Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789

Thread: Cut-off the Milan Revenue Stream

lol haroon-drew

This is interesting and shows how much Milan and the other Italian sides are behind the rest of the big European sides when it comes to shirt sales:

It's because there is no replica shrit culture in Italy, they sell lots of fake shirts.

It's huge in the uk, every boy 4-16 asks for one for Christmas!

too many fake shirts, when i watch foreign championships, a lot of people have an original shirt, in italy no

and original one costs a lot (70 euro or more) and changes every year
    Last edited by alexandre; 7th September 2010 at 13:42.

Outside stadiums are many fake shirt, merchandise stands. It's almost accepted. Also all EPL clubs have a club shop on site with enormous amounts of stuff.

Whatever they're doing it isn't working. I mean those are huge amounts of money that Milan is missing out on.

Yeah the shirts are expensive as hell, €70 is mad. The one I own I got as a birthday present, but I myself would never buy one. They should have discounted sales of last seasons shirts as to put a dent on the pirated shirts' sales.

They didn't have a merchandise shop in San Siro when I was there for a couple of years ago and the one they had was near the Duomo. I think the newly opened one is close to the Duomo as well and it's weird that they don't have one in San Siro or at least near it. I guess it's because the city owns the stadium

Serie A should be the most attractive and marketable league in the world!

Italy is the most marketable country bar none, re history of art, design and culture is unrivalled. It just needs a rebrand, Italian football is still in the dark ages.

The culture of fake shirts is the one with the monopoly.

I'd be interested to know what percentage of milan's sales is from outside Italy too!

The discussion is taking place in the wrong thread!

In any case, 70 is not that much for an official AC Milan jersey IMO. An Armani polo shirt full sleeve costs 100 with ease. The Milan jersey is far more sturdier and will have a far more longer life because it is made to stand abuse. It's a fair price for a jersey IMO. It's not even the cost of a basic DVD player. It is far less than the price of a cell-phone and it's life is easily 10 years and it won't budge.

I bought one from the UK and it cost me GBP 69.99 [long sleeve, UCL patch jersey]. I think if one has to buy a jersey and especially if it is a Milan jersey then it is a must to buy the one with the European Star on it.

I don't get names written on my jerseys and I don't think that I will ever put a name on a jersey.

However, these are my opinions only and every fan has the right to choose what he must as per his spending power.

Milan is working on the marketing part now. Milan is the first club to have its own dedicated YouTube channel. Milan is one of the first clubs to have an official facebook page as well. The new look website has the best high-definition images and graphical work done on it. It looks like it has been show by RED cameras.

I don't know if you know this but AC Milan is also perhaps the only club to have dedicated online stores to deliver official AC Milan memorabilia to ANY country in the world. I was shocked and pleasantly surprised to see ACMILANSTOREASIA.com .... they deliver to Asian countries ... loads of memorabilia and UNLIKE in the past the prices are reasonable and on par with global prices.

When I was in the UK, I ordered a bunch of things from AC Milan Store Italia and needless to say, the bill was not nice on my credit card. I've checked the prices now on the store and they are very attractive.

Milan is moving in the right direction now. Somebody is utilizing the technology well. The results will not show this year ... but they will start showing in the next 3 years IMO.

3 years ago in Pakistan there was barely any AC Milan stuff available. Obviously, I am talking about the fake stuff. It was Pool, Arsenal, Chelsea and obviously Utd. Now, when 20 kids are playing footie in the ground, 1 or 2 are wearing Milan jerseys (replicas). You can get towels, scarfs, caps etc. Obviously this is not revenue going to Milan but if the kids are opting for Milan then it is good because tomorrow they could become fans and the day after they will probably purchase original stuff through relatives living abroad.

Things will improve four-fold when we lift the UCL in Wembley next May.

M I L A N

Riferimento d'Europa