Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: Official, Van Bommel to ACM !

i dont think VBommel is a problem for us, i think more for our opposition legs (which is good for us)

he's not the future (1.5 year contract?) so i really see no problem (and i agree that with merkel strasser you cant win a CL yet)

about the creative-quality-young midfielders i have no worries, there is all the time of the world to sign new ones
    (including eventually Boateng, better feet than Gattuso Ambro Flamini, and also Emanuelson which is skilled)

VB is giving us extra balls (testicles) and character, (so now Thiago can go back in the defence and we have a proper midfielder)

Mau? Van bommel gives us a proper midfield??

you can't win the UCL with Strasser and Merkel I agree, but you can't keep taking up their positions with 35 y/o for a short term fix! It's false economy! Plenty of young players have come in and played integral roles in their teams. Pedro, Busquets, Rooney, Wilshire! The problem is that we do no. Believe in youth.

drew, we might be irritated by old signings or players of different positions as we hope-dream

but did you see yesterday ? 3 men midfield line

1) proper midfielder = Ambro
    1) defender = Thiago (now urgently to go back)
    1) youngster = good, nice, sweet, but if Seedorf performed like that (not producing key facts) it was a disappointment (ofc as a young he did excellent job)

IF we fail 3-4-5 games now we risk to throw the league in the toilet
    If eventually our defensive midfielders have problems (when we have yet 3 competitions)
    who are we gonna field in midfield, and who as central defenders

an addition

consider that if Van Bommel plays in serie A (Flamini or who else) can rest and be fresh and focused for the CL

instead than abusing in the 3 competitions a Flamini that doesnt even fixes his old problems.

ps: tomorrow Raiola should go to Munich to finalize the deal (news)
    ps2: MilanChannel seems to whisper the duo Criscito-Van Bommel

let's enjoy this so long awayited time

All I'm saying Mau, is that we have had numerous opportunities to inject life into our midfield. Hernanes, Ganso, Sneijder, V D Vaart, Robben, Lazzari, but we choose another defensive midfielder! Lazzari isn't world class, but he would be an improvement on what we have now. Berlusconi is happy to invest in fantasy players, bit not in Coentrao or van der Wiel, or Hernanes. I agree last nights midfield did ok. But it relies on one attacking midfielder (Merkel) if not Merkel then Pirlo? Pirlo is too old and Merkel is too young, there is no in between. In attack we have a great mix. Pato 21, Binho and Cassano 26, and Ibra 30. All at the peak of their powers and Pato is promising. Our midfield (the most important area) is either archaic or inexperienced.

Boateng is a great addition, but he is not ours! We need one midfielder someone like Hernanes or Fabregas, in their prime who can control the game.

Like I said, if we only had strasser and ambro, or strasser and flamini I wouldn't mind van bommel, but we have

Van bommel
    flamini
    ambrosini
    gattuso
    strasser

all defensive mids

attacking mids?????

Merkel
    Pirlo

Boateng is somewhere In between

But we really need one now. We need someone who can retain posession in midfield, players like Gattuso, Flamini, Ambro and V Bommel can't do that, and they end up launching grenades to Ibrahimovic. Cassano, Robinho and Ibra are players whose game is based on movement, much like Messi, Pedro and Villa, so these players need a midfield that can supply them with good passes to exploit there movement!

We heard rumours of Lazzari, Poli and Ganso and we end up with van bommel! Just disapointed

I don't think we need Van Bummer even if for 1.5 years because:

1. He is close to his mid-30s.

2. His work-rate is going to get less by the day.

3. We already have Gattuso, Ambrosini (def. starter), Flamini, Pirlo, Boateng, Merkel and Strasser for 3 available positions. Adding Van Bummer makes it 8 players for 3 positions which is far from ideal IMO.

4. If Van Bummer is supposed to give us more balls then I don't know what the others have been doing for over half a season as Milan has been very hard through the middle and tough to break down. It's not a coincidence that we have the largest number of clean sheets by some miracle. I don't think adding Van Bummer will improve what we already have.

Leaving aside my bias against him, from a pure sporting perspective Milan does not require Van Bummer at all. When we have a fully fit squad, we don't look to be weak in midfield at all. I can agree that this type of midfield can potentially suffer in Europe if the front three don't click but Van Bummer is going to be cup-tied so that excuse is out the window!

If Lazzari or Poli or some other chaps are expensive because of their demand, I don't think Milan should get Van Bummer because he is free just for the sake of the purchase. We should stall and then wait. Maybe re-evaluate in Summer and then decide who we need and who we should get. It's not like Van Bummer is going to be the Scudetto delivering signing. We have shown enough and done well enough in the past months to confirm that this very squad at the time of writing this can deliver the Scudetto and maybe do something good in the UCL as well.

That's what I think about this. This signing is not needed. It doesn't bring anything "extra" to the table that we already don't have.

M I L A N

Riferimento d'Europa