Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Sampdoria - Milan

I still don't blame Leo, he is a young rookie and with a worse squad than carlo has done admirably, for an hour we played good football yesterday and yes of bonera hadn't been stupid we probably would have won!

My main concern is the gross incompetence of galliani and the lack of interest from silvio, he could at least sell part of the club to taci so he can invest!

Quote Originally Posted by drew View Post
    I still don't blame Leo, he is a young rookie and with a worse squad than carlo has done admirably, for an hour we played good football yesterday and yes of bonera hadn't been stupid we probably would have won!

My main concern is the gross incompetence of galliani and the lack of interest from silvio, he could at least sell part of the club to taci so he can invest!
    drewey, Leo was my favorite player last decade, i really like him much and i am sorry to let him go this way. he was a valuable asset to us when signing kaka and pato. yet i think leo shouldn't have let himself into this adventure as it was clear that there is 0.0% chance for him to make success with a team of old bargain and 0 new signings. i said this last year also as he took over, and i was sure that it will end like this. what annoys me are Leo's statements nowadays. Life is beautiful, life is pink and green and Milan are only losing and losing added to that under performing. i wish Leonardo never took over at Milan as he would be still working for us in another level, as scout or director.
    i fully agree with the 2nd part of your post. Silvio has to sell Milan if he truly loves this club. It's obvious that he can't do the club any good anymore.
    At this stage is really silly to blame Leonardo and Tassotti for lack of success this year, Galliani and Silvio are the main man there to be blamed but Leonardo should not have taken over a sinking boat or at least quit as soon as possible when he saw that no investments are to come. The time when he was denied an attempt to sign Dzeko should have been right moment to say i quit 'cos i get no new players and everyone would have accepted that as a right move. Leonardo threw himself into the same shit as galliani and silvio.

The one thing that bemuses me is why silvio won't sell ! He cleat no longer has an interest in the club, taci has offered him what he wants! Fans have got the yanks out of Liverpool and soon man utd so why can't we!
    .... because still there is a significant number of Milan fans who can find excuses to defend the actions of queerismo.

Once the poofterism goes, Milan will move forward.

M I L A N

Riferimento d'Europa

That doesn't mean that Leo still has to fluff about with his post game comments. There is absolutely no excuse for his fluff. I am a strong advocate of the comments coming out of a coach's mouth because that reflects what his post game talk with the side was. If Leo is fluffing about in the press then he is fluffing about in the dressing room. If the team listens to this fluff then they will sit in comfort knowing full well that we are still on track and fluff, fluff and more fluff.

If Milan fans want something to happen ala Liverpool or Utd. then the best thing is "action".

The Curva Sud seems to have been paid off by Gaylliani. Their start of the season protests were looking good but then everything went quiet and instead of protesting they started cheering. Surely that is not an excuse IMO.

Utd. and Pool fans chant for their team and against their owners. The first proper sign of protest will be season ticket sales. The numbers fell by 40%. They have to fall further. Once our season ticket sales go down below 10,000, we will see movement.

As long as that number is higher, then we know that there is a group of fans who silently support Queerismo and his sick policies.

As far as Silvio goes, he needs to stop sucking on lollipops by Gaylliani and smell the coffee for real. If he doesn't fire Gaylliani or get rid of him this Summer then that is a clear indication that he endorses Gaylliani EVEN NOW and thinks that what he did in Calciopoli is perfectly fine.

That will be a clear sign whether they are in cahoots or not.

M I L A N

Riferimento d'Europa

Leonardo's biggest error was Carlo's error.

Both of them accepted what the management gave them. Both of them knew what they were getting into and both of them continued. Carlo moved once he had an opportunity that was better than that of Milan. Leonardo will move as well because he knows now that Gaylliani took him for a ride and took advantage of him being an amateur.

Leonardo knew what he was getting into. Leonardo knew how this club was run. He just thought that he could change things. Apart from 70's style kick and rush we have not done anything or moved forward.

It's just that the 2009-2010 Serie A teams need time to adjust to the mid-table Kick & Rush EPL side from the 70s that is AC Milan. In the first half they found our opponents found it tough to adjust but the second time around in the return fixtures when they are playing our EPL mid-table Kick & Rush super outfit it is fairly easy to counter our one-dimensional style of football!

