Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: UCL: RD 16 2nd Leg - Man Utd. vs. AC Milan

--------------------------abbiati------------------

-- bonera ---nesta ----- silva ------ antonini

---seedorf----------pirlo-----------ambrossini

----------------------dinho---------------

---------inzaghi----------------pato--------

with carlo in charge, we managed to beat Bayern away with 2-0. can we repeat the same performance!? i wish Leonardo was smart on tactics......

ps: filli, happy 8th of March!its your day buddy, have some fun.

Inzaghi does well against sides like Juve, Bayern, Liverpool ... i.e. teams who are structured and play organised football.

IMO, he doesn't do too well against sides like PSV, Man Utd., Real etc. because their midfields move in a different manner making it harder for our midfield and thereby not giving Inzaghi the type of opportunity that he relishes.

I think the best side to play should have Seedorf for starters.

Abbiati, Bonera, Nesta, Silva and Antonini pick themselves. Ambrosini, Pirlo look like sure starters from the midfield. The third slot is open for Seedorf or Flamini. In the front three I think Pato will start and then you have Borriello/Hunter fighting for the start with Bori getting the nod (I think). Ronaldinho will pick himself.

If Pato is not fit, I don't mind it that much to be honest because Hunter and Borriello will not go two straight games without scoring. I strongly feel that one of them will be on the scoring sheet.

There needs to be ruthless efficiency on our part.

Playing Seedorf will make life easier for Pirlo as Fletcher will not be able to focus 100% on Pirlo seeing that Seedorf is a genuine headache for Utd. Plus we need somebody like him who has a lion's heart for such a big night.

It should be interesting for sure. Even if we are going down, it would be nice to make life as hard as possible for Utd. and make them sweat for it.

One thing is for sure ... it would be heart-breaking to be so close and yet so far. I hope we can make UCL history by eliminating them but at the end of the day all it is ..... is .... basically hope and nothing more.

M I L A N

Riferimento d'Europa

I don't think an early goal is important for us. Getting the first goal of the match in the 20th min or around the 30th min is fine.

The important thing for Milan is to look in control and have Utd. flustered. It's not easy at all because it can so easily and most probably will be the opposite.

If Utd. are in ominous form and mood seeing that they will have a packed stadium behind them and a great lead going into the second leg then it come down to Milan's nerves and how we handle that situation.

This is the UCL at its finest and this is why this is the greatest club competition because you just can't get pressure like this on any night in the league. Milan will feel the pressure point. When that happens either your bollocks grow or your legs and mind freeze which is commonly known as The Onree Syndrome.

Very few players and teams thrive on the big stage, thrive under pressure and look forward to difficult situations. Very few teams and clubs get stronger under adversity.

Carlo's Milan has generally done well when the pressure is off. His Milan has generally exceeded expectations when all bets are off. This situation is worse than that to be honest.

Milan has to go out and not get flustered at ANY SITUATION. Utd. is more than likely to score the first goal. They could even be 2-0 up to make it a 5-2 tie! What happens then? Milan has to dig deep, find the inner reserve and give it our all because anything can happen and we can't expect things to go rosy.

Early goals are never that good because the stupid equalizer does come more often than not.

Scoring after the 10th min is fine but the important thing is focus, hunger, composure, will to win and mental strength in such a scenario.

Skill can't win such games. It's the mental strength that is the most important.

We were hard done in the first leg. Milan shouldn't rush it but at the same time we shouldn't fanny about too much. There has to be genuine purpose and intent in our gameplay so as to not take the foot off the pedal. I hope that the ref isn't a cock because some cocks in the past have really fucked us over really damaging our chances in the process.

M I L A N

Riferimento d'Europa

Quote Originally Posted by Ian View Post
    Dario, would you be so kind as to place a nice score prediction
    Easy: we'll go all out attack and get trashed - Man UTD 4 Milan 0

OK I'm exaggerating. I see several possibilities (in order of their likelihood):

1. The above. Playing too attack-minded and getting hammered on the counterattack (like when Roma got trashed by Utd a few years back). In this event, the tie gets embarrassing.

2. An uneventful game with Man UTD in control and keeping us at arm's length. This finishes 0-0 or a narrow UTD victory.

3. Milan play with heart, but it isn't enough. Perhaps even a narrow Milan victory. This would be like against Barca in 2006.

The one scenario I really can't imagine is Milan winning by enough goals to qualify. It just aint going to happen.

The expected line-ups according to La Gazzetta dello Sport:

Quote Originally Posted by Capo Ultra View Post
    The expected line-ups according to La Gazzetta dello Sport:

i really hope that is WRONG

SEEDORF MUST PLAY