Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 4567891011 LastLast

Thread: UCL 2007-8 - Mockba!

Well, I can't say the scenario you bring up won't happen, because it is a strong possibility. The best teams over the whole UCL-campaign sometimes falls short in the final. But on the other hand, sometimes they win the final too. Barcelona the in 2006, they were a class of their own.

I also can see a point in this theory of strong UCL-teams, but it's not a general rule. See, Chelsea beat Liverpool, Roma Real Madrid and Arsenal beat Milan. All teams crashed out against so called "pretenders". I really don't see why United wouldn't be able to win 3 finals out of three just because they don't fit into your frame of UCL-giants.

Silly discussion anyways. I won't drag this further. I think United deserves it and will win it. You don't. Don't think it's need to bring up backing to these opinions more than we've done.

Go Chelsea!!!!! It would be so sweet if they stole both the CL and Premier from Man Utd.

Maybe Sheva will play last two minutes of the final.
    in un mese hai perso moglie,tifosi e kakà,papi vendi la società

shevchenko will not feature at the final. Reason: Cristin has booked Sheva that day to wash her slips

LOL!! Sheva will come on the field in the 89th minute and score the winner in 90th minute of the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Walker View Post
    LOL!! Sheva will come on the field in the 89th minute and score the winner in 90th minute of the game.
    Then he will kiss the chelsea shirt thus eliminating any chance of a return to Milan
    FORZA MILAN

"AC Milan will always have what it takes to win on the field of play. But even if we can't win, never say Inter."

Quote Originally Posted by Ian View Post
    Then he will kiss the chelsea shirt thus eliminating any chance of a return to Milan
    Fucking bless him!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Gurre View Post
    Well, I can't say the scenario you bring up won't happen, because it is a strong possibility. The best teams over the whole UCL-campaign sometimes falls short in the final. But on the other hand, sometimes they win the final too. Barcelona the in 2006, they were a class of their own.

I also can see a point in this theory of strong UCL-teams, but it's not a general rule. See, Chelsea beat Liverpool, Roma Real Madrid and Arsenal beat Milan. All teams crashed out against so called "pretenders". I really don't see why United wouldn't be able to win 3 finals out of three just because they don't fit into your frame of UCL-giants.

Silly discussion anyways. I won't drag this further. I think United deserves it and will win it. You don't. Don't think it's need to bring up backing to these opinions more than we've done.
    This year we have two teams in the final who are not a part of the Alliance. It was not the year of the UCL greats. It can happen from time to time. It happened in 2006 as well which was also a somewhat similar season ....

Milan lost to Barca in the SF. Pool in the RD-16 to Benfica, Real to Arsenal in the QF etc ....

We can't pick and choose specific seasons. That is why the broader picture needs to be looked at and that is why I feel that Utd. won't win it because their 120+ year history suggests that they don't reach UCL finals very often. They have won 2 out of 2 but winning 3 out of 3 is not likely because a select few clubs have done it and they are all UCL great clubs.

Eventually, Utd. or some other club will join the Alliance once they win 5 or 3 in three seasons so it could happen. Just looking at Utd.'s history combined with Slur Alice's peasant type of a UCL record which is pathetic, I don't feel they will win it.

They just got slightly lucky that they are facing a team who will be at this stage for the very first time in their history like Dortmund was in Munich when they faced Juve. There is a small similarity.

It will be Chavski in their homeland seemingly playing a home match just like Dortmund played in Germany and Juve played in Rome against defending champs Ajax.

The trophy has never gone to London. The biggest city never to see the cup. Plus, Chelsea has been craving for this trophy for quite some time now!!!

Utd. and their fans in general have always loved and wanted the EPL title historically. They prefer it more. That is showing disrespect to the greatest club trophy IMO. The prawn munchers and closet prawn munchers like Drew don't deserve the UCL.

Only Slurgy desires to win one more. It won't be unjustified if Utd. win it. They deserve it. The chavs deserve it as well for coming from nowhere and standing shoulder to shoulder with Utd. in May! Amazing from them.

I just hate A. Hole, Chavcuntho, Kuntyon, aBRAmo-snitch. It's bad for football when these things win it.

But ... Drogba, Cech, Ballack, Essien, Lamps, Carvalho and Faun Cherry to an extent deserve it for what they have done in the last 4 seasons. They're a good bunch.

Ukelele has already won a few!! Freak!!

I am finding it hard to decide. Would I prefer A. Hole and Chava group hugging in remorse or would I prefer Ronaldo and Gary Chuckle group hugging in remorse!! That is a tough one for me. I'll decide after judging which camp is the more arrogant lot come May 21, 2008.

That and the fact that the trophy will be lifted by Faun Cherry or Flea-o Ferdinand makes me wanna puke!

Should be a good final. Liverpool reaching it would have been good because their fans would have travelled all the way to Moscow and spending cash. It's good in the long run so that they finally understand why Milan fans couldn't travel in drones to Istanbul or Athens. Heck, our fans have been travelling like crazy around Europe for the last 20 in BIG NUMBERS .... that money alone could buy us an entirely new team!

Pool has just started an era in 2005. So going to Istanbul, Athens and Moscow would have started to pinch their pocket now. The numbers already dropped drastically from Istanbul to Athens and more would have stayed back for this trip. And more would stay back for next season in Rome. That one has already got a historical significance for them.

Funny thing ... that Liverpool's last great era had a few finals happening in Olympic style stadia and this era also coincides with finals in Olympic track stadia!

Well .. they lost their second semi in 43 years and have lost only once in a final in an Olympic track stadium i.e. last season in Athens!

It takes big balls and history to eliminate UCL greats in a good era. Fact.

M I L A N

Riferimento d'Europa

Quote Originally Posted by Walker View Post
    I wouldn't mind that if it is an own goal that takes the game to extra-time with Sheva missing a sitter and then missing the penalty to make it a complete night for himself.

4 from each side will decide it:

1. Ballack
    2. Drogba
    3. Terry
    4. Essien

1. Ronaldo
    2. Rooney
    3. Ferdinand
    4. Hargreaves

The four guys who are on top form and more hungry will win it for their team. It's all down to pure hunger and will to win now. Tactics are out the window.

M I L A N

Riferimento d'Europa