Page 1 of 19 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: AC Milan Vs Bayern Munich

Champions League Cup AC Milan Vs Bayern Munich

Tuesday night..

They will be without Van Bommel and Kahn.

Now in all honesty, we have better indivuals but they play better as a team since Otmar took over.. And he's surely a much better coach than our "thing" that's sitting on the bench..

Hargreaves and Lucio are doubts but should make it. We have to win and keep a clean sheet as it will be very hard in Germany next week.. They're on a rise and we're not.. We hardly made a progress in terms of teamwork and good play in the last few weeks.. Actually.. I hardly recall a goal we scored from good teamwork, all our recent goals are from indivual attempts (Kaka runs, Ronaldo shots) or Set pieces (Finally we improved on this after 4 yrs of bad work, finally Carlo noticed it!)..

Anyway, Bayern's not much better than us.. They have their share of problems too..

I hope Gourcuff plays but it's almost impossible Carlo fields him.. I wouldn't be surprised to see Ambro Pirlo Rino in midfield as both Ambro and Rino were rested Vs Roma..

We should win in Milano unless we are pathetic at home and Bayern has super match. I'm worried about the away match in Munich. I don't think we have the minerals to get a draw in Munich let alone a win.

A bricklayer midfield will be Carlo's option as he believes in dealing strength with strength. He will say that Bayern is a very physical and strong side and they like to enforce their style and we are good because we trashed them 4-1 last season etc.

Bayern has been one of the best sides in the away games this season in the UCL. I don't think they will beat us but I give them an edge in this tie. They are more of a team with a great coach while we are more of individuals with a clueless coach right now.

Time to pray.

M I L A N

Riferimento d'Europa

Rubbish Haroon. If at home we can't overcome Bayern's weakest team in the last 5 years, who are without Kahn and Van Bommel,, then we deserve to be eliminated.

And this is the worse Milan in 5 years too.. We're not in 2003 Tomas, please remmeber this too

As said before, we have better indivuals who can perform stunning runs (Kaka..) but they play much better as a team since Otmar made his comeback on their bench..

Anyway it will all be settled on the pitch, I expect a very close 2 legs.. I see it 50-50..

Quote Originally Posted by Tomas View Post
    Rubbish Haroon. If at home we can't overcome Bayern's weakest team in the last 5 years, who are without Kahn and Van Bommel,, then we deserve to be eliminated.
    Tomas,

Bayern Munich in the UCL 2006-7

Away record:

0-2 win against Inter FC

0-1 win against Sporting Lisboa

2-2 draw against Spartak Moskva

RD-16 -> 3-2 loss against Real Madrid

This Bayern which is allegedly the worst side in 5 years according to your analysis became the first Bayern side to win in Milano in the last 17 years. Inter might be a circus but it is only 4 seasons or so ago that they lost their first home match in the UCL since 1972 to Lyon via a Sony Andersson goal solo goal in a 0-1 shock win. Since then they have lost to Arsenal in a 1-5 thrashing and a few times to Milan in the UCL.

What I am suggesting is that Inter is not a push-over in the UCL home games so going there and defeating them 0-2 and not conceding a goal against this free scoring Inter is a very decent result.

Then they won away to Sporting as well and got a good draw at Spartak in freezing conditions. A measure of a team in the UCL is always what it does away from home.

Milan made massive statements by cleaning house against Depo, Bayern, Dortmund, Lokomotiv and Inter in our UCL winning season.

We also came up with a very decent win at Utd. on our way to Istanbul. Away form always matters in this competition.

Bayern, Chelsea and Liverpool have the best away records this season and considering the opponents Bayern and Liverpool stand head and shoulders above the rest.

The weakest Bayern team in the last 5 years is good money to reach Athens IMO.

We on the other hand have had a forgettable season. We are fighting to reach 4th spot while Bayern is 6 points away from league leaders. We needed extra time to get past Celtic and that too through a Kaka run and goal at the end. In the weakest group we only got through while in 2002-3 and past we have had to deal with the toughest opponents and toughest draws possible. We would've been out already had we not had the easiest group.

The advantage we have going for us is that we have match winners like Kaka and Nesta in addition to the fact that Bayern have never beaten us. On the other hand Bayern have no match-winner. Just a team of average to good players who play as a unit without relying on anybody now that Ballack is gone as well. And their coach is 10 times the coach that Ancelotti will ever be.

I can't over-rate Milan and under-rate Bayern at the same time. Saying that this Bayern is the weakest side in the last 5 years is just like Ancelotti and Galliani saying in early September 2006-7 that this Milan side is class and they will show it on the pitch. It's a false notion.

Our game will be tough with the Bavarians. It will be hard to beat them at home and even harder to beat them in Munich this time. I still think that we can pull off a close win but I really fear what might be in store in Munich. Hitzfeld will return the favour of 2002-3 to Ancelotti this time around IMO. Unfinished business.

M I L A N

Riferimento d'Europa

so far we have never lost against bayern in european liga's. Actually we have won the tournament 3 times after we won from bayern earlier in the tournament

last year being the exception, carlo likes to break records and set new ones

Quote Originally Posted by fillipo View Post
    so far we have never lost against bayern in european liga's. Actually we have won the tournament 3 times after we won from bayern earlier in the tournament
    Last year that streak / record was broken by Carlo Ancelotti. He has broken all the good records we had.

We have a long list of bad records in Europe and Serie A under him now. It's amazing how he manages to do it.

M I L A N

Riferimento d'Europa