Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Milan-Inter

Wonderful match and result! We dominated for 70 mins. and it was a huge team effort and the players fought very hard to win and they deserve all the praise.
    What makes it especially sweet, apart from the fact that we beat inter, that Fiorentina lost and Mutu was sent off, is that Inter had arrogantly proclaimed that they would throw us out of the CL.

This is a f****** wonderful day!

Sing when we are winning, sing when we are losing
    The core of Milan is
    Red & Black blood, and not silverware and gold

Quote Originally Posted by Mathiasv View Post
    Agree. Kalacs grinta was also wonderful to see.
    Glad you noticed that too.

I felt so proud seeing him angry when Pippo missed all those chances in the first half and how he celebrated the goals.

Honestly, I don't ever remember Dida being that way. But I guess thats purely down to character.

I've got a devil in me

The Best Kaká Video Ever

Quote Originally Posted by jani View Post
    Glad you noticed that too.

I felt so proud seeing him angry when Pippo missed all those chances in the first half and how he celebrated the goals.

Honestly, I don't ever remember Dida being that way. But I guess thats purely down to character.
    yes, I liked that too... His character is great, really a team-player... but just second choice, not first option

I've always thought a goalkeeper shouldn't act like e.g. Dida but more like Kalac today. Grinta, giving strength from far down the pitch.

Good game, well deserved victory. I think everyone contributed and every each one should be credited. Seedorf wasn't that brilliant but on the other hand he had defensive duties as he defended out wide helping Favalli/Jankulovski. He contributed without shining.

A team victory IMHO.

This was the most satisfying win of the season by far! Even if Fiorentina had won today, the satisfaction of Inter being outplayed and fearing Milan even when being the superior team in Serie A over the season was absolutely priceless!

They were spineless and all the pre-game trash talk back-fired on them really badly.

Milan was all over them from the word go. There was an urge driving on Milan to pull a fast one on Inter. That drove the team.

Queercini looks to be back to his brilliant best in derbies. He's a derby slayer for his teams!

M I L A N

Riferimento d'Europa

It could hardly have been a better Sunday afternoon for Milan. Brilliant play for most of the game, we should have been in front before ht, but couldn't capitalize the chances. 2nd half Milan finally broke through, suffered a bit more then we should have, but rightfully got the a huge win. If only Roma had not dropped a few silly points, these merdazzurri clowns would seriously be sweating it now.

Ambro was huge, in just about every phase of the game...he is the captain after Maldini leaves, it shoud not even be up for discussiont imo.
    Kaka great, Pippo decisive again, these two have come on at the perfect time of the season.
    The defence was solid, Nesta in particular, Just about everyone did a solid job.

Big, big win...as it always is with the derby, especially this one...and especially that it allows Milan to control it's own path to reach the 4th spot, it still won't be easy...but at least now it's in Milan's hand.

FORZA MAGICO MILAN!!!!!!!
    ^^^^FORZA VECCHIO CUORE ROSSONERO^^^^

Everything has already been said, but I just wanted to say: FINALLY! What a great fucking win!

FORZA MILAN!

Serie A Week 36 - 4/5/08 (14.00 UK)

Milan 2 - 1 Inter
    Inzaghi 52 (M), Kaka 56 (M), Cruz 76 (I)
    Stadio Meazza

Pippo Inzaghi and Kaka won a dramatic derby that ruins Inter's Scudetto celebrations, cutting their lead to just three points!

Rarely has a Derby della Madonnina been so highly charged, as Inter could win the Scudetto and rub their rivals' noses in it, while Milan needed a victory to maintain any hope of reaching a Champions League spot. Bragging rights were also at stake, as the Nerazzurri were on track for a fourth consecutive derby triumph.

There were no suspension worries, but Nelson Dida, Ronaldo, Paolo Maldini, Emerson, Serginho, Olivier Dacourt, Zlatan Ibrahimovic, Walter Samuel, Ivan Cordoba and Luis Figo were injured. Nuno Maniche was a surprise choice when Dejan Stankovic failed to recover from a muscular problem, while teen prodigies Alexandre Pato and Mario Balotelli were on the bench.

The Rossoneri had the stronger start with Massimo Ambrosini and Clarence Seedorf firing wide, while Kaka caused quite a few problems for Nelson Rivas. Julio Cesar parried an Inzaghi strike and Inter were pinned back into their own half.

Inzaghi was inches away from getting his head to a dangerous Daniele Bonera cross from six yards out, while Zeljko Kalac smothered a Maniche strike from distance. Giuseppe Favalli went off with an ankle injury, making way for Marek Jankulovski.

In first half stoppages Kaka lobbed a cross into the six-yard box where Inzaghi's diving header incredibly squirmed wide of the target!

The deadlock was finally broken on 52 minutes, as Kaka got down the right flank and crossed for Inzaghi's header. It was SuperPippo's ninth goal in five games.

Instead of fighting back, Inter seemed to crumble as Milan came forward in waves and Seedorf fired over. Five minutes on Kaka doubled their lead, as Ambrosini dispossessed Patrick Vieira for the Brazilian to slide an angled drive into the far bottom corner.

After this second goal the Nerazzurri decided to get into the game, as Kalac parried a Maniche effort with his knee and Hernan Crespo drilled wide. The whole match turned on its head with Inter now dominating, Kalac palming a Douglas Maicon rocket over the bar and Balotelli on for Maniche.

Crespo wanted a penalty for a Bonera challenge on a corner kick, but play was waved on.

Inter halved the deficit with a curling Cruz free kick that went over the wall and left Kalac rooted to the spot with 15 minutes to go. Inevitably, it meant the Nerazzurri pinned Milan back into their own half, while Pato replaced Inzaghi to take advantage of the counter.

Marco Materazzi's header from a corner was wide, but there was another free kick from a similar position and this time Cristian Chivu went for the near top corner with Kalac's great save.

The final kick of the game was a set piece for Inter after Jankulovski's crunching tackle, but Chivu turned it way over.

Milan: Kalac; Bonera, Nesta, Kaladze, Favalli (Jankulovski 41); Gattuso (Brocchi 66), Pirlo, Ambrosini; Kaka, Seedorf; Inzaghi (Pato 77)

Inter: Julio Cesar; Maicon, Rivas (Maxwell 81), Materazzi, Chivu; Vieira, Zanetti, Cambiasso; Maniche (Balotelli 65); Cruz, Crespo (Suazo 72)

Ref: Rosetti

Channel 4
    ---------------------------------------------------------

FORZA MILAN
    FORZA MILAN

"AC Milan will always have what it takes to win on the field of play. But even if we can't win, never say Inter."