Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Milan - Lazio

Another terrible performance, we barely deserved a draw! I think that takes us out of the Scudetto race and I think we have got what we deserved.
    FORZA MILAN

"AC Milan will always have what it takes to win on the field of play. But even if we can't win, never say Inter."

but with that starting line up, what did you expect? This team isnt good enough for the Coppa Italia, as they show every season.

I dont want to see Zambrotta play for Milan again - he is simply awful.

if Silvio doesnt overhaul the squad this summer then he needs placing in a padded cell. Not only are we bad, but we are one dimensionally bad, boring to watch, and sometimes comedic. What is it with Milan players and not staying on there feet!

We huff and we puff, but we dont blow the house down! Bit like an asthmatic ant with heavy shopping!

Quote Originally Posted by Ian View Post
    Haroon baby, when you say Gaylliani will be gloating, do mean doing this ?

Spot on I say! He should be holding a prosthetic device about 10" long in his hand to give the complete picture.

It's really awkward losing to Nazio. I consider it a loss because these clowns are not worth a single point.

Speaking of clowns, I get very doubtful when I read Leonardo's post-game comments. I am talking especially about those post-game comments where Milan ends up fannying about. There is a strong and predictable trend. Leonardo always has a statement that is face-saving and giving FALSE HOPE rather than touching on reality. Take a peek.

Leo: 'Anything can still happen' [huh?! ]
    Sunday 28 March, 2010

Leonardo insists Milan’s poor run of results doesn’t cut them out of the title race. “In seven games anything can happen.”
    The Rossoneri had the chance to go within a point of leaders Inter, but a 1-1 home draw with Lazio has knocked them back to third place.

“Are Roma or Inter the favourites for the Scudetto? Milan,” assured the Coach who has picked up two points from the last three games.

“It is a strange season with many surprises in terms of form and results. It is very difficult to predict a lot of outcomes.

“In the seven remaining games, anything could happen, even something extraordinary.”

It was another disappointing performance from Milan, who were missing Andrea Pirlo, Ronaldinho, Alexandre Pato, Alessandro Nesta and late addition Klaas-Jan Huntelaar.

“All we were missing tonight was the finish, but in the second half we went so close to the victory. Today things weren’t coming naturally to us, but the team and the grit was all there.”

Of the three Scudetto contenders, Milan have arguably the toughest run-in with trips to Cagliari, Sampdoria, Palermo and Genoa as well as home ties against Catania, Fiorentina and Juventus.

“We have only seven games left to play in seven weeks and that is the first time we’ve been in that situation.

“Inter have a squad that allows them to handle several competitions, while Roma are in a state of grace right now, but we also put together a long run of positive results a few weeks ago.”

There are question marks over whether Leonardo will remain on the bench next season after public disputes with President Silvio Berlusconi.

“I will talk about the future when it is more important than the present. This squad has done extraordinary things this season and in seven games something else extraordinary could still happen.”

1. He is saying that anything can happen!
    2. He is saying that Milan are favourites for the Scudetto. Has he checked our schedule and compared it to Roma's schedule?
    3. He is saying that the only thing we lacked was finishing. Damn right! Apart from the finishing we were dandy like a candy right?
    4. Things weren't coming naturally but our team had the grit? But of course!

This is why I said a few days ago that when I read Leonardo's comments after a bad result or game somehow or someway I don't find transparency in those comments. They are always veiled and do not show reality. This is not something good I feel because whatever the coach says is transferred in the dressing room. I used to have a complaint with Ancelotti towards his end because he used to spout similar fluff complaining about water-logged pitches and what not.

A coach has to comment on reality and give a wake-up call when needed. We blew ANOTHER CHANCE. The last three games could have given us 9 points. Instead we have 2 points. We could be leading the standings and yet we are in third and Leonardo is DREAMING of something extraordinary just like he had total belief that his team would overturn the 2-3 disaster in the San Siro. Surely, he is delusional and is relying more on HOPE than IMMINENT REALITY.

