Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

Thread: Chievo - Milan

It's a great result for us. Overall it's been a very good month for us. From a hopeless situation in the UCL and Serie A we have clawed our way back to joint top of the group in the UCL thanks to that incredible and historic win in Madrid and are now joint 4th in the Serie A table with Juve ahead by 3 and leaders Inter ahead by only 7.

When you consider how average we were before October, this is quite an incredible achievement thanks to the results of this month.

We are on track for our aims in the first half of the season.

It was the right and logically correct decision to keep faith in Dodo. The message sent across was right and I feel that we have seen the fruits of doing the right thing. He saved us and now his confidence will be back.

There is nothing more to add about Nesta. He symbolizes Milan no matter what anybody thinks. He is the leader of this team. One of the greatest of all time.

Milan is going out in the games with the will to win and fight. It is still not fitting in properly but there is fight in the team. A new found spirit which is helping us. Somehow we are getting the results. It will be incredible if we are in a top 2 position before the Winter Break with UCL qualification and a decent draw.

Just imagine ... Beckham arriving (which will MASSIVELY help Huntelaar and his confidence IMO) and two other arrivals who literally inject youth, pace, creativity and a lethal touch.

This Milan could then go on to do the unthinkable and seriously tick off the European elite once again!

So far it is good. We have to keep an eye out for November now. Since Ancelotti's time, I have noticed that if we start off a month well, we have a good time but if we start it in a dodgy fashion we suffer with ups and downs.

Let's keep this momentum for now. We have to capitalize on the purple patch.

M I L A N

Riferimento d'Europa

Quote Originally Posted by Haroon View Post
    It's a great result for us. Overall it's been a very good month for us. From a hopeless situation in the UCL and Serie A we have clawed our way back to joint top of the group in the UCL thanks to that incredible and historic win in Madrid and are now joint 4th in the Serie A table with Juve ahead by 3 and leaders Inter ahead by only 7.

When you consider how average we were before October, this is quite an incredible achievement thanks to the results of this month.

We are on track for our aims in the first half of the season.

It was the right and logically correct decision to keep faith in Dodo. The message sent across was right and I feel that we have seen the fruits of doing the right thing. He saved us and now his confidence will be back.

There is nothing more to add about Nesta. He symbolizes Milan no matter what anybody thinks. He is the leader of this team. One of the greatest of all time.

Milan is going out in the games with the will to win and fight. It is still not fitting in properly but there is fight in the team. A new found spirit which is helping us. Somehow we are getting the results. It will be incredible if we are in a top 2 position before the Winter Break with UCL qualification and a decent draw.

Just imagine ... Beckham arriving (which will MASSIVELY help Huntelaar and his confidence IMO) and two other arrivals who literally inject youth, pace, creativity and a lethal touch.

This Milan could then go on to do the unthinkable and seriously tick off the European elite once again!

So far it is good. We have to keep an eye out for November now. Since Ancelotti's time, I have noticed that if we start off a month well, we have a good time but if we start it in a dodgy fashion we suffer with ups and downs.

Let's keep this momentum for now. We have to capitalize on the purple patch.
    is that underhand praise for Leo?

i think the additions of Hernanes and Rafina in Jan and then Ederson next summer would be great, he has impressed for Lyon, so has UCL quality.

I didnt watch last night, but saw bits, i really feel for Hunterlaar i think his days are numbered, he might not be here when beckham returns.

No way the will not sale huntelaar this winter, and also huntelaar will not give up so easy, like haroon says, a player like beckham can really help him and turn things around, at madrid he also didn't score in the first 4 matches and then he scored like 8 times in the next 4 matches (something like that i'm not going to run after the stats)

@ian, for suarez .... he's at the moment the best player in the netherlands, totally different striker then huntelaar, very moveable, irritating little agressive fellow, with great skills and technique could be a real addition if we could get him. But again also a player... but from the other hand maybe not a worldclass mentality, like last year when the trainer didn't pamper him to much he was shit! and a crybaby... this year there's a click with the new trainer and he's on fire... all i say i don't think he's very strong mentally.

Quote Originally Posted by drew View Post
    is that underhand praise for Leo?
    Well, his team won in Madrid and stuffed them properly and that in turn means big marks from me no matter what. So, yes, I am slightly more unforgiving towards him since that magical night.

I think you will agree that we are still not "there" and the problems are there but slowly our team spirit and will to win is fighting through this awkward state our club is in right now.

Leonardo needs to add more in tactics rather than that quick counter-attack only. I think he is working on that and learning so it is fine.

The Huntelaar issue is coming up again and again. The boy is under fire and under pressure but he should be kept for the entire season IMO. You can't let him go just six months into the season. All of us know the state of our club. Only recently have we really started to create chances. Before that it was a hit and miss show going on.

When Beckham arrives, the deliveries from the right will improve massively because Beckham is one of the best at sending in the most accurate balls. Huntelaar just needs one confidence building 15 mins like Pato got in Madrid and the whole situation changes 180 degrees. He will get those 15 mins and then it is up to him to capitalize. Pippo has missed more chances than Huntelaar this season but he is not being criticized because over the years he has also scored very crucial goals.

We have Pato, Huntelaar and Borriello who are THREE very different strikers to each other. They are very different. This is what a team needs IMO. It needs dimensions. It needs surprise. It needs variety.

There is no doubt that Borriello has been the better player this season so far for us because whenever he has come on the pitch the dynamics have changed. Huntelaar had not been able to do it but he has to be more mobile and hyper-active to make things happen. It will come in due time.

I would keep Huntelaar and persist with him. He will come good. If he is an utter failure after a full season then we should think otherwise but for now let's persist with him. It's not like Pato or Ronaldinho scored last night? Or Pippo? Or Borriello? None of them did so it's wrong to target KJH only.

It will be outrageous if he scores a hat-trick versus Real Mandrill. The worldwide reaction would be out of this world.

M I L A N

Riferimento d'Europa

Oh and before I forget .... it was predictable for Seedorf having an off-night! Rest him next game, give him a "few practice minutes" next weekend so that he is ready for the "official match" with the Mandrills!

M I L A N

Riferimento d'Europa

Quote Originally Posted by Haroon View Post
    Oh and before I forget .... it was predictable for Seedorf having an off-night! Rest him next game, give him a "few practice minutes" next weekend so that he is ready for the "official match" with the Mandrills!
    its seedorfs work rate that has impressed me this season.

I like hunterlaar, and i hope he stays, but he is not silvios favourite, and i fear for his future. It will be a shame especially if the replacement is pavlyuchenko!!!!

Legendary Crudeli

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W97Rro-pya0&feature=sub[/YOUTUBE]

Quote Originally Posted by drew View Post
    its seedorfs work rate that has impressed me this season.

I like hunterlaar, and i hope he stays, but he is not silvios favourite, and i fear for his future. It will be a shame especially if the replacement is pavlyuchenko!!!!
    I am sure that KJH will quickly be in everybody's good books if:

1. He scores a crucial goal or two in a big UCL game.

2. Once he starts to score more.

Confidence is a key thing for strikers. They can have a totally off night but one goal from nowhere not only changes the game but it brings a whole new level of confidence for them. Everything from that point on changes. We have to wait for KJH. If he is missing sitters then it is debatable but we have to wait for the supply.

The only thing I would complain about him is his mobility. He needs to do more when he doesn't have the ball. There should be some scurrying going on. Some movement. Always keep your markers guessing. That aspect is lacking in him till now.

M I L A N

Riferimento d'Europa