Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Aly Cissokho FAILS MEDICAL CHECK

good news! i'm very pleased to hear this.

i only saw him once in the porto man utd game this year, he did a good job!! but that's not a certainty for the future.

what are facts... is that it's a very strong dynamic player which we can use for sure

My friend is an FC Porto fan - I've known him for 20 years. This is what he said about our new player:

"haha, 15 million Euros, thank you Milan!!!! well he has lots of potential, very very quick and good going forward, bit suspect defensively, he was only bought for I think less then 1 million from vitoria setubal in january, last season think he was playing in the french 2nd division!!!! I was hoping he would stay for few more seasons, but that's crazy money for a player that is nowhere near the finished article!!!!"

He probably watched every Porto game last season...

Quote Originally Posted by Dario View Post
    Why were Lyon the only competition?
    They weren't the only competition. Bayern Munich, Marseille, Tottenham and Atletico Madrid were also in the running.

Last edited by Dario; 14th June 2009 at 19:42.

I think this is a transfer in the right direction. Cissokho is stronger than Clichy but runs with the same ferocity. Clichy is more slippery with better ball skills.

The thing is that Cissokho is growing at a rapid pace and perhaps this is the right time to pluck him. I know 15 million EUR sounds quite expensive but this Summer the prices have already become ludicrous due to Real entering the market in a big way so these numbers of 15-20 will be average for non-entity players while 30-50 million EUR will be the norm for better known players at the right age!

You can imagine that Dzeko's asking price is 30 million EUR while Milan were wiling to pay around 20 million EUR. In the end we ended up paying 15 for Cissokho so it is likely that if we go for Dzeko we will have to dish out 25 million EUR NOW rather than 20 million EUR which will simply not cut it!!

And to think that we got Nesta for 20 million EUR with 3 installments over three years can be termed an absolute steal! But in those days that amount seemed big.

Now we are talking about almost 100 million EUR for Ronaldo. In that respect, 15 million EUR is a very low fee. Thank Real for distorting the market!!

In any case, I am happy with this signing as this is a step in the right direction. I liked how he played versus Utd. I hope he does well. This is a difficult time for any player to join Milan and succeed so we will be able to root out the special players who survive this tough time at Milan.

Welcome to Milan Aly Cissokho. Good luck!

M I L A N

Riferimento d'Europa

I'm glad to see we're finally looking at younger players, it's about time

Regarding Cissokho, I feel it's quite a lot to be paying but then I read a comment on goal.com where someone said wingbacks are getting more expensive. Hopefully Cissokho will turn out to be a steal.
    FORZA MILAN

"AC Milan will always have what it takes to win on the field of play. But even if we can't win, never say Inter."

from goal.com
    player ratings man utd - porto

Cissokho (8): An admirable showing from a virtual unknown. His athleticism was a joy to behold. His power and strength up and down the flank was immense and he did a good job of digging out a number of decent crosses. A real prospect.

and Porto - Man utd (0-1)

Cissokho 7.5 - The highly-rated left-back was strong as United started well, and positive as Porto started to make headway. Perhaps just edged on-off personal battle with Ronaldo, but left it a tad late to start really getting forward.
    Forza Milan

ALLEGRI OUT

good job finding that. thanks.

I've got a devil in me

The Best Kaká Video Ever