Page 5 of 21 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Thread: The DM Knowledge Sharing Portal

haroon ... after all these years ... i still didnt figure out who WF u are ... dude when i see your posts it seems that for you the day lasts 54 hours in stead of 24

anyway ... ur idea is good, but the format is wrong ... i'd rather say we make a 'special' section to share our knowledge ... and it may be a bit 'dirtier' and 'more illegal' than a public forum ...

EA streamings ... i have a superb site where i can see live hd wrestling in streaming and so on and so on ... so many things we 'know' but may not say in a public place ... dm underground would be nice

cheers
    JUVE MERDA

As long as I live I'll be RED&BLACK and i fight and sing for my Milan! Milan Milan Milan!

CHI MUORE DA ULTRA VIVE PER SEMPRE ... FOSSA DEI LEONI 1968

Elchi,
    It's all about time management and utilizing every minute in a productive way. I have been really busy for the last fortnight or so and therefore have not had time to contribute to this thread. There is still loads and loads of information and it is not going to stop at electronics only.

Brick --- if you read this ... do me a favour. Go to http://www.hastens.com and pick out the address of their store in Stockholm. When you have the time, pay a visit and try out one of their EUR 52,860 beds and tell me what's so special about it? I am really bloody well intrigued about a bed that costs so much and yet it has no beautification or diamonds to beef up the price. All the concentration is on the comfort alone! Oh, and don't dress like a chav when you go there. You should be dressed up looking like somebody who can afford this bed. I will wait for your report.

M I L A N

Riferimento d'Europa

Default Audio Nirvana

I'll start to discuss the audio side of things now as I have given an overview of the video side. There are lots of big names. The equipment goes sky high in scale and price. But, yes this is true, it can move you and your hair with the sheer quality, depth and envelopment. More on this as we take a step by step to Audio Nirvana.

M I L A N

Riferimento d'Europa

Quote Originally Posted by Haroon View Post
    Brick --- if you read this ... do me a favour. Go to http://www.hastens.com and pick out the address of their store in Stockholm. When you have the time, pay a visit and try out one of their EUR 52,860 beds and tell me what's so special about it? I am really bloody well intrigued about a bed that costs so much and yet it has no beautification or diamonds to beef up the price. All the concentration is on the comfort alone! Oh, and don't dress like a chav when you go there. You should be dressed up looking like somebody who can afford this bed. I will wait for your report.
    Sorry I didn't see this post before. Hästens are supposed to be the best beds there is. My parents have one of those, although theirs "only" cost something like 5000 euros. I've of course tried it out and I slept like a baby guarded by angels and dragons, but I don't know if it's exactly priceworthy. I have to check that 50.000 one though! Will do as soon as I can

Quote Originally Posted by brickeberg View Post
    Sorry I didn't see this post before. Hästens are supposed to be the best beds there is. My parents have one of those, although theirs "only" cost something like 5000 euros. I've of course tried it out and I slept like a baby guarded by angels and dragons, but I don't know if it's exactly priceworthy. I have to check that 50.000 one though! Will do as soon as I can
    Good boy! I am waiting for your official review of that bed. It intrigues me greatly. You have to check all aspects of the bed (if you know what I mean).

M I L A N

Riferimento d'Europa

Default Audio Components

The audio side is quite exciting. Critics have complained recently that the audio side of the industry has not rapidly evolved like the video side has with the advent of high definition media. You must have noticed the influx of high-definition satellite channels (mostly 720p), high-definition movies (Blu-Ray) and high-definition trailers (available in 720p or 1080p).

So we have HTPC (home theatre PCs), source (Blu-Ray players, HD Cable/Satellite boxes), HDTVs, HD Projectors etc. but on the audio side things have not been as fast.

That doesn't take anything away from the audio side as it is an essential part. George Lucas says that audio is 50% of the experience so it gets equal weightage in the grand scheme of things.

Types of Audio
    ==========

1. Two channel (stereo) audiophile grade purist audio
    2. Multi-channel audio

It is a known fact that audiophiles still prefer two channel audio to this day. A premium two channel system can cost much more than a complete HT build!!!! Audiophile gear is big and expensive.

Types of components/services
    ===================

1. Speakers
    2. Amplifiers
    3. Pre-amplifiers
    4. DACs (Digital to analog converter)
    5. Source (CD/SACD/DVD-Audio player)
    6. Power Conditioning
    7. Room Acoustics & Design
    8. Media Server

M I L A N

Riferimento d'Europa

Default Media Server

I will commence in reverse order so I will start with Media Servers first. Media Servers are quickly becoming the preferred choice because the music library is stored in one place, available at the click of a button and most important of all available in HIGH RESOLUTION format in Apple's high-rez format or flac files which I am told sound unbelievably good compared to vinyl (LPs), CDs (lower bit rate). Ten years ago, I had a fondness for music. Now, I have a fondness to reach for that extreme level which is reference. Good music is great to hear. Good music on a great system can not be described properly. It will raise the hair on your back. It will take you in the middle of the concert. It will make you feel as if the singer is singing in your dedicated room right in front of you! It is frighteningly real!! And that my friends is why I am a sucker for technology. It's a wonderful thing if used positively and properly.

I don't think it is even a contest on who is the world's best music server manufacturer right now. It is Sooloos. The company was acquired by Meridian Audio Ltd. of UK so now Sooloos is called Meridian Sooloos. Meridian being the sharp company that they are and having this fascination for the totally digital domain (Meridian's systems are totally digital from source to speaker. No analog in between!) jumped up on the chance to acquire the best media server company.

Sooloos arranges all your library and you can play it through a touch screen at the touch of a button. It is very user-friendly just like the Kaleidescape system is for video (DVD).

It is the future but on a much more sophisticated level. Sooloos systems start from around $10,000 but it is well worth it for music lovers with large collections.

A whole house system and a cheaper but still quite excellent system is Sonos. It is quite good and within reach of many people.

I will be revealing the world's best loudspeaker system when I am finished. Lots of companies claim to be the best but there is only ONE. That one speaker system can take on all comers and I am sure just by looking at it most of you might be able to guess properly which one it is.

M I L A N

Riferimento d'Europa

Default Meridian Sooloos

Can you guys please look at Sooloos rather than her? She doesn't come with the system.

Here's a better picture.

M I L A N

Riferimento d'Europa