Page 3 of 43 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: The DM Movie, TV & Music Thread

dutch people can't afford tv's or dvd players, so he will never see it

Sherlock Holmes is opening soon. Robert Downey Jr. is playing Sherlock Holmes. As much as I like him, I think that Guy Ritchie has overdone the Robert speaking an English accent bit. I've only seen the trailer and from it I think he is over-doing the whole thing to quite an extent and it is annoying to say the least.

My impression of Sherlock has always been a calm, aristocratic and sophisticated detective. In the trailer I see a very different type of a Sherlock who is "trying" to be posh but actually is not. I maybe wrong but that's the impression the trailer gives out in the small acting bits of Robert Downey Jr. It's like the script and movie has been modified to be a glorified adventure of Sherlock. Over-acting seems to be the order of the day.

M I L A N

Riferimento d'Europa

Quote Originally Posted by Haroon View Post
    Sherlock Holmes is opening soon. Robert Downey Jr. is playing Sherlock Holmes. As much as I like him, I think that Guy Ritchie has overdone the Robert speaking an English accent bit. I've only seen the trailer and from it I think he is over-doing the whole thing to quite an extent and it is annoying to say the least.

My impression of Sherlock has always been a calm, aristocratic and sophisticated detective. In the trailer I see a very different type of a Sherlock who is "trying" to be posh but actually is not. I maybe wrong but that's the impression the trailer gives out in the small acting bits of Robert Downey Jr. It's like the script and movie has been modified to be a glorified adventure of Sherlock. Over-acting seems to be the order of the day.
    yeah, i am a huge Holmes fan, im not sure if you will have seen it, but there was a TV series adaptation in the 1980's with Jeremy Brett as Sherlock Holmes, and it was superb, he portrayed Holmes magnificently. Holmes was as you say a calm cerebral man, who was also a manic depressive, and Brett being one himself was IMO the ultimate holmes. He also bore a strong resemblance to early drawings of how holmes was meant to look.

The Downey junior Holmes seems to have taken on the mould of Hugh Jackman's Van Helsing! I like Jackman, but the action hero Van Helsing was BS in my opinion. But thats Holywood!

I used to follow the Sherlock Holmes TV series. It was really good.

Compare that to this popcorn flick coming up and it gives me the horrors on what Downey Jr. and Ritchie have done to the character. Robert is so over-doing his role that it actually looks like ACTING. That's really bad IMO. Even Jude Law's Watson seems to be highly unimpressive.

M I L A N

Riferimento d'Europa

DREW BASTARD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

spoiled another movie with a little boy for me to watch....

btw last week i saw 2 movies:

- into the wild
    - moon

both movies i still don't know how i feel about them, can somebody help me... are they genious? or depressing? or shit? i don't know WTF must stop smoking

Quote Originally Posted by fillipo View Post
    btw last week i saw 2 movies:

- into the wild
    - moon

both movies i still don't know how i feel about them, can somebody help me... are they genious? or depressing? or shit? i don't know WTF must stop smoking
    Let me get this straight, you watched two films but you want us to tell you how you feel about them?!?!?

I suggest you stop smoking the good shit as it's screwing with your tangerine brain!
    FORZA MILAN

"AC Milan will always have what it takes to win on the field of play. But even if we can't win, never say Inter."

2012 is number 1 in the US although it is getting pretty bad reviews. I think maybe because there is not enough competition and therefore these results are coming in like this. It has superb special effects but just like any other Roland Emmerich movie, this is based on a natural disaster from the Mayan mythology! It's all doom and gloom.

I will watch it but it's best to leave your brain out of theatre before watching it. Just follow the regime used before watching Transformers II.

Shifting to music a bit ..... anybody enjoying Timbaland's songs nowadays? I really like his songs so far. He has collaborated with Keri Hilson, Nelly Furtado and a few others and I like his style. Really good songs IMO. Music and the choices that govern it are controversial so I expect that the opinions will vary.

I wouldn't be surprised if Filli likes Boys 2 Men. Yeah, the four dudes who were always crying in their songs and were a huge hit in their day!

M I L A N

Riferimento d'Europa