Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast

Thread: Cut-off the Milan Revenue Stream

Quote Originally Posted by drew View Post
    But there is little to complain about if we are not prepared to act
    You, me or a handful of people can't do jack in all honesty. It is the collective effort that can make an impact.

I don't care if others are in or not because they have their right to do what they feel is right. However, I will follow this procedure and not contribute at all. I will voice my support for the cause and hope that others follow.

I have always felt that Milan fans are quite slow to see the bigger picture. We, Milan fans like to learn the hard way. There is hardly any foresight. Therefore, every process is slow and the contribution to this cause of cutting off the revenue stream will be painstakingly slow as well IMO.

You can judge by the reaction of the fans on opening day of training. It looked more like a picnic than a protest. No wonder there is only a decline of 15%.

M I L A N

Riferimento d'Europa

15% is a data that picked alone disappoints you, but you have to consider the trend(?) of the last 2 years too

thats gonna be more than 15% possibly 25-35-40%

the problem is that of 15.000 season tickets, i believe 8.500 are given to celebrities, whores, tv people, another 8.500 are by those (i talked a lot to) who say we love milan we hate silvio, we will never leave the guys alone (and im disappointed because the management plays on their feelings)

another 5-8.000 might end up buying if we get a medium midfielder and we do not miserably fail the other friendlies this summer
    Last edited by Call Me 7 Cups; 2nd August 2010 at 08:39.

mau is right, i posted it somewhere else.

our revenue earnings dropped from 240 million to 196 million last year. that's almost 50 million and the downtrend actually started in '08 before we where still on 230 million.

But also haroon has a point, if we want a shock reaction something has to happen and the curva has to act.

lol

perhaps, now im listening the radio and they said Berlusconi gifted a Milan Season Ticket to a politician man he's having problems with.

* after all is better to gift 4 Mln Eu. worth Season Tickets and have people at the stadium in front of the cameras and sponsors, than spend 15 on the transfers and have people disappointed and leaving, right Silvio ?
    Last edited by Call Me 7 Cups; 2nd August 2010 at 08:45.

hahahaha! that's funny

but from the other hand.. he did this before with the joke that he's eating in a restaurant and an ambulance passes by, and he says there goes another milan fan getting a heartattack...

he's using milan as a joke! (good jokes but still, rich sleasy basterd )

That shows how corrupt he is!

If he needed 15m euros to purchase something for a political reason he would find it, but he won't for a midfielder.

Milan was his life long before politics! Never forget where you
    came from.

Mau is right in that the decrease is probably 40% from 2007 but as haroon has said, we need an EMPTY San siro at least once, perhaps derby, or juve or a big UCL night!

I can respect the fans who don't want to abandon the players but it's for the greater good. Leave a banner saying 'sorry boys, but we need to act'

what worries me is that if the revenue is cut then silvio won't care, he'll simply look at his carravaggio and whatever lady
    friend he's entertaining. He'll just let Milan die even more!

Quote Originally Posted by fillipo View Post
    hahahaha! that's funny

but from the other hand.. he did this before with the joke that he's eating in a restaurant and an ambulance passes by, and he says there goes another milan fan getting a heartattack...

he's using milan as a joke! (good jokes but still, rich sleasy basterd )
    Bloody hell!!! I hate him but at the same time I love him as well! He's such a ruthless bastard!

That joke alone confirms that Silvio knows 100% what is wrong with Milan and how to fix it but he is adamant to get things done his own way even if it means that Milan gets hammered in the process. That's the sad part of the saga.

Mau is right .... there is a big pile of complementary season tickets handed to "known" people. I am fine with that pile going to people who will still go to watch Milan for the big encounters as it is a celebrity event for them rather than screaming for Milan like fans.

I just hope that the remainder is empty although it is not likely. If that happens against Juve, Inter and a couple of high profile UCL games then it will stamp a mark in history of a positive protest that was visible and televised across the world. Questions will be asked on an International level then and the excuses from the management will be funny and baseless!

It's a difficult path but if this starts to happen with regularity then we can talk of progress.

Over the past few years there has been a considerable drop in the season ticket sales in any case as Mau mentioned as well. We used to get 42-46 thousand season tickets sold but now that number has plummeted badly. It is going further down so even a drop of 15% is causing a dent. Not a big damage but still a good dent which will be visible.

M I L A N

Riferimento d'Europa

Quote Originally Posted by Call Me 7 Cups View Post
    15% is a data that picked alone disappoints you, but you have to consider the trend(?) of the last 2 years too

thats gonna be more than 15% possibly 25-35-40%

the problem is that of 15.000 season tickets, i believe 8.500 are given to celebrities, whores, tv people, another 8.500 are by those (i talked a lot to) who say we love milan we hate silvio, we will never leave the guys alone (and im disappointed because the management plays on their feelings)

another 5-8.000 might end up buying if we get a medium midfielder and we do not miserably fail the other friendlies this summer

not to forget the gifting in 5-10 matches of thousend of tickets to kids
    more than once in this season (or last 2) i heard after 65 mins waves of kids screaming all at once (i suspect they have some person by the club telling them what to do and when, like it happens on tv 'applause')
    thats gonna make another 5-8-12.000 kids in some random games.