Even he should know that we are missing match-winners like Nesta and Pato on the pitch. They are very important. We have a list of injuries. Our team is lacking confidence and form. The morale is low and he thinks the only thing we lacked was finishing. I think he needs to stop watching Alice in Wonderland in 3D and watch Drag Me To Hell in good old 2D for a change!
    Last edited by Haroon; 29th March 2010 at 05:50.

M I L A N

Riferimento d'Europa

0-4 versus Man UTD was the best guidance to what kind of a team we have this season. It accurately measured the true worth of this side.

WTF game, WTF performance and WTF result. I jsut don't want to hear that word "Scudetto" makes me sick. Inter are giving us game/set/match balls and we blow it away now for x times.
    we real merdas these days. we created 0 chances yesterday, our front line was cut off there was simply no connection to the midfield. How do you want to win when creating 0,0 chances to score. Poor strikers they had to come deep to get some balls otherwise, no action.
    i expected to see more from clarence, abate and flamini.i don't understand why Leo didn't play Marek at least he could have given some cross from the left.
    nothing, better we don't qualify for the CL, i dont want to see another 4-0... such an embarrassment.

ps: Leonardo sounds like Carlo Ancelotti.(erm, we played very well, but we were unfortunate, we lacked luck...)

Ancelotti's Milan
    ============

1. Short passing
    2. Ball on the ground
    3. Patient build-up which could border on painfully slow at times [Works in the UCL but sucks in the Serie A]
    4. Keeping possession [Key component in the UCL]
    5. No width in game. Very compact and strong through the middle which is a key component in the UCL
    6. Tactically spot on before the match but if things turned bad during a game he was clueless for ideas.

Leonardo's Milan
    ============

1. Long passing
    2. Lots of aerial long balls like a pathetic mid-table EPL side
    3. Quick inter-play. Lots of urgency
    4. Keeping possession is not key [which means we will never win the UCL under Leonardo - NEVER] but winning the possession immediately is a big part of the strategy
    5. Lots of width in the play but the central attack is brittle. This is good for the Serie A but bad for the UCL.
    6. He doesn't believe that much in tactics to start off with. This is a scary thing IMO. The only strategy is to win the ball and go on a quick counter which means launching a long range aerial grenade in the opponent's final third and use the pace and control of Pato to lay it off for Boringfellow or Klaas Frown NotOnPar.

I can envision us doing well in the Serie A with Leonardo but I can also envision a below average showing of Milan in the UCL year in and year out. Leonardo also wants FAST players because he needs that pace to go on quick counters. He doesn't have a method in his head to break down opposition. The only way he knows how to break down opposition is to catch them OFF-GUARD and OUT OF POSITION i.e. caught on the counter.

I am not asking for a Barcelona style ping-pong football in the final third till the opponent gets bored and says f*** it, let 'em score so that we can begin again. But, there is a Milan style. We are genetically a possession driven team. Milan doesn't have catenaccio or counter-attack in its DNA. We have used these styles for brief periods during matches or when the situation calls for it but this has never been a part of our history unlike Inter who are the inventors of catenaccio under Helenio Herrera to great effect. They were a top side under Cuper who did the same thing and they are once again a top side under Mourinho who has this element in him.

Papi has always said that Milan has to play beautiful and win at the same time. Obviously, it is not at the level of Barcelona whose first and foremost priority is to play beautiful football. Milan has a balanced approach in their gameplay.

With Leonardo, I see innovation in his coaching. He has this freshness for our league games approach but the only reason we surprised Marseille in Frogville and Real Mandrill was because these sides played us thinking that they were playing a frivolous opponent that was lacking in confidence and there for the taking. What happened was classic counter-attacking which simply caught both these teams off-guard as they were playing high up in the mood to hurt us bad. They got caught out and Milan capitalized. Leonardo's plans worked brilliantly because the situation was exactly what he wanted it to be.

