Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: UCL 2007-8 - Mockba!

Quote Originally Posted by Gurre View Post
    I could see Manchester United win it, because I think they truley have a fantastic team this year. I don't like them, but I have to admit their dominance. Take yesterday's game for an example - they put Rooney and Ronaldo on the bench and still managed to beat Roma. Plus Vidic out and Ferdinand not playing 100%!

They have every ingredient to win it all this year. Depth, young hunger, experience, talent, strong in every part of the team - you name it. They deserve both UCL and EPL IMHO.
    Utd. have everything except being tested in the competition once. Roma are the biggest pansies of the UCL. Coppa Italia is in their DNA. They win a Scudetto every 35 years or so.

When the time comes for Utd. to test their nerves we will see what they are made up of. Plus every positive they have is cancelled out by the fact that their coach is Slurgy Red Nose Alice and he knows fvck all about the UCL.

This UCL is Rafa's to take now.

M I L A N

Riferimento d'Europa

I'd like to say, i really want Chelsea to win it...

Funnily enough though look at this

Barca are supposedly in a "state of crisis" now. Only winning the Champions league will spare their blushes, and paper over the obvious imbalance in their team. Let's take a look at something

R16 - Celtic
    QF - German Team
    SF - Man U
    F - Potentially Liverpool?

Does this sound familiar to another team that papered over massive cracks whilst in a state of crisis only just a year ago?
    You can love many women...but only ONE football club!!!

FORZA MILAN!

Quote Originally Posted by Qasá View Post
    I'd like to say, i really want Chelsea to win it...

Funnily enough though look at this

Barca are supposedly in a "state of crisis" now. Only winning the Champions league will spare their blushes, and paper over the obvious imbalance in their team. Let's take a look at something

R16 - Celtic
    QF - German Team
    SF - Man U
    F - Potentially Liverpool?

Does this sound familiar to another team that papered over massive cracks whilst in a state of crisis only just a year ago?

That's very interesting. I want Barca or Chelsea to win. Barca because they are a non english team, Chelsea for two reasons; 1. Sheva last year watch the team he left lift the cup and now he would be in the stands again while Chelsea lift the cup, and 2 because Chelsea fans seem to love Jose and dislike Grant, I think it would be funning if Grant won the only trophy Jose didn't win there in his first year.

Qasa, Castagnola, Walker and Gurre,

Guys ... you have all got valid points and some interesting patterns and reasoning for picking your winners.

At the end of the day one or few of you might be the ones with the correct prediction and I might be the one with the wrong one.

My reasoning is based on Liverpool's UCL pedigree and the fact that they have by far the best UCL coach right now amongst the 4 coaches left. Pool just like Milan, Real, Bayern and Ajax have that killer instinct right now. They are so close to the trophy and their team is well balanced as well.

Barcelona and Utd. will cancel each other out because both of them are massively over-rated and extremely poor in the UCL. I don't think either of them will win it when you look at their history.

I don't see Utd. reaching three finals and winning all three. They are due a loss. I don't see Barcelona reaching 2 finals in 3 years and winning both of them. I mean they have a history of losing finals and under-achieving. All of a sudden winning 2 finals in 3 years is not happening. That would mean Barca winning consecutive UCL finals when they reached them. It just doesn't sit well in their history pattern.

That leaves Chelsea and Liverpool. Obviously Chelsea has the big edge here. It is all set up for them ..... Final in their hometown. Roman with his connections and UEFA being lenient with them now that Mourinho is no longer their coach.

Plus, the second leg is in Little Russia this time instead of Anfield so Liverpool will need to rely on their away game a bit more than usual.

Maybe it is third time lucky for Chelsea after all but there is an element of choking in them as the stage gets bigger. I noticed this in their SF ties. They just freeze up. You can see it in their body language as well.

Liverpool in Torres now have a goalscorer who can nick a goal or two.

I want the Star Alliance member to win it once again. The European Star rules and it is on the arm of a handful of great football teams for a good reason!

Saying that, I am really looking forward to the SF ties. They should be incredible. Yes, both the ties. I have a feeling that the Pool - Chavski tie will be a cracker rather than a borefest.
    Last edited by Haroon; 11th April 2008 at 07:56.

M I L A N

Riferimento d'Europa

Saying Man Utd. is extremley poor in the UCL has been true, but not this year! Maybe they will come in a negative period, I can't say they won't, but so far they have practically maneuvered every single away game they played - such as 1-1 at Lyonnais, 2-0 at Rome. And to be honest, the way they played away games this year have been pretty similar to the killer UCL-teams as Liverpool and Milan. They don't play that well, but they are smart, compact, and in some mysterious way they score goals from nowhere.

They may not have that UCL-killer instinct, but I think they have enough of everything to win it this year. My personal opinion. Maybe it's time for another "pretender" to win it.

ManU to go all the way IMO. they have everything!! great player on every position + also very important a killer bench.
    Forza Milan

ALLEGRI OUT

Quote Originally Posted by Gurre View Post
    Maybe it's time for another "pretender" to win it.

Forza Liverpool - Forza Star Alliance!

You'll Never Walk Alone.

M I L A N

Riferimento d'Europa

YOU WILL NEVER WALK ALONE!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ka_eBOpLP_g

FORZA two goalless draws and win on penalties
    CAMPIONE DEL MONDO!!!