Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 56789101112 LastLast

Thread: UCL RD-16: 2nd Leg - Milan Vs. Arsenal

Quote Originally Posted by Ian View Post
    4th place? we have more chance of winning the cl

2-0 now
    Haroon my good friend...I recall telling u after the draws came out that arsenal werent going to be push overs. I bet you're eating your words now as I lick my wounds eh?....anyway it's good to hear Kaka say we need to revitalise our team - it was too big an insult for us to lose by 2 GOALS!!! at home. Geez..my tail's still within my legs but where I come from, they say you laugh off issues that are beyond tears

Its time to reposition. I'm not sure we can make the 4th position either but that in itself will make more case for repositioning. What do you think guys?

Forza Milan

Quote Originally Posted by Walker View Post
    I wonder if Carlo has trouble sitting down now, after he got *** ****ed by Wenger. We were outplayed in every single aspect of the game!!! Carlo just named the starting eleven and told them to shoot at the other goalie. We had no game plan whatsoever!! NONE!!! ZEROO!!!NADA!!! What a shamefull display. I hope this is the end of this miserable bastard as a Milan coach. He broke yet another record as Milan have never lost at home to an English side before !!Ole...Ole........Ole....Carlo...Ole......

UEFA Cup here we come!!!!!!

Oh and great thanks to Pirlo for the first goal. He was trying to assist Arsenal all night long. But only a master like himself could leave the best for last.
    This is such typical sad and ignorent reply by dissappointed fans that I had hoped that we would awoid.
    Of course everybody are intitled to their own opinion, but this belongs in a Inter forum.

Back on topic.
    This had to happen sooner or later. The team, powerful as it was, was build in a unflexible way. Our only plan was to have players like Kaká, Pirlo or Seedorf to do something unexpected, open up the game with some stroke of magic, and the rest of the time the defence and the midfield was to take out the pace of the game. It worked against every big team that we have faced, except for Arsenal. They are so fast, so ambitious and unimpressed. They had a lot more strings to play than us, and understood to frustrate Kaká and Pirlo and pretty much took them out of the game.
    In a way I am glad that it was Arsenal who beat us, a team build in the exact opposite way than ours. It should give our management a hint that buying experienced players is not the holy grail to succes.
    We will be back, as long as we manage to hold on to the backbone of the team, Nesta, Kaká, Pirlo, Pato and Rino we will do alright.
    What is interesting is where we go from here...
    Last edited by Nicolas; 5th March 2008 at 11:51.

Sing when we are winning, sing when we are losing
    The core of Milan is
    Red & Black blood, and not silverware and gold

we all saw it coming, arsenal thoroughly deserved the win, pirlo was nothing short of woeful, giving the ball away for fun, we were outrun in midfield, pato was ok at times, but what do we expect of an 18 year old. thought maldini was our best player, oddo did ok, kalac was solid overall, cant really blame him for fabregas' goal, it was a great and unexpected strike. Kaka is no longer the worlds best player, whether its injuries, confidence, or playing in a poor side, he is way off form at the moment. We were the second best side overall, like nico says, our game plan revolves around seedorf or kaka winning the game with a moment of genius. you can continue in football today like that. Arsenal are the perfect example of a TEAM, not great individuals. Now the changes must ring with carlo, we have paid the price for putting all our eggs none basket, our season is now over, and we prob wont make the CL next year. Simon said it would take this to ring the changes, lets hope it does now. The best manager in the world is jobless (Jose) lets go and get him ffs.

Were not the best in europe, or italy, and not even milan.

Quote Originally Posted by alalekay View Post
    Haroon my good friend...I recall telling u after the draws came out that arsenal werent going to be push overs. I bet you're eating your words now as I lick my wounds eh?
    Alalekay,

My thoughts at the time of the draw will obviously change as the game gets closer. You can read the first three pages of this thread before kick-off to see how I really felt (not that confident) and that was mainly due to Seedorf's injury IMO which really made our midfield brittle IMO. My reaction post after Filipez posted the possible line-ups says it all prior to kick-off.

P.S. Nothing much will happen. A change here or there is what one should expect. We will continue on this path for some time before we start rising again. We will be challengers in Europe by 2010-11 but not before IMO.

M I L A N

Riferimento d'Europa

Quote Originally Posted by drew View Post
    we all saw it coming, arsenal thoroughly deserved the win, pirlo was nothing short of woeful, giving the ball away for fun, we were outrun in midfield, pato was ok at times, but what do we expect of an 18 year old. thought maldini was our best player, oddo did ok, kalac was solid overall, cant really blame him for fabregas' goal, it was a great and unexpected strike. Kaka is no longer the worlds best player, whether its injuries, confidence, or playing in a poor side, he is way off form at the moment.
    Kaka's form directly correlates to the formation - as does his confidence. The fact he was our only attacking threat last night said it all - that's the formation he's best in - the hole behind the front 2. But he cannot win games singlehandedly, and Maldini and maybe Oddo aside, the rest of the side was shambolically poor and he was pretty much charged with winning the game for us.
    No wonder he got pissed off.

We were the second best side overall, like nico says, our game plan revolves around seedorf or kaka winning the game with a moment of genius.
    Quite, I see we're on the same page.

you can continue in football today like that. Arsenal are the perfect example of a TEAM, not great individuals. Now the changes must ring with carlo, we have paid the price for putting all our eggs none basket, our season is now over, and we prob wont make the CL next year. Simon said it would take this to ring the changes, lets hope it does now.
    He suggests that the hierarchy will do anything but ring changes, and Galliani saying Carlo's safe seems to confirm this.

The best manager in the world is jobless (Jose) lets go and get him ffs.
    Best manager in the world had all the budget to win the CL for Chelsea and never got past the semis in 3 years.
    And now Avram Grant is doing what Jose did in the league.
    Mourinho is not the best manager around.

Were not the best in europe, or italy, and not even milan.
    Our current league position isn't even accurate. We are really a midtable side.

IMO we need 5 or 6 players to turn this around, all young fit fast players, we showed our age last night

@ Danny, fair point about jose, but he did take a nearly team and make them into oneof europes best

Folks, dont even think to blame Carlo Ancelotti for this! The man ,gave Milan a lot in the past years, although he could have done more, yet again, and we must show respect for his work.Its pretty unfair to call him Bastard , Morron etc etc.
    He has a very limited number of good players.With Christian Brocchi , Favalli, Simic, Cafu, Emerson , Gourcuff, Bonera , we have a under-average bench. With these players you cannot change the game. if there is someone to blame than shoot at Galliani-Silvio duo .

We need new players. I hope that Silvio and the other morron have understood that this is the end of this era, we have to start a new cycle with a new team. With this team we won 1 Scudetto, 2 CL trophies , 1 coppa italia, 2 euro super cup, 1 world cup , in the past 7 years and thats a admirable success although we could have done better.( recall CL final in Istanbul, Seria A season 2005-06, )
    Our managment must realize that with the current squad you cannot win anymore. This season at home we lost to underdogs in the domestic league , and , its kinda stupid to expect that the same team will beat strong teams that compete in the CL. We play a very very predictable soccer. Every coach knows that if you want to beat Milan , stop Kaka, stop Pirlo(only in his good day otherwise he will help the opponent team beat you) , same goes for Seedorf and Milan is beaten up. Pato is still a kid, unexperienced , has to learn a lot, Inzaghi an old man, Gilardino ---> not Milan class, we all know what we can expect from Rino & Ambro duo. Our fullbacks are mostly desastrous especially Oddo.Jankulovski isnt a nature LB , Poalo old - retiring , Kaladze not in level to partner Nesta.