Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: David Beckham arrives!! (on loan)

i still consider this a work of genius! You might say Beckham is not the media and fans magnet he used to be?! Well, acmilan.com did have that many hits even when waiting for Ronaldinho's transfer to be finalized.... The shirt sales, ticket sales, media attention, adidas involvment will fill the gap that left after the champins league qualification failure...

i'm not sure how helpful will he be on the field. But some of England games showed he still has a golden boot and it's true...our wing crosses are terrible.

however, beckham earns so much money from marketing he doesn't need a galactic contract anymore... All he is focused on now is to show he is still superclass and try once more the World Cup. So he could be more than happy for joining us. Therfore, no transfer fee, salary=peanuts... marketing money...and this is already a good deal even if he doesn't play a single minute...
    "I'm gonna make him an offer he can't refuse" - Don Corleone

The news that Milan have secured David Beckham's services has been met with widespread enthusiasm, but Paul Watson offers some words of warning

Within 24 hours, a wild rumour had become widely accepted as fact - Beckham is on his way to Milan. On the surface, it seems to be a win-win situation. The ex-Manchester United star will finally realise his dream of wearing the Rossoneri shirt and can keep in shape for his England commitments while the Diavolo have added an extra weapon for three months without having to write a cheque.

However, I couldn't help but feel uneasy as Adriano Galliani proudly announced his latest swoop. Maybe it was because the shiny-headed transfer guru described Milan as a “product”, maybe it was because he sounded more concerned with whether Beckham would put bums on seats than whether the 33-year-old could still play. Whatever it was, the whole deal just didn't sit right.

The major worry is that the Rossoneri are in danger of becoming the San Siro State Circus. Like a mad professor, Galliani seems determined to collect football's most recognisable faces, regardless of their current condition. If Ronaldinho was a gamble, Andriy Shevchenko was shameless nostalgia and Beckham seems to be one for the sticker album.

While Serie A may regain the world's gaze with Beckham on board, the viewers will be tuning in for the wrong reasons. English, German and Spanish fans may watch, but they will do so with a slight smirk on their faces. Surely it would be much better for Milan to be seen as a hotbed of fresh talent rather than a retirement home?

Instead, the likes of Alberto Paloschi and Yoann Gourcuff have already had to leave to play their football elsewhere and the presence of Beckham will see still more fledgling starlets pushed further into the periphery - it's a trade-off the outgoing world champions can't afford to make if they want a successful future.

Milan may not have to pay a penny for Beckham, but when young talent is pushed deeper into the closet there's no such thing as a free transfer.

So finally, we have been termed as a circus in the press. I wouldn't mind Beckham a few seasons ago because he has his strengths. Right now, it is not about Beckham arriving but the way that queer Monkey Man thinks which is deviating from Milan's philosophy of old. At least he has been called a mad professor in this piece. Maybe with time more people with a stronger voice will realize that he is more than just a mad professor.

M I L A N

Riferimento d'Europa

well a nice article for Paul Watson. and that's all.

I could write a totall different article that would make sence, and you Haroon could write another total different article.

Thing with these things is, they have a point to prove and start talking 100% in that direction.

This is pure entertainment, and he does have some points that should be considered but i don't take it to serious because it ain't the truth it's an opinion a sensation story of somebody who was sick hearing all that Beckham glory stories.

I personally have the feeling he will have no extra value to our team on the field and that is the main thing that worries me. If he can't impress in the U.S. how the hell can he impress in Italy?

Quote Originally Posted by fillipo View Post
    well a nice article for Paul Watson. and that's all.

I could write a totall different article that would make sence, and you Haroon could write another total different article.

Thing with these things is, they have a point to prove and start talking 100% in that direction.

This is pure entertainment, and he does have some points that should be considered but i don't take it to serious because it ain't the truth it's an opinion a sensation story of somebody who was sick hearing all that Beckham glory stories.

I personally have the feeling he will have no extra value to our team on the field and that is the main thing that worries me. If he can't impress in the U.S. how the hell can he impress in Italy?
    You've identified the problem perfectly. Therein lies the dilemma. One really has to question what is so beneficial about bringing a 33 year old Beckham whose marketing graph has gone down significantly. I agree that he is a good crosser and free kick taker even now but his stamina level is nowhere near where it used to be. His work rate is not there. He may be clean at heart and want to put in a 100% effort but there is only so much the legs can do at a certain age.

It's not that I am squarely against bringing Beckham the icon. I'm questioning the timing and the need. Isn't our midfield already packed as is? That's our strongest area ... I've mentioned that quite a few times.

This is one more reason why you can't have a queer to do a man's job in a man's sport. Send this queer to manage the National women's flat chested football team of some country. He's a virus.

M I L A N

Riferimento d'Europa

with Becks arrival , Milan will have to deal with the Gay Community in Milan, which, will overcrowd San Siro every time Becks will feature. Thats also fine, must have thought Galliani, we will have more attendance than ever.

Quote Originally Posted by artan View Post
    with Becks arrival , Milan will have to deal with the Gay Community in Milan, which, will overcrowd San Siro every time Becks will feature. Thats also fine, must have thought Galliani, we will have more attendance than ever.

The last thing we need is a Milan Ultra group called "QueeRossonere Platoon" Gaylliani has his fingers crossed and he is getting closer step by step to that lifelong dream of the finest sausage fest in Milano. Imagine the celebrations after the goals! LOL!

M I L A N

Riferimento d'Europa

All this BS of Beckham arriving pushing away youngsters lower down the pecking order is nonsense.

I understand why some people are upset with this transfer, but everyone who is saying that he is in the way of Gourcuff etc have no clue.

I've got a devil in me

The Best Kaká Video Ever

I am still trying to understand what is the purpose of brining a player for 4-6 months??? At first I thought he will be just practicing with us, same as he did with Arsenal last year. But now it seems he will be a part of our roster. While Inter is buying your Brazilian talents for peanuts we are wasting our time and resources on players like Becs, Sheva, Emerson, Dida….
    in un mese hai perso moglie,tifosi e kakà,papi vendi la società