-> hoofing grenades up field bypassing the midfield
    -> kick & rush
    -> quick throw-ins
    -> quick free kicks

Fairly transparent and ineffective. Adios Leonardo. You won't be missed. Grab a time machine and go back to the 70s.

If Leonardo becomes the new coach then Brasil 2014 will be a disaster for the Selecao on home ground once again just like 1950! I don't even know if he can survive for that long as Brasil coach with his very NON-SAMBA football. Jogo Bonito? It's more like Fluffo Infinito!
    Last edited by Haroon; 19th April 2010 at 13:42.

M I L A N

Riferimento d'Europa

I think Leo is just saying the right thing in interviews, he is a gentleman, he also knows that our squad sucks but he can't say that, the very fact that Leo found kaka pato and silva proves that Leo believes in youth, what he has at his disposal is the polar opposite of what he believes is!

I will judge Leo when Leo has the squad he desires, he has done well this season with the shit at his disposal let's not forget carlo hasn't been challenging for the title at this stage of the season for some time, so one could argue he has done better minus sheva and kaka

as for carlo he makes me laugh he says it's harder in the epl to win than serie A. It doesn't back him up as he sucked for juve, and underachiever with Milan yet in his first epl season he may do the double!! Make your own mind up guys

Can you blame Leo for wanting to bypass our midfield!

I think Leo is just saying the right thing in interviews, he is a gentleman, he also knows that our squad sucks but he can't say that, the very fact that Leo found kaka pato and silva proves that Leo believes in youth, what he has at his disposal is the polar opposite of what he believes is!
    You need to stop sucking him sideways. There is an ocean of a difference between Leonardo the Brasilian scout and Leonardo the football coach. One is great at his job. The other one not so.

I will judge Leo when Leo has the squad he desires, he has done well this season with the shit at his disposal let's not forget carlo hasn't been challenging for the title at this stage of the season for some time, so one could argue he has done better minus sheva and kaka
    It's easy to say that Carlo didn't challenge with more or less the same side but that is not a balanced comparison.

Carlo fought for the Scudetto in 2005 and 2006. By 2007 he had been with the same side for 5 seasons already. Name me one coach who was challenging for a title in his SIXTH season with the SAME SIDE. Not even SAF managed to do it.

And to make matters worse for Carlo, Inter were at their peak during that time as the rest were floundering. Now, that same very Inter side is struggling in the Serie A because they can't keep winning forever.

And that is exactly what is happening because Inter have been winning repeatedly. The same happened to Utd. .... they can't keep winning forever and this season have stumbled.

Next season Inter and Utd. might bounce back and run away with the leagues. It's just the timing of Leonardo's stint with Milan. In another year it would be far more embarrassing IMO.

If it was this same Leonardo coaching us last season against that Inter we would have been blasted to Uranus in December just like Carlo's side! That side had got stale. That's the only reason we were not competing. It is only the situations and scenarios happening in parallel that are saving the Fluffmeister from absolute reality.

Carlo got owned by Arsenal. Leonardo got raped badly by Utd. in BOTH LEGS. That is always a better mark of a coach.

as for carlo he makes me laugh he says it's harder in the epl to win than serie A. It doesn't back him up as he sucked for juve, and underachiever with Milan yet in his first epl season he may do the double!! Make your own mind up guys
    Carlo is right. The EPL is tougher because they have a better overall league strength. Their top sides are top sides in Europe and regular SF and QF visitors. Their mid-table sides are pretty good and give the top brass a run for their money.

The Serie A is competitive INTERNALLY as a LEAGUE but when you bring EXTERNAL competitions into it, the league is very weak. The North of Italia is weak with Juve and Milan lost. The Roman clubs are weak in Europe. It's only Inter and they too took their time to gain confidence.

Carlo has an edge in the EPL this season for the very same reason that Leonardo had. Utd. have just been winning the league for three seasons on the trot. Chelsea brought in a new coach. There was freshness in their play. They took the lead. That's about it. It's just the situation.

Had Carlo gone there last season or before he would not have been leading right now IMO.

The EPL is a stronger league internally and externally. I won't argue that.

The weakest league seems to be La Liga. It's like the SPL with two horses fighting it out INTERNALLY AND EXTERNALLY. That's it. La Liga's mid-table is weak. No Valencia, La Coruna, At. Madrid, Bilbao, Sevilla, Celta Vigo like that of old. How things change in 10 years time!

M I L A N

Riferimento d'Europa