Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast

Thread: Tim Trophy: Milan, Juventus, Inter (English)

So Mr 7cups, you are saying our best approach now is to go back to the Carlo tactics... the tactics that pissed us off so much last season? Don't you agree this is a sad state of affairs? What happened to finding a new coach with new ideas?

Quote Originally Posted by Gurre View Post
    Why is it disrespectful to call Nesta a Laziale? It's more or less a fact, but that doesn't mean that Nesta hasn't been excellent and outmost professional.
    I think you have misunderstood what I was trying to convey. Throughout his career at Milan, Nesta has not been given the same amount of LOVE and AFFECTION from the Milan fans. When it comes to respect and admiration he has got plenty of it but the love and affection has not been the same compared to others even though the guy has been thoroughly professional and proved that he was the TRANSFER OF THE DECADE (I said it back in 2002 when we signed him and it is proved right) for us.

It is because for some he is still not a PURE Milanista because he came from a rival and his history with Lazio.

Nesta, when he retires will always be considered a MILAN LEGEND. One of the greatest defenders of all-time and one of the best ever to wear a Milan jersey but he will not get that same level or treatment as others because for some he will always be an outcast which is the sad bit.

M I L A N

Riferimento d'Europa

new tactics require new left-right back - real wings
    Pato is not a wing, Ronaldinho is not a wing (they woulf fit more a 1-2)
    this wasnt done

for the midfield, i may have agreed on selling PIRLO (for the age and the salary) but replacing him with a similar kind of player (absolutely NOT again, another defensive midfielder, 2 is much, 3 is the death of football)

there is no midfield in the world without 1 skilled midfielder.

so even if Ancelotti goes, this stays the same

then you may dislike Gattuso or Flamini, i don't, but dont pretend from them to have creativity

refresh the defence = 1 Thiago Silva, 2 hopefully left back (2 out of 4 ) with Nesta back
    that would mean that 3/4 of the last year defence was renewed (IF we sign that bloody LB) isnt it massive ? (not counting Onyewu which is only a sub)

the midfield is the same, or maybe 1 less beckham, but a Flamini (young) to play half season more - with Carlo he only played since January - and imho he's a top class defensive midfielder.

Seedorf and Pirlo are a problem if they play 55 games over 55 (Ancelotti main fault, to lower their standard performance)
    IF they play a bit less, they should get back that missing stamina

Ronaldinho disappointing

Huntelaar was the missing new striker (no change?)

of course this is NOT the perfection, but you have got some changes in the limits of the possible
    (you cant expect a teams with only 2 players to change the other 9, and the first 5 alternatives, in ONE summer campaign)

Milans big problem yesterday, was bypassing the midfield with long balls up rom Nesta, (well there was no midfield anyway...just three zombies) and the other problem is NO TEAM WORK

Ronaldinho trying too much. Pato running, dribb.ling taking everyone on. Huntelaar on the fringes.

The team was individual. No teamwork, nothing weaving everyone together.

And something else ive noticed abour Leonardo's Milan. Defense plays too high. THey get caught too much. He wants a compact team, with less space between the forwards and defense. But actually it is the reverse that has happened. TOo much space between every line, and every player in every line. This team IS NOT TIGHT. Hopefully that will come but i dont see it. That is why we are leaking in soo many goals. And not scoring enough.

Final big problem. Yes Pato is no winger. He is not effective enough playing in the 3/4 role or on the wings. Play him in attack! not on the left!

And Ronaldinho is no forward anymore. he has lost his pace, his acceleration. His strength. The best thing for him if he still wants to play, is work on his intelligence. Stop being a ball hog always involved in the build upand change his game to the new ghost striker position that the great man himself has modelled his game on for the last few years (TOTTI).

Hold up the ball, move less. Use his close control to dribble past people in the box. ALWAYS LOOK TOWARDS GOAL. and SHOOT. He still has power and great technique. Therefore should shoot more. He can still be successful. But not as a creative force. But as a finisher. A more efficient player.

===========ROMA============
    ZAMB==NESTA===THIAGO==ANTONINI
    ===GATTUSO==PIRLO==FLAMINI===
    ===========SEEDORF==========
    ========PATO==RONALDINHO====

sad but...is this the best we can hope for? That midfield is too pedestrian
    You can love many women...but only ONE football club!!!

FORZA MILAN!

i prefer more Huntelaar to Dinho in that scenario
    at least Huntelaar can fight and see the goal, dinho problems will be the same wherever you put him...
    (and he's not that strong or tall to give something in that way)

The scenario is exactly the same as last season. Minus Kaká and hunter instead of Pippo.

My big problem is with the 3 upfront. It is not good for ANYONE. It limits Pato's freedom to do what he wants. ANd it makes each of the players less effective because they are not STRIKERS anymore but FORWARDS.

The problem is Ronaldinho HAS to play. And he just simply does not fit unless in a 3 man attack. But Pato and Hunter are both better in a 2 man attack for sure.
    You can love many women...but only ONE football club!!!

FORZA MILAN!

i think we'll arrive at point where

A) Ronaldinho starts playing like we want, and ok
    B) Ronaldinho will suck 3-4-5-7 games in a row, so that even Galliani and Berlusconi will put up their hands and tell Leo to do what he thinks is the best (like Seedorf for Dinho)

+ there is Nesta back (at what level?)
    + Thiago Silva behind (yes signed in January, but on the pitch for real facts, available only now)

indeed Dinho is the hot smoking potato of our season
    for himself, or for alternatives

Quote Originally Posted by Call Me 7 Cups View Post
    i think we'll arrive at point where

A) Ronaldinho starts playing like we want, and ok
    B) Ronaldinho will suck 3-4-5-7 games in a row, so that even Galliani and Berlusconi will put up their hands and tell Leo to do what he thinks is the best (like Seedorf for Dinho)

+ there is Nesta back (at what level?)
    + Thiago Silva behind (yes signed in January, but on the pitch for real facts, available only now)

indeed Dinho is the hot smoking turd of our season
    for himself, or for alternatives
    Edited

And I go for option B)
    FORZA MILAN

"AC Milan will always have what it takes to win on the field of play. But even if we can't win, never say Inter."