Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: AC Milan vs Fiorentina

I am on my own today !! Cafu what a miss !

tried to pass for Janku...

what a pass by Pirlo...

again I thought we would have scored PIRLO

Pippo in for Oliveira

After a tough and hard fought performance against Utd., this result against Fiorentina is not so bad in the grand scheme of things. I can't blame anybody for this draw. They've done their job a few days ago with a Magico Milan performance that will go down in our glorious history. A let-off at home immediately afterwards is ok. Fiorentina didn't gain anything on us but Lazio did.

In any case, our next game should not include Pirlo, Kaka, Ambrosini, Gattuso or the rest of the starters IMO. I'm just hoping that our squad remains 100% fit at this time going into the final.

M I L A N

Riferimento d'Europa

It's fine to include some starters who still, despite many games, have good physical fitness against Catania. From the start of the game, or as subs.

Resting players from today, 6/5 to 23/5, will only make the players unfit IMHO. Better rest all of them in against Udinese, the game before the final.

It was a great match in the 1st half...with both teams going forward, trying to open the score.

Milan had a goal disallowed...I didn't see the foul by Kaka, but the ref thought different. Then Kaka, it just wasn't his day, missed a pk.
    The 2nd half was less intense...neither, Cafu missed a great chance to score the winner...he was all alone in front of Frey.
    Fiorentina did look dangerous a couple of times.

Nice game by Dida, Nesta, Favalli and the rest of the defenders.
    We could have almost clinched a CL spot for next season with the win, but I guess that'll have to wait one more week.

FORZA MILAN!!!!!
    ^^^^FORZA VECCHIO CUORE ROSSONERO^^^^

On the balance of play, a draw was about fair result wise, IMO.

Fiorentina played some extremely impressive counter-attacking football and we were caught out an alarming number of times. Were it not for a little more composure from Pazzini...

The penalty miss aside, we didn't create an abundance of guilt-edged chances with the exception of Cafu's; was it a cross or a shot I have no idea but it was a glorious opportunity.

Anyhoo, we would certainly have snatched this position a couple of months ago with grateful hands, so I'm not too disheartened by today's draw.