Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789 LastLast

Thread: Tim Trophy: Milan, Juventus, Inter (English)

Well, I think it's harder to win in the EPL too. A lot more competitive league than Serie A has been for the last years.

<script type="text/javascript">

alert("I am an alert box!");

</script>
    Last edited by Gurre; 21st October 2009 at 20:44.

Sorry haroon, i missed your post

Qasa,

How would you fit VdV and Rossi in our starting line-up when we already have Huntelaar, Pato (for 1 season) and The Table King? Not to forget Seedorf, Pirlo, Ambrosini, Flamini, Di Gennaro as our midfield options as well?

We are already over-crowded in these areas IMO but the sad bit is that we are over-crowded with deadwood rather than good players with fierce competition for places.
    and yeah, that would be a pipe dream, but drew has the answer i was going for..

---------------Abbiati
    --Zambrotta---Silva--Nesta---Antonini
    ------Gattuso----Pirlo----Flamini
    ------Rossi-----Huntelaar--Pato
    You can love many women...but only ONE football club!!!

FORZA MILAN!

and to fit VDV into it, just sell Pirlo and play him infront of the wall (Gattuso Flamini)..anyway not gonna happen

FORZA MILAN!

Quote Originally Posted by Qasá View Post
    and to fit VDV into it, just sell Pirlo and play him infront of the wall (Gattuso Flamini)..anyway not gonna happen
    the news of the world (laughable source i know) says that wenger will bid for van der vaart for 6m yes, a mere 6m!

this can mean one of two things

1. VDV is a replacement for the outward bound Fabregas
    2. Wenger is adding VDV to an alkready impressive midfield lineup

or the story could be BS

If he is available for 6m, why the fuck are we not interested!

So what if we have pirlo, bringing in VDV might put pressure on him to perform better than he has for the past 3 seasons, its because he has no equal that he has become dogshit!

I still think that flamini and gattuso is overkill in the modern game, most sides play with 1 Dm, barca did, chelsea do.

---Hernanes---Flamini---van der vaart
    -----Rossi----Huntelaar----Pato

It is News of the World though. Arsene Wenger is going crazy on that sort of midfielder. He has like a bzillion of them. Fabregas Rosicky Arshavin Diaby Walcott Nasri Wilshire...Van der vaart would be overkill

I think fabregas will leave next year. If you read between the lines on Wengers in depth interview with Martin Samuel he kinda hints at it.

it goes something like. "Yes, but once you get into that position you are in a trap. When Cesc Fabregas was 18, 19, I would play him in a 4-4-2 with Patrick Vieira and I saw it did not work. Then I had the decision to make about letting Patrick go, because Gilberto Silva and Vieira worked, Fabregas and Silva worked, but I could not play Fabregas and Vieira. But Fabregas was 19 and if he did not play I knew he would want to go, so we risked destroying everything, all the work we had put into this player. Now we have that same situation with Jack Wilshere"

Where he leaves to is the interesting question.

Also mate, i hope you're right...but i think there's really no point in putting Hernanes in our fantasy line-ups anymore...that trail has gone cold.
    Last edited by Qasá; 16th August 2009 at 15:03.

FORZA MILAN!

Quote Originally Posted by Gurre View Post
    Well, I think it's harder to win in the EPL too. A lot more competitive league than Serie A has been for the last years.
    The epl is no different to Serie A IMO the main difference is the money in the epl. We all know how the top 4 will end in the epl but at least in the Serie A there are about 6 teams fighting for 4 spots.

Al the hype regarding the epl makes me sick.
    FORZA MILAN

"AC Milan will always have what it takes to win on the field of play. But even if we can't win, never say Inter."

Quote Originally Posted by Qasá View Post

Also mate, i hope you're right...but i think there's really no point in putting Hernanes in our fantasy line-ups anymore...that trail has gone cold.
    i think you are right, i have been searching in vain for hernanes news, but nothing for weeks.

it would have given fans something to be excited about IMO, the new Kaka, it would have justified selling kaka almost, like you say with fabregas being replaced by wilshire. Instead we pin all our hopes on a has been who has no motivation to play for us!

I feel sick to my stomach, i am so un excited about this new season!

Even Mr Taci may come to late to help this season, noone of use will be available in january

Quote Originally Posted by Ian View Post
    The epl is no different to Serie A IMO the main difference is the money in the epl. We all know how the top 4 will end in the epl but at least in the Serie A there are about 6 teams fighting for 4 spots.
    And what has that to do with the difficulty to win Serie A contra EPL? I think that EPL, overall (teams 1-20), is a much more competitive championship. That's makes winning harder and games more unpredictable.

I can fully understand the hype of the EPL. At least Serie A sucks if you compare those two. Serie A has less money, less stars, worse players, worse stadiums, worse supporters attending the games etc. etc. etc.

I think there is nothing wrong in admitting that. In the UCL for the last couple of years, English teams have been dominating the last knock-out phases. Every since 2004, an English team has been in the UCL final.