Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Mancini to Milan

he would probably cost money though!

Quote Originally Posted by fillipo View Post
    not entirely agreeing there walker,

the mancini of roma was brilliant!

the mancini of inter.... didn't play so let's see how far he's past his glory, i hope he can be very usefull for us!

also today a statement (probarbly forced) by huntelaar and flamini that they are happy in milan and they will stay and fight for a starting spot.
    For once I agree with the orange clog wearer

Don't get too excited now Filli
    FORZA MILAN

"AC Milan will always have what it takes to win on the field of play. But even if we can't win, never say Inter."

inter also immedeatly responded by buying mariga from parma... well he's young

still i would like to see mancini, does anybody remeber that 10 time siccor trick and then score for rome....? he can do that again for us

and Ian, you mean that you now can admit that i'm right in the open

It's not a bad transfer. I wasn't disappointed reading the news to be honest. The only thing in my mind is that can we revive Mancini and bring him back to his Roma form? It might be possible but I won't keep high hopes.

The one good thing is that he was pushing for this move himself so I have a slight hope that at least he won't act like a poop-dawg and mess it up after getting the transfer he wanted.

It's been ages since we dealt with Inter in the market so this is a good step forward!

Is he eligible for the UCL? I don't think so but please confirm.

Mancini will bring some pace for us, some energy for us and some mobility. Being a winger who can score as well is good for us. We need some goalscoring threat in the midfield because we all saw that when we have some players missing like in the Derby we were left with only two goal scoring options from inside the box i.e. Ronnie and Bori. Outside the box there wasn't a genuine threat to be honest and the only threat was Beckham and Ambrosini from set-pieces.

In that respect, I think this is a step in the right direction. Getting a player who is 29 is the norm for Milan because our management believes that the player has gained experience and is ready to take a tour of the museum! We keep them till they are 34-37 while other clubs discard players as they hit 32-33.

So this Mancini is a washed up case for other clubs who are 4 years behind us but for Milan, our management sees at least 5 years in him if he settles in well. This is not a short term move. It's a long term move for us.

I hope he does well but let's give him the chance and keep the anticipation bottled up for now.

M I L A N

Riferimento d'Europa

Berlusconi: 'Why Mancini?' Tuesday 2 February, 2010

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Milan’s decision to sign Amantino Mancini from Inter has been criticised – by President Silvio Berlusconi!

“I really didn’t understand that move,” shrugged Milan patron and Italy’s Prime Minister Berlusconi while on a visit to Israel.

The club completed the loan with an option to buy at the end of the season for under 3m on the final day of the January transfer window.

“He is another trequartista, whereas what we need is someone who finishes things off by scoring goals.

“What’s more, he has barely played in two years. I did not agree with this signature and I said so to Adriano Galliani.”

Vice-President Galliani runs the day to day business at the club, especially since Berlusconi’s political career took off.

Leonardo’s squad has struggled in the last 10 days, losing the derby and crashing out of the Coppa Italia to Udinese.

“On Sunday I go to the stadium and see people crying,” he joked. “Imagine how I feel, as not only should I cry, I also pay for this team.”

-----------------

Well he is kind of right, Boriello isnt good enough, what he fails to realise is that we need a lot lot more than one striker

for once i agree with the Pedophile.

Berlusphony would be quite the douchebag if he gave approval for Mancini's transfer and now backed out in public leaving the queer out in the cold. It's a big if but it might be possible!

If he thinks we need a goalscorer then he should have approved for Dzeko's purchase or better yet ... go out and get Torres in the Summer! Fat chance of that happening.

I don't think we should be disappointed at Mancini's arrival. We could have ended up with Luca Pony for crying out loud but that was a close shave.

M I L A N

Riferimento d'Europa

precisely haroon, he now needs to back up that statement and buy a goal scorer, not a has been!