Against Utd. we didn't play the counter-attack. We went on the attack. Utd. got pulled back with that early goal. It took them some time to settle down and once they found out Milan, it became easier and easier for them. At least with Ancelotti, it took three years for opponents to figure out how to stop that legendary Milan midfield quadrant of Seedorf, Pirlo, Gattuso and Kaka/Rui. Once Barcelona or rather Rijkaard exposed (2006 SF - 1st leg @ home) that if you mark Pirlo out of the match then Milan have major problems then it became very difficult for us to recover.

With Leonardo, it took 35 mins to figure out how to stop Milan. Once you can keep Pato and Ronaldinho quiet on the flanks i.e. the wide men in the front three, Milan really has no other threat to create or score. That's what SAF did and it was cruise control in the second leg.

Leonardo has a lot to learn and he needs to go back to the drawing board real quick because I fear that we simply can't base a transfer campaign worth EUR 35 million on the wish of the coach who might not even make it beyond his second season whereas the investments of this Summer are supposed to last for 3 years at least.

What we can and should do is look for match-winners because match-winners will be match-winners under Coach X, Y or Z. Specific players like Deco to Chelsea under Scolari or Aquilani to Pool under Benitez are specific players who can work as long as the coach is there. Once the coach goes, the novelty of keeping that player goes with him. It's different for a Torres or Rooney or Iniesta who will continue with their abilities irrespective of the coach because they go beyond a certain strategy.

I still have lots of question marks over Leonardo. I told Drew that I would bow to him and take back everything if he eliminated Utd. when the draw was made. That was the precautionary person in me and basically being far-sighted! Drewey ... suck an egg.

SAF is now a complete coach. Believe you me, he wasn't a complete coach because he was clueless in Europe. He is a complete coach now so he has my utmost respect. SAF beat him 7-2. Mourinho thrashed him 8-0 or something. Those are one-sides results. Had he played Benitez, I think we would have got clobbered by the out of sorts Liverpool.

Jokes aside ... I am very worried when I hear his comments especially after bad results. He needs to come out straight and say that we need to work on a lot of stuff. We need to do X, Y and Z properly. Basically tell the truth so that no one is a position to call bullshit. His comments are all cotton candy and cotton candy sucks a lot IMO. It looks good ... really good but it has the worst taste ever.

For me the UCL is paramount. Serie A is just Lindsay Lohan or Paris Hilton for me but the UCL is Salma Hayek. It's no competition at all.

I want the UCL. I would accept first base in the UCL rather than a home run in the Serie A. Do you feel me knockin?

M I L A N

Riferimento d'Europa

Quote Originally Posted by Haroon View Post
    Ancelotti's Milan
    ============

1. Short passing
    2. Ball on the ground
    3. Patient build-up which could border on painfully slow at times [Works in the UCL but sucks in the Serie A]
    4. Keeping possession [Key component in the UCL]
    5. No width in game. Very compact and strong through the middle which is a key component in the UCL
    6. Tactically spot on before the match but if things turned bad during a game he was clueless for ideas.

Leonardo's Milan
    ============

1. Long passing
    2. Lots of aerial long balls like a pathetic mid-table EPL side
    3. Quick inter-play. Lots of urgency
    4. Keeping possession is not key [which means we will never win the UCL under Leonardo - NEVER] but winning the possession immediately is a big part of the strategy
    5. Lots of width in the play but the central attack is brittle. This is good for the Serie A but bad for the UCL.
    6. He doesn't believe that much in tactics to start off with. This is a scary thing IMO. The only strategy is to win the ball and go on a quick counter which means launching a long range aerial grenade in the opponent's final third and use the pace and control of Pato to lay it off for Boringfellow or Klaas Frown NotOnPar.

I can envision us doing well in the Serie A with Leonardo but I can also envision a below average showing of Milan in the UCL year in and year out. Leonardo also wants FAST players because he needs that pace to go on quick counters. He doesn't have a method in his head to break down opposition. The only way he knows how to break down opposition is to catch them OFF-GUARD and OUT OF POSITION i.e. caught on the counter.

