Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Aly Cissokho FAILS MEDICAL CHECK

I do not want to be a party pooper but in essence we just paid as much for a player whose biggest achievement is a 15 second youtube video as certain French club paid for the best player in their league….

God have mercy on us and do not let it be another Ibrahim Ba!!!!
    in un mese hai perso moglie,tifosi e kakà,papi vendi la società

Calcio Debate: Aly Cissokho - The Perfect Signing To Start AC Milan's Life After Kaka

Milan couldn't have asked for a better left-back to go about rebuilding their squad, writes Goal.com's Sulmaan Ahmad...

Yesterday morning, I got a call from none other than Carlo Garganese. He tells me, "Milan have signed Cissokho," and I respond with a kind of bewilderment that most Milan fans have been experiencing over the past few weeks.

Losing Ancelotti, though probably for the best and encouraged by a sizeable contingent of Rossoneri fans, still felt like being jilted, with the club having gone out of their way to stand by the coach as he sunk into insignificance, only for him to jump on the first train out of town.

Or maybe that was planned. Maybe the season-long vote of confidence from vice-president Adriano Galliani was a smokescreen while the directors readied a revolution behind the scenes. What can't have been put down to pre-planning, you'd hope, was the sale of Kaka to Real Madrid.

It wasn't enough to see the bench growing mould at San Siro, to see Giuseppe Favalli move so slowly that cobwebs started forming between his one leg and the other, to see Milan fail to perform with any kind of conviction on a consistent basis. Now, they were selling their best player, one of only two in the entire squad who can still manage a sprint without keeling over and coughing up semi-digested food last seen in 1974 afterwards, and one who had designs on seeing out his whole career with the club.

With Calcio on a continuing slide of financial deterioration, it was as though Milan had no choice. All the fans could hope for was that, like when Juventus sold Zidane to Madrid in 2001 for a world record €73m, the money was spent on the best players money could buy to restrengthen all over. The fans, having long lost faith in the higher-ups at Via Turati, were not optimistic.

It is as fitting an evaluation of the manner in which Milan have been run in the past few years, then, that when I got the call from Carlo, I heard not Cissokho, but Sissoko.

To me, this seemed much more Milan. A middle-of-the-road signing in a position they already have stocked and over-stocked that would solve about as many problems for them as a new suit would for Raymond Domenech. Being a scruff is the least of his problems.

Imagine my horror and stunned surprise, then, when I came to realise the signing was not Mohammed Sissoko from Juventus, but Aly Cissokho, from Porto. Make no mistake about it, this move will prove ingenious.

I would be loathe to credit Adriano Galliani with this signing. It's so far from his usual mark that it would honestly have been less surprising to see Roberto Carlos, at 36, donning the Rossoneri jersey next season. Cissokho, surely, was a signing inspired by Leonardo.

Whoever it was, Milan need to keep going back to them for advice for the remainder of the summer. Cissokho, still only 21, made something of a name for himself against Manchester United in the Champions League quarter-final, completely dominating the left-flank in both a defensive and offensive capacity, but he's a lot more than a one-tie wonder.

He is another in a long line of golden French-African talent, of Malian descent, and he has risen through the ranks at such speed that he provides living proof that talent - real talent - stands out at any level, in any league, in any country.

Having started his career with Guegnon, in France, he was in a side that faced relegation to the third tier of French football in 2007-08, right about the time Milan were failing to get into the Champions League. He was snapped up by Vitoria Setubal and adapted seamlessly, setting alight the Portuguese Liga in just half a season.

Porto swooped in January, and the story was set to repeat itself. His star performances attracted the attention of a handful of clubs in Europe, with Tottenham thought to have been closest to signing him before, out of nowhere, he found himself at San Siro to the tune of €15m, with Porto having only paid €300,000 six months previously. His rise has been so meteoric that you're almost expecting him to sign for Real Madrid in a €30m deal in January.

This is not a No. 9 or No. 10; Cissokho plays in a position that, in most orthodox formations, is about the least significant position there is on a pitch. From full-back, he has been able to make such a compelling case for his own brilliance in such a short space of time and command a fee as high as €15m with very little top level experience - it is testament to pure athleticism, work rate and natural ability, as well as Porto's incredible scouting network and outstanding ability to get sky-high profits on their every sale.

A player like Cissokho is a real bonus in the Italian game, where wingers are scarcely utilised and there is so much more potential for full-backs to impose themselves on games. Cissokho's ability to single-handedly dominate his flank with powerful defending and roving attacks, topped with a tremendous and underrated cross, could soon put him in the same bracket as Maicon at Inter - he has far more many years ahead of him.

