Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Gilardino joins ACFiorentina

Cash Gilardino joins ACFiorentina

Gilardino could link up again with former coach Cesare Prandelli at Fiorentina as, according to 'calciomercato.com', the Rossoneri have agreed to a 14 million Euro transfer of the attacker to the Tuscan side.

The former Parma player has apparently agreed to reduce his salary of 3.2 million, which he had with Milan, for the next two years.

The amount will instead be spread over the years - a sacrifice Gilardino is willing to make due to his enthusiasism of re-joining his mentor, who launched him into the big-time.

The official news is expected to be announced next week as Gilardino will replace the departing Christian Vieri in the Viola attack.

Fiorentina, who made it to the Champions League, are also close to signing Andrea Barzagli from Palermo in order to bolster their squad ahead of what promises to be an important season for them next year.
    -------------------------------------------------------------
    I hope this is true. he is completely useless for us. too bad becouse i really like the guy and had high hopes on him. anyway I wish him the best!
    Forza Milan

ALLEGRI OUT

idem! many hopes ... but not enough class for milan!
    thanx and goodbye

cheers
    JUVE MERDA

As long as I live I'll be RED&BLACK and i fight and sing for my Milan! Milan Milan Milan!

CHI MUORE DA ULTRA VIVE PER SEMPRE ... FOSSA DEI LEONI 1968

ancelotti's fault. This guy did a bycycle kick in the middle of Inter's defence in a Parma shirt. I don't think you can get any classier than that.

You can't be for real? Have you seen the misses that Gilardino has made over the years? Many of them my grandpa would've scored.

I really like Gilardino and had a lot of hope for him. But unfortunately he is just not enough for a big club like Milan. Let's cash in on him, Oliveira and Borriello and get Eto'o/Benzema/Berbatov or whatever.

The mistakes hes made were all Carlo's fault. I will defend Gilardino till the end, because he did not become a bad player when he wore Milan's shirt, it was Carlo that made his stay hell, just like he did to Rivlado, Gourcuff, and what hes about to do to Pato.

haha what a joke.

I've got a devil in me

The Best Kaká Video Ever

Gila is a big player in a small club and he requires a system with width where he can excel on the crosses.

The pressure at a club like Milan is unmatchabe for a club like Fiorentina who are not exactly a small club but a club with lower expectations. Gilardino will fit there like a glove.

For players to succeed at high pressure high expectation clubs like Milan, mental strength is paramount and the rest comes later.

I wish Gilardino the best wherever he goes. I believe that 15 million EUR rumoured fee is also fair so it is a good solution for both clubs involved.

M I L A N

Riferimento d'Europa

Quote Originally Posted by claud3 View Post
    The mistakes hes made were all Carlo's fault. I will defend Gilardino till the end, because he did not become a bad player when he wore Milan's shirt, it was Carlo that made his stay hell, just like he did to Rivlado, Gourcuff, and what hes about to do to Pato.
    You are so wrong that it is funny.
    Gila has had more chances than any others player that I have ever seen us buy. He simply crumpled under the pressure here. His playing style doesn´t fit Milan at all, he only works if there are lots of crosses and lots of players working for him, and that is not the Milan way. We have always had classy strikers who could do things on their own, Van Basten, Weah, Sheva, now Pato.
    Why do you think that a real gem like Pato has made a much bigger impact than Gila did?
    Gila had all the chances in the world last year with a Oliveira in no form, an injured Pippo and Borriello to compete with and still he managed to do close to nothing.
    I was so hopeful when we bought him but he has done very little for this club, a few crucial goals and a lot of tap-ins that every half decent striker would have scored as well.

Gila is just not a top striker, it is as simple as that. You should accept that instead of blaming Carlo.

He made Gourcuff´s stay a hell? Maybe you should rather ask why Gourcuff has been rubbing all his team mates the wrong way?

Pato? Pheff... that statement is just an example of the lack of logic in your post

I wish Gila the best, he will do well for any mid level club and probably score a few against us.

Sing when we are winning, sing when we are losing
    The core of Milan is
    Red & Black blood, and not silverware and gold