Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: UCL 2007-8 - Mockba!

Quote Originally Posted by fillipo View Post
    what a rush by walcot!! 70 meters lost 4 men a gave a brilliant assist!!! superb!!1

to bad only 30 seconds later pool gets a penatly and are upfront again

Liverpoop getting a penalty at home? Surely some mistake...
    FORZA MILAN

"AC Milan will always have what it takes to win on the field of play. But even if we can't win, never say Inter."

a real shame, arsenal deserved it!! they play from time to time great football

the penalty, eboue didn't really made a foul but he made it impossible for babel to go through

The penalty was 50/50, it wasn't one of the most obvious I've seen but it was alright to give it.

Too bad for Arsenal, I actually feel for them. They played great in the first half. The first 30 they were completely fearless against Liverpool, in Anfield road. From time to time, I would even say Liverpool were outclassed.

Considering the first leg, I truly think Arsenal should go through. No penalty for Hleb (the most obvious this decade) and that damn dane standing in Fabregas way! In any case, Arsenal showed that they are able to perform on a very high level against high-profile sides such as Milan and Liverpool, even when they are away from home. If they can build from that, and add some UCL-spice such as Seedorf, they can be lethal.

Kudos to Liverpool and Rafa Benitez, though, who like Milan have in the past shown what a great UCL-side they are. They prevail during the most odd circumstances. They could very well go through and win the whole, damn thing, but personally I think they won't beat Chelsea a third time around in the semi, escpecially since this time, the second leg is in London.

Bravo Fener! They played very good and have chances till the final whistle Zico choosed the only right tactics - capture the ball from Chelsea. The culmination of the match was 10 minutes before the end of the match - Hilario made 2 saves (one was after ricochet) and then Lampard (symbol of Chelsea) scored second goal.

During the match, turks very timely informed about score changes in another match, therefore I was in time for turning to the other channel and watching of repeats of goals.

Before the first 1/4 matches, I bet that Liverpool, MU and Barcelona will reach 1/2, so I supported Pool against Gunners.

Now imagine, the score became - 2:2 and after a minute I change the channel to watch repeat of Arsenal's goal and what I saw? ... Gerrard was going to execute penalty - run, kick, goal!
    CAMPIONE DEL MONDO!!!

Too bad for Arsenal. They played really well and they have themselves to blame for this result.

Torres once again scored a critical goal to give the edge to Pool. Adebayor missed a sitter and then later on Walcott set him up beautifully. What a brilliant run!

I think Arsenal could have easily held on to the 2-2 had that Babel run come a little later on! The problem was it came 30 seconds right after and teams barely settle down very quickly. That was the big error on Arsenal's part IMO. They just lacked that little bit of experience to remain calm after taking the tie in their hands.

Liverpool, on the other hand showed their maturity and resolve to get through again on a high pressure night. Chelsea has the edge of playing at home this time with Ballack in good goal scoring form. Liverpool have a true striker as well this time who is a threat.

Should be a super tie. Benitez must have water in his mouth seeing the opposition coaches .... Grant, Rijkaard, Slur Alice .... he is by far the best UCL coach left in the competition. Number 6 is within touching distance for Liverpool if they keep it tight at the back and can suppress their excitement while remaining calm and focused.

I think many would be surprised if Barca and Utd. don't go through tonight. I want a Liverpool and Utd. final in Moscow. Time for an all-English final between the two most successful sides in England.

I still believe the winner will come from Liverpool's half i.e. Pool or Chavski Mockba.

M I L A N

Riferimento d'Europa

De Rossi .... oh brother! For somebody to put in 94% accuracy in passing and then blast one over the bar was a pretty sloppy piece of work.

Utd. could have scored a lot but Doni kept them in it. Roma was messing about in the final third. They are eons away from big match play capability. Coppa Italia is in their DNA. They don't have the ability to remain calm on the big stage.

Reaching back to back QFs in consecutive seasons is something special for them. They're not used to this. Heck, they couldn't get past the group stages till not too long ago.

They need to improve their mentality rather than getting a stock of players. I really think that getting Gilardino will not help their cause one bit. They did really well when they had Batistuta and also did well when they had Montella.

Maybe they can try to lure Shevchenko or Crespo. I would have said Onree but getting a choker will not help their cause. Barcelona are a bunch of bigger bottlers since he joined. The choking influence is rampant for the Blaugrana since the Legendary bottler joined them.

I think that somebody like Crespo would really help their cause. He has experience and the knack for scoring goals. Gila along with Crespo would help but Gila alone wouldn't.

They could also use some experience at the back as Totti is present in the midfield.

I just think that they lack maturity and exposure right now. The best buys that Roma can make is to gather some seasoned players. That will help them improve to build on what they have.

Players like De Rossi, Mexes, Aquilani and Vucinic need to grow further mentally.

While the experienced players like Totti, Panucci etc. need to step up a bit because they are experienced but they still lack the calmness and leadership qualities of real big players like Nesta, Maldini, Seedorf etc.

Two buys like Seedorf and Crespo would really really make Roma a changed side for the better.

It's good to see a Utd. and Barcelona clash after seeing them thrice in the 1998-1999 campaign. Obviously the press will use this as a stimulus to re-ignite the memories of that treble season! It won't happen though IMO as I think the winner is coming from the other half. I am hoping for a Liverpool win.

They are the only ones left who wear the European Star and are the only flag-bearers left from the Great Clubs. The rest are all pretenders!

Have you guys noticed how much domination have we seen from the Star Alliance [European Star clubs] this decade [1998-2008]?

2008 - ?
    2007 - Milan
    2006 - Pretender: Barca
    2005 - Pool
    2004 - Pretender: Porto
    2003 - Milan
    2002 - Real
    2001 - Bayern
    2000 - Real
    1999 - Pretender: Man Yoo
    1998 - Real
    1997 - Pretender: Dortmund
    1996 - Pretender: JuBe

1995 - Ajax
    1994 - Milan
    1993 - Cheating Pretender: Marseille
    1992 - Pretender: Barca
    1991 - Pretender: Crvena Zvezda
    1990 - Milan
    1989 - Milan
    1988 - Pretender: PSV

A member of the Star Alliance [Real, Milan, Liverpool, Bayern, Ajax] has won Big Ears 11 times in the last 19 years which is incredible and just goes to show that winning this trophy is not LUCKY, FLUKEY or by CHANCE! All these pretenders or their fans don't understand it and therefore continue their great tradition of flopping, under-achieving or failing in it again and again.

I want Liverpool to wipe away these three pretenders and show why they are a member of the STAR ALLIANCE. It will be difficult for sure but I hope that one more time True UCL Pedigree shows its prowess!

Star Alliance vs. Europa

Rafa > Avram Prank, Frank Wrongcard & Slurgy Red Nose Alice

You'll Never Walk Alone.
    Last edited by Haroon; 10th April 2008 at 13:34.

M I L A N

Riferimento d'Europa

I do not want Pool to win as it would bring them up closer to our 7 wins. I will root for Chelsea.

PS. Also I hope Galliani is on top of things as Sheva made it to the bench yesterday.
    in un mese hai perso moglie,tifosi e kakà,papi vendi la società

I could see Manchester United win it, because I think they truley have a fantastic team this year. I don't like them, but I have to admit their dominance. Take yesterday's game for an example - they put Rooney and Ronaldo on the bench and still managed to beat Roma. Plus Vidic out and Ferdinand not playing 100%!

They have every ingredient to win it all this year. Depth, young hunger, experience, talent, strong in every part of the team - you name it. They deserve both UCL and EPL IMHO.
    Last edited by Gurre; 10th April 2008 at 15:39.