Page 1 of 466 123451151101 ... LastLast

Thread: Rumours Thread 2010/11

Pig Rumours Thread 2010/11

from the first thread of Rumours Thread 2009/10

"the day after
    never misery has been so huge

rip to the old thread
    long life to the new one

bloody berlusconi may you NOT sleep one single night from today for 365 days !
    "

this will be one frustrated thread

I expect the worst mercato ever!!!
    Forza Milan

ALLEGRI OUT

Inter will earn 100m from the treble
    Tuesday 18 May, 2010
    If Inter win the treble this season, it's estimated that they will earn 100m in prize money and gate receipts.

The Nerazzurri have already won the Coppa Italia and wrapped up the Scudetto.

They are now preparing for the Champions League Final against Bayern Munich, which will be held in Madrid on Saturday.

Il Corriere dello Sport understands that as a national champion Inter earned 200,000 then 7.1m for the group phases, and 2.8m for the results that they got in the first phase of the competition.

The Nerazzurri then cashed 3m for qualifying for the last 16, another 3.3m for the quarter-finals and 4.2m for the semi-finals.

In reaching the Final, Massimo Moratti's side earned another windfall of 5.5m, and if they win the trophy, UEFA will award Inter 9m in prize money.

That amounts to 35.1m, but if you factor in TV money, gate receipts, their season in Serie A and the Coppa Italia together with the prospect of playing in the European Super Cup and Club World Cup, Inter could earn up to 100m.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------

Dear god
    Forza Milan

ALLEGRI OUT

It's like a role reversal. We are the new Inter. They are the new Milan. We are the new circus. They are the new football club. We are mocked by the press and opposing teams. They are respected by the press and the opposing teams (in Europe).

M I L A N

Riferimento d'Europa

Filipez i doubt they will earn 100 mln IF they win the treble

why ? because 2 it's already won (so already cashed in)
    and the money to have reached the CL Final is already in too

(if it's not 100 it's 85) and IF they win, they will pay 5-10-20 millions in players prizes (it's a fact that if you lose a final you have the best income you could, final reached, prizes not paid)

plus

Italian Scudetto doesnt pay anything interesting
    neither does Coppa Italia

the gates receipts are the same as every year (more or less, inter might have 4 more game incomes (those semifinal-final) for every big club

im not blaming your post, but the Sensation that the newspaper wants to make.

the only real extra can be fromt he own sponsor, but what is Inter winning more from the past years ? SCudetto it's 4 years, Coppa Italia they have won dozen, the CL that's fine but the main sponsor wont give you more than 5-10 millions

while it looks like Ali Baba signed a 100 millions credit for Inter (most of that will burn in the cost of mantaining that club = highest Wages in italy etc - old squad at maximum of wages)
    Last edited by Call Me 7 Cups; 18th May 2010 at 13:23.

Quote Originally Posted by Call Me 7 Cups View Post
    plus

Italian Scudetto doesnt pay anything interesting
    neither does Coppa Italia

the gates receipts are the same as every year (more or less, inter might have 4 more game incomes (those semifinal-final) for every big club

im not blaming your post, but the Sensation that the newspaper wants to make.
    What type of sensation are we talking about? I just want to be on the same page.

Milan was earning a potential EUR 45 million or thereabouts in our good runs in the UCL in 2003, 2005, 2006 and 2007. The loss to Barfa in 2006 earned less -- in the thirties) but in other years it was good.

The UCL pays well. The money from the competition is around 20-25 million EUR but the TV ratings, gate receipts and other factors join in to make it a very healthy income of around 50 mil.

Serie A will barely fetch 20 million EUR. Coppa Italia works only for Roma. They love that trophy and are the Kings of that competition. For others, not so much.

Inter getting the treble means getting EUR 75 million tops. The upper 25 is hypothetical based on the memorabilia and hype after such an achievement so it is a potential earning of 100 mil. Change Inter with Utd. and a treble of an EPL club will easily surpass EUR 100 million because of the EPL, the prestige of the FA Cup and the general exposure a treble winner can get in that league!

Obviously, no club is stupid to hand out generous prize money to its players unless it knows that a big chunk of the pie will be with the club itself as well. It's like giving commission to a salesman. The commission and bonus seems to be mouth-watering and generous but nobody does it unless they know that the major chunk is with them and the money being handed out are bread crumbs in reality.

That doesn't apply to Goldman Sachs though. Their bonuses are eye-popping to say the least!

M I L A N

Riferimento d'Europa

i hear Mohammed Al Fayed before the europa cup final say that noone makes money in football, you dont enter it to make money, its in you heart

Berlusconi, take note