Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 1994 in Athens AC Milan - Barcelona

I remember that game very well and, like Dario, it is my favourite game of all time. At the time one of my cousins was a Barca fan and he was giving me stick leading up to the match, I chose to stay silent and let the game unfold before saying anything. I watched the first half at my house and drove to his house for the second half. It was lovely to sit there with a lovely smug smile on my face as he just sat silently

I honestly think that was the most perfect performance by a football team ever.
    FORZA MILAN

"AC Milan will always have what it takes to win on the field of play. But even if we can't win, never say Inter."

In order to truly appreciate this victory one has to only look at the opponent. This was no shitty Bayer Leverkusen Real faced in ’02, no dreadful Monaco that allowed Mourinho to loose his virginity in ‘04. NO!! This was the Mighty Barca, Cruyff’s dream team with Romario , Stoichkov, Koeaman, Zubizzareta, Bakero, Nadal, Guardiola, Beugiristain….

Now this is how LEGENDS are born!!!
    in un mese hai perso moglie,tifosi e kakà,papi vendi la società

Indeed, many put that barca team on a par with the current one, and if you consider that Papin, Van Basten, Coatacurta and Baresi were all missing, Fillipi Galli stepped in and Panucci played out of position, it's all the more remarkable.

And that Barca side was OWNED!!!! Totally outplayed!I had it taped in VHS and I watched it over and over again!

Ian is right, amd I think many still regar it as the best performance by a club side ever

I got most of our memorable matchen on my computer... If anyone would like to a game tell me and i will guide you to get it downloaded from me...

Have you got the 94 semi final versus Monaco?

Loved Massaro's and Albertini's goals, especially after Klinnsmans dive!