I am not asking for a Barcelona style ping-pong football in the final third till the opponent gets bored and says f*** it, let 'em score so that we can begin again. But, there is a Milan style. We are genetically a possession driven team. Milan doesn't have catenaccio or counter-attack in its DNA. We have used these styles for brief periods during matches or when the situation calls for it but this has never been a part of our history unlike Inter who are the inventors of catenaccio under Helenio Herrera to great effect. They were a top side under Cuper who did the same thing and they are once again a top side under Mourinho who has this element in him.

Papi has always said that Milan has to play beautiful and win at the same time. Obviously, it is not at the level of Barcelona whose first and foremost priority is to play beautiful football. Milan has a balanced approach in their gameplay.

With Leonardo, I see innovation in his coaching. He has this freshness for our league games approach but the only reason we surprised Marseille in Frogville and Real Mandrill was because these sides played us thinking that they were playing a frivolous opponent that was lacking in confidence and there for the taking. What happened was classic counter-attacking which simply caught both these teams off-guard as they were playing high up in the mood to hurt us bad. They got caught out and Milan capitalized. Leonardo's plans worked brilliantly because the situation was exactly what he wanted it to be.

Against Utd. we didn't play the counter-attack. We went on the attack. Utd. got pulled back with that early goal. It took them some time to settle down and once they found out Milan, it became easier and easier for them. At least with Ancelotti, it took three years for opponents to figure out how to stop that legendary Milan midfield quadrant of Seedorf, Pirlo, Gattuso and Kaka/Rui. Once Barcelona or rather Rijkaard exposed (2006 SF - 1st leg @ home) that if you mark Pirlo out of the match then Milan have major problems then it became very difficult for us to recover.

With Leonardo, it took 35 mins to figure out how to stop Milan. Once you can keep Pato and Ronaldinho quiet on the flanks i.e. the wide men in the front three, Milan really has no other threat to create or score. That's what SAF did and it was cruise control in the second leg.

Leonardo has a lot to learn and he needs to go back to the drawing board real quick because I fear that we simply can't base a transfer campaign worth EUR 35 million on the wish of the coach who might not even make it beyond his second season whereas the investments of this Summer are supposed to last for 3 years at least.

What we can and should do is look for match-winners because match-winners will be match-winners under Coach X, Y or Z. Specific players like Deco to Chelsea under Scolari or Aquilani to Pool under Benitez are specific players who can work as long as the coach is there. Once the coach goes, the novelty of keeping that player goes with him. It's different for a Torres or Rooney or Iniesta who will continue with their abilities irrespective of the coach because they go beyond a certain strategy.

I still have lots of question marks over Leonardo. I told Drew that I would bow to him and take back everything if he eliminated Utd. when the draw was made. That was the precautionary person in me and basically being far-sighted! Drewey ... suck an egg.

SAF is now a complete coach. Believe you me, he wasn't a complete coach because he was clueless in Europe. He is a complete coach now so he has my utmost respect. SAF beat him 7-2. Mourinho thrashed him 8-0 or something. Those are one-sides results. Had he played Benitez, I think we would have got clobbered by the out of sorts Liverpool.

Jokes aside ... I am very worried when I hear his comments especially after bad results. He needs to come out straight and say that we need to work on a lot of stuff. We need to do X, Y and Z properly. Basically tell the truth so that no one is a position to call bullshit. His comments are all cotton candy and cotton candy sucks a lot IMO. It looks good ... really good but it has the worst taste ever.

For me the UCL is paramount. Serie A is just Lindsay Lohan or Paris Hilton for me but the UCL is Salma Hayek. It's no competition at all.

I want the UCL. I would accept first base in the UCL rather than a home run in the Serie A. Do you feel me knockin?

Haroon, what do you say about Beyonce? Screw Lindsay,Paris and Salma.Take Beyonce the chick is hot, just if you had won the CL the same thing, no difference...