Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: The DM Kitchen Corner

Quote Originally Posted by drew View Post
    What is a typical breakfast/lunch/dinner

ie in the uk

breakfast: bacon, eggs, tomatoes, toast, sausages, black pudding

What's a Pakistani breakfast

Pakistani Breakfast has lots of variety Drew ....

1. Siri Paye (this means head and feet if you translate word for word but it is basically the legs of a lamb).

It takes about 24 hours to cook to such an extent that the juice of the bones becomes part of the gravy and the meat is so soft that it melts in your mouth. You eat it with a Naan which is like a Pita bread but heavier. People order this breakfast rather than cooking it at home. You have to get it early because it is sold out by 7:30 in the morning so it's best to get it at 5.

I believe you can get this from a Birmingham restaurant as they have a large contingent of Pakistanis but I don't know whether the taste is great or not.

2. Halwa Puri

Halwa is sweet. You have it with a Puri which is a fairly light roti style thing ... very tasty. You have it with gravy (a more common word is curry for everything gravy related in England). You mix and match it. It's very good.

I believe you will find this in Birmingham as well.

3. Omelette + Paratha (Pa-Ra-Thaa).

You have your omelette with a Paratha which is a heavier form of Roti.

Pakistani dishes are all about how one thing is cooked. The cooking styles and methods vary but the ingredients can be the same. The end result is that the taste is very different.

All Pakistani food is very rich and slow food because it takes time to prepare. By rich food I mean, that it is fattening food and full of cholesterol. It is damn tasty but then again all unhealthy food is!

Take a trip to Birmingham to check out some Pakistani restaurants. Maybe they have something good. I only had Pakistani food once in England in London and I thought it sucked because some amateurs go there and open a restaurant and use the name of Lahore or Pakistan to sell that very cheap food for very expensive GBPs because people crave for local food. It's simply not the same IMO.

M I L A N

Riferimento d'Europa

I'm liking this 'lots of meat for breakfast'

when you come over you can cook me a
    Pakistani feast

Mau:

yes you're right, with latte I was being lazy. We call it cafe latte in the abundance of UK coffee shops!

What's traditional Finnish food Mau?

Haroon what was your take on the traditional English Sunday Roast? Did you experience it? Roast beef, Yorkshire pudding

finnish will come tomorrow

Indian Restaurant in Nottingham ( Ramsay Season 5 )

Drew ... I like Roast Beef, Yorkshire Pudding and English food in general.

M I L A N

Riferimento d'Europa

i've just made a quick 10 min Bolognese a la Ramsay

hope i do not get poisoned
    (well im not eating it now, maybe later today, AND, i didnt pur red wine but sparkling red wine or something what i had)

we'll see

Quote Originally Posted by Call Me 7 Cups View Post
    i've just made a quick 10 min Bolognese a la Ramsay

hope i do not get poisoned
    (well im not eating it now, maybe later today, AND, i didnt pur red wine but sparkling red wine or something what i had)

we'll see
    Mau, I thought being Italian you would know how to make Bolognese, let alone get instructions from an Englishman on how to make it!
    FORZA MILAN

"AC Milan will always have what it takes to win on the field of play. But even if we can't win, never say Inter."

no no wait

bolognese is no stuff for roman people(or nothern or southern) unless you are a chef (to cook other regions stuff) you make your own sauces-ragu's etc

in facts in Rome i never ever had this so called bolognese, just our own meat home made 'sauce' what u call it
    and in fact that needs about 1 hour to bit more to be made

this one here in 10-15 mins ehe

Quote Originally Posted by Call Me 7 Cups View Post
    no no wait

bolognese is no stuff for roman people(or nothern or southern) unless you are a chef (to cook other regions stuff) you make your own sauces-ragu's etc

in facts in Rome i never ever had this so called bolognese, just our own meat home made 'sauce' what u call it
    and in fact that needs about 1 hour to bit more to be made

this one here in 10-15 mins ehe
    Good food takes time

What would be a traditional roman dish then? In England it's either fish & chips or roast dinners! lol
    FORZA MILAN

"AC Milan will always have what it takes to win on the field of play. But even if we can't win, never say Inter."