Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: UCL: RD 16 2nd Leg - Man Utd. vs. AC Milan

nah, that won't happen. Pato benched!? can't imagine now that we are in goals deficit. I even expect Inzaghi to start. CL games are stuff for him.

silvio says he likes the boriello huntelaar system! why do i think he is sowing the seeds to sell pato!

with pato, seedorf and dinho on the pitch there is a chance of a miracle

Last edited by artan; 9th March 2010 at 11:13.

If Seedorf is fit then he must play. We need somebody like Seedorf on pitch so that Fletcher is distracted on covering Pirlo because he sure as hell can't handle both players.

I don't think that Seedorf is 100% fit though which is slightly worrying for me. Beckham & Gattuso shouldn't START. Flamini should start if Seedorf can't make that starting line-up. I am 100% sure on this decision.

If Pato is not fit and can't start which is likely going to be the case then Hunter and Borriello should both start. I can see ONE goal coming from that duo for sure. Inzaghi shouldn't start. I don't think he is the right style of player to play against Man Utd. In his youth he scored 2 versus Utd. in Torino but that was because of the workmanlike Juve midfield.

In Milan it is different and our midfield plays in a different way. Inzaghi has not excelled against teams like Utd., Real, Barca, Arsenal, PSV etc. but he has excelled against Dortmund, Bayern, Liverpool etc .... I think it comes down to the styles of our opponents and how Milan's midfield acts against the opposition. It suits Inzaghi with some opponent and doesn't suit Inzaghi against some other opponents.

I think if Pato and Seedorf are not 100% fit then our starting line-up picks itself up.

Abbiati, Bonera, Nesta, Silva, Antonini, Flamini, Ambrosini, Pirlo, Ronaldinho, Pato and Huntelaar.

I just hope that Pato and Seedorf are 100% fit or at least can play a good portion of the match even if that means entering at half-time. So far it doesn't seem like they are likely to start because of fitness.

M I L A N

Riferimento d'Europa

http://www.football-italia.net/mar9a.html

'I want a possessed Milan'

Tuesday 9 March, 2010

Milan patron Silvio Berlusconi wants his players to perform as if they are possessed against Manchester United tomorrow night.

The Rossoneri need to score twice to overturn a 3-2 deficit recorded in the first leg at San Siro a fortnight ago.

Speaking to La Gazzetta dello Sport, Berlusconi said: “I won't give you percentages, I'll only say that Milan can do it if they believe. And Milan believe in themselves because they fear no team in the world, not even Manchester United. Actually, it's the others who have to fear us.

We have to play a game worthy of the great Milan because it will take a possessed Milan in which everyone lifts their game without the minimum distraction until the last second.”

Asked to reveal who he thinks will prove decisive, Berlusconi said: “Ronaldinho, because he is a man of great class, capable of making the difference with his magic.

But he has to convince himself into playing further forward.”

Berlusconi then denied giving Leonardo any advice before the game.

“I like the system with Borriello and Huntelaar, it's a formula that works, but I don't want to feed other arguments.

“It's not true that I suggested it to Leo. It was, just like always, Leonardo's decision taken with full autonomy. It seemed to me that against Roma the experiment worked.”

Finally, Berlusconi had a few words for David Beckham who returns to Old Trafford for the first time as a player since he left the club in 2003.

“He has played a lot in Manchester and will want to do himself proud in front of his old fans.

“Beckham is always important for the geometry that he gives to the play and for his tactical intelligence.”

--------------------------------------------

Papi is back. My adrenaline is pumping after reading his comments! I'm telling you he is back! Milan is back! His interest, his love and his affection is back for Milan. I've been constantly noting a change in him.

His comments are SPOT ON. He has pinpointed it ideally and I am dead serious about what I am saying ... no hidden sarcasm here.

These are the values of Milan, the basis of the club. We don't need to fear ANYBODY. We don't fear ANYBODY. Anywhere, any club, any situation ..... we go out there as the reference not otherwise.

The first leg was one of our most unfortunate games under Leonardo if not the most unfortunate. It is a series of unfortunate games or rather results that we have faced in the last decade. We made mistakes and paid heavily for them. Very heavily indeed.

It's our chance to redeem ourselves. We do need a miracle any way you look at it. That is beyond question in my book. We are Milan and miracles are possible. We have to play it intelligently. No rushing game is required. A balanced game is required where good football is generally the order of the day.

M I L A N

Riferimento d'Europa

Haroon, i agree with you on your comments on Pippo, but... we badly need goals. And there is no one else in our team that can do that better than him. Neither Boriello nor Huntelaar don't posses that goal scoring instinct as Pippo. I know, Pippo is old - off form but with some luck in his ass he can bring us round further. Pato, if playing, will be marked tight, so there will the chance for an opportunist of Pippo type to grab his chance and score. In this type of games and in our present situation hard work isn't asked ... goals are demanded. If he plays even for 60 min i am sure he will score. he has scored so many important CL goals in his career, IMO, its maybe the last time we have to rely on his tired legs.
    We have nothing to lose, we can only win.

We have everything to lose by playing Pippo here .....

Utd.'s midfield is most likely going to be:

Bark, Scholes and Fletcher will be the middle 3. The front 3 will be Fanny, Looney and Valencia.

Compare that to ours:

Flamini/Seedorf, Pirlo and Ambrosini will the middle 3. The front 3 will be Ronaldinho, Hunter and Borriello.

If Pato is fit, Hunter will take the bench.

The difference here is that we are fine with the middle 3 compared to Utd. but our front 3 does not track back as much as Utd.'s front 3 does.

Somebody like Inzaghi hardly ever falls back or helps in winning back the ball. We need players who have the quality to keep the ball and pass it so that we make the Utd. players run around a bit. If you ask me I am not too disappointed if Pato doesn't make it because in the first leg he was over-exuberant and trying to do things. Evra was winning the ball off of him far too easily.

We need patience in this match and we need to be aggressive but we don't need to overdo it.

Therefore it is better to play with Borriello and Hunter who can track back but at the same time have the ball skills to thread a key pass.

Inzaghi is as clinical as they are NOWADAYS. Heck, he missed a chance in the first leg as well just like others did. It was just not our night.

If we create as many good chances tomorrow night then we do stand a good chance to score a few.

Milan needs to play as a team and I used to say .... back in the day .. Milan needs to play like an obsessed team with 100% focus ... nothing should divert our attention ... bad calls from the ref, crowd throwing prawn sandwiches at us, things not clicking for us .... nothing should deter us ..... Milan should be supernatural in the approach and continue persevering even if we are down 2-0. Heck, Utd. came back from 2-0 down in Torino. La Coruna came back from 4-1 down.

PSV came back from 2-0 down to make it 3-0 in the second leg!

We need to keep up the tempo and continue playing an INTELLIGENT game as Baresi said. A gung-ho approach is not required but at the same time we shouldn't let Utd. relax in their own home. We have to be authoritative and take the game by the scruff of the neck and try to turn the tie on its head even though it looks impossible!

M I L A N

Riferimento d'Europa