Thiago Silva and Cissokho in the bag, with maybe Edin Dzeko to come - certainly, Milan look like they've got the action to back up all that talk, and not a day too soon. The names might not be as big as Vidic, Lahm and Benzema, but we could talk about unavailable, overrated and overpriced options all day, Milan are so far making the best moves they can, and no fan could ask for any more than that.

We have to hold up our hands in recognition now and acknowledge Milan are finally getting it right. They may not quite be Pirlos, Rui Costas, Seedorfs and Shevchenkos - certainly not yet - but Leonardo might just have some legends in the making, and won't they just be ready to prove it when they're inevitably drawn against Real Madrid in the Champions League next season.

Sulmaan Ahmad, Goal.com

another encouraging sign.....
    hopefully he turn to be as good as they say....

im glad the club have followed him for a year, cos ive never heard of him.

However, if i believe what i read, its putting us in the right direction

yes, but Dzeko is not enough!!! We need a creative CM and a Central defender. maybe even 2. + in a perfect world we should let the kaladze's and dida's go!
    Forza Milan

ALLEGRI OUT

This is a good start. This guy seems like he could be the real deal and he's young, strong and pacy. Better to buy a young player with this type of potential than an old washed up, has been player. If we can sign Dzeko, that's another step in the right direction. If we sign Fabregas (obviously unlikely), that's a spectacular market for us. But, since that's not going to happen, sign Hernanes and a solid CB (because nobody really knows what's up with Nesta), and I think that's a pretty solid market, IMO. Throw in a good GK and it's even better.

Forza Milan

ALLEGRI OUT

I know that there are quite a few doubters and rightly so. The perspective is not wrong that we paid a lot of money for an athletic full-back. I mean 15 million EUR for a full back is a lot of money so to speak.

Heck, a couple of years ago quite a few of us wanted Dani Alves who was quite costly and turned out to be the finest shit on the planet. I think Barcelona paid over 20 million EUR for him.

If you look at A.C. from a physical perspective then he is strong, fast and naturally well built. If you look at him from the skills perspective he has to go some distance but so far he is "improving" i.e. he is on the way up.

If you look at it from the financial perspective, a player with his experience and characteristics should cost around 8 million EUR. 12 million EUR tops but Gaylliani versus Da Costa/Aulas means that we will always get the short end of the stick no matter what. That is life. The problem is that Lyon (Aulas) and Porto (Da Costa) make clubs cough up the money according to their demands. You can never get a good deal from these clubs on the financial side. They will always get the money they want for their players because at the end of the day, let's be honest here ... in the last 7 odd years, the players bought from these clubs have increased their value more often than not.

A.C. is young. From a football perspective this is a good move. This move is thousand times better than us going for Neverson, LOLiveira, Vieri, Favalli, Sheva, Ronaldinho because we went for the footballer. We went for his skill rather than his name or rather than emotional attachment.

You know that I am very aggressive towards the management and don't leave a stone unturned when they act like greedy pigs on a tight budget.

However, I don't have any problem with this transfer. Obviously, this transfer could bomb like the Dani Pure Shit Alves move but at least the intent and direction is fine with this one.

But, at the same time it is important to remain on Planet Earth i.e. RealWorld rather than Disneyland i.e. DreamWorld or Neverland i.e. Queerworld.

A.C. may not work out for us. Thiago Silva may not work out for us. Dzeko (I still think that he will join us at the end of the day) may not work out for us. You always run that risk. However, it is up to the club to minimize this calculated risk. I mean getting Pony or Adebayawn is a disastrous move even before they set a foot on the pitch. It can be predicted fairly easily seeing their current state and the clubs chasing them.

With Silva, A.C. and Dzeko, we will have 3 players at least who can potentially give us 4-6 wonderful years as all of them are hovering around 22-24. Then we can sell all of them for a quick buck and get a decent return on investment. That, obviously is a best case scenario.

These three alone can not be enough and I think everybody knows and realizes this. We still need to get rid of a lot of our players and we still need match-winners in central midfield.

I want a fast thunderbolt and dynamic Milan. We are still quite a few steps away from forming that team. Let's see what happens. I believe we are going slow so far. It would be good to have "most" of our acquisitions by the time the pre-season starts but we know with Milan it is always things at the last minute so that too is part of life.

I just hope that the queer douchebag is working day and night to ensure that we have the right players at the right time.

M I L A N

Riferimento d'Europa

Quote Originally Posted by Haroon View Post
    I just hope that the queer douchebag is working day and night to ensure that we have the right players at the right time.
    My favorite part of your post. I knew this was coming and it still cracked me up.