be geared towards the UCL and how much they can improve us there. Usually it is gun players and they cost money.

Kaka is one option. The experienced head but really lacking in confidence now.

Hamsik, Ganso, Hernanes are the other options who are younger but not as experienced. Maybe some other name as well.

The budget we have is EUR 25m tops IMO. That's where things become really difficult. Santos can't play hard-ball with us. Now they know it.

So, will Montolivo or Aquilani or even both improve Milan that much that we can perhaps make the SF? That's the question to ask yourselves. If we are lacking money then we should have sold Pato to generate more cash because his presence or absence can't be felt. It's the same.

The EUR 25.7m was a thousand times better --- the year before we raked in a paltry EUR 0.3m from the UEFA Cup. Our aim has to be earn EUR 35m from the UCL at the least and hopefully win the Serie A again. This helps to market products in a better manner.

M I L A N

Riferimento d'Europa

By the way -- Bastian Scweinsteiger is playing for Bayern tonight as is Robben and Ribery. Schweinsteiger also scored for Bayern. The chapter is closed on all three players for any club let alone us.

Tomas Muller is on the bench so there is a hair of a chance for him! Ha! Just kidding. He is not coming. Bayern won't sell. They were the only club who had the guts to say NO to Real while Utd. (Ronaldo), Milan (Kaka), Dortmund (Sahin), Benfica (Coentrao) and a host of others wilted under the financial muscle of Real (and its borrowed money).

That's because Bayern is a very healthy club financially. They are also building a state of the art museum for Bayern in their stadium. It will be something that has never been done according to their president KH Rummenigge. They are an exceptionally well run club when it comes to finances. They even dwarf Arsenal because they have been winning as well and have not seen a year in the red for the last 13 straight years or so. I posted this before. That's the model we need to follow and the Bundesliga model needs to be followed by the FIGC for the Serie A and Serie B.

M I L A N

Riferimento d'Europa

-> EUR 25m to spend
    -> 13 days to go
    -> Objective: Win the Serie A again and go farther than the RD-16 in the UCL
    -> Buy now or buy in Jan?

What do you do and who do you get?

M I L A N

Riferimento